Rogue Ohio Power Bar – Stainess Steel
- Manufacturer: Rogue Fitness
- Purpose: Powerlifting
- Bar Weight: 45lb
- Gender: Men
- Tensile Strength: 200,000
- Yield Strength: N/A
- Knurl Type: Aggressive
- Center Knurl: Yes
- Knurl Marks: Powerlifting
- Shaft Finish: Stainless Steel
- Shaft Diameter: 29mm
- Sleeve Finish: Hard Chrome
- Sleeve Type: Grooved
- Rotation System: Bushing
- Made In: USA
- Warranty: Lifetime
Read below to get a closer look at the Rogue Stainless Steel Ohio Power Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Rogue Ohio Power Bar – Stainless Steel
The Rogue Ohio Power Bar is one of the most popular powerlifting barbells on the market. This bar is made in multiple finish options, which caters to different people for several reasons.
The stainless steel version is one of the best Ohio Power Bar options available not only because of its oxidation resistance, but also its look and its feel.
This bar has several notable features that are outlined below.
Features & Highlights
- Stainless Steel – Stainless steel is excellent at preventing rust and it provides a true raw feel. While it is one of the more expensive options, it is arguably the best one available. Aside from the oxidation resistance and excellent feel, stainless steel also looks fantastic. This specific bar offers stainless steel on the shaft, and hard chrome on the sleeves. If you’re looking for a fully stainless steel option, Rogue does offer one for an upcharge.
- Aggressive Knurling – The knurling on the OPB is fairly aggressive, but due to its volcanic pattern, it’s not sharp, nor is it as aggressive as some other knurl patterns. It strikes a very good balance that makes it a great choice for a daily driver.
- 29mm Shaft – The 29mm shaft on the Rogue Stainless Steel Power Bar is consistent with IPF standards. It creates a very rigid shaft ideal for the big 3 power lifts.
- IPF Knurl Marks – This bar offers single powerlifting knurl marks spec’d to IPF requirements.
- Tensile Strength – The Stainless version of the Ohio Power Bar offers a 200,000 PSI tensile strength, which is slightly less than the 205,000 PSI on non-stainless versions. Still, 200k is more than ample.
- Grooved, Hard Chrome Sleeves – The grooved sleeves will tend to keep the plates on the bar better than a smooth sleeve when not using collars, but they will also be louder.
- Bushings – The bar offers a bronze bushing rotation system, which is very common with a power bar.
- Center Knurl – This bar includes a center knurl in the same knurl pattern as the rest of the bar.
- Strong Warranty – This bar offers a lifetime warranty.
- Made in America – The OPB is made in Columbus, Ohio.
What They’re Saying at Rogue Fitness
The Rogue Stainless Steel Power Bar receives very positive feedback from users. With a 4.9/5 average rating at roguefitness.com, here are some of the things people have said:
- “When building a garage gym it’s important to consider getting equipment that will withstand the temperature changes as well as humidity changes and knowing that rogue typically builds the best products in the market, and knowing that the Rogue Ohio power bar is considered the gold standard in power bars, it was a no-brainer for me to pick up a stainless steel version of this particular bar. It arrived promptly, it is of course flawless both in its appearance as well as the fine points of the knurling start and stop points as well as the spin of the colors as well as the all-around finish. I’ve been using this bar for a little over a month and it’s reputation is validated. Stainless steel requires very little maintenance aside from a brief brushing after use to get rid of chalk residue, and the occasional 3 in one oil to make sure that it is nice and protected, so it is perfect for garage use. I think the next purchase I’m going to make, if they have it, is a rogue stainless steel Deadlift bar. I can’t recommend this bar enough, I think it should be a staple in everyone’s gym as it is my daily driver.”
- “Great knurl and great feeling of the bar. Would encourage anyone new or old to lifting equipment to buy this bar.”
- “have had this bar in the open garage, it is my daily driver and I have not had any corrosion or problems, the knurling still feels great”
- “This bar is awesome the aggressive knurling really makes you feel secure and safe with any lift. My hands are stronger grip has improved. This bar will last forever.”
- “I’ve been squatting, benching, deadlifting, and pressing with this bar for a few months now, and I couldn’t be happier with the fit and finish and the knurling. The stainless steel makes this the best looking bar I’ve seen (I only ever lifted in commercial gyms before this) and the knurling is just intense enough to feel grippier than other bars without drawing blood. The packaging it shipped in protected it completely from damage. It really represents Rogue’s product build quality well.”
- “It’s exactly what you expect and pay for. It’s slightly more expensive but so far, after a few months, I am extremely pleased with the overall quality of the bar.”
- “One thing I would like to see from all Rogue bars is a smooth shaft. For MOST plates the zipping noise is bearable but I have a few that it actually creates more of a “judder” movement and it’s not pleasant.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
The Rogue Ohio Power Bar was a winner in the Garage Gym Lab 2022 Best Barbell Awards. You can also read my review of the Rogue Stainless Ohio Power Bar.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Rogue Stainless Steel Ohio Power Bar.