Rogue Olympic WL Bar – Bright Zinc
- Manufacturer: Rogue Fitness
- Purpose: Olympic Weightlifting
- Bar Weight: 20kg
- Gender: Men
- Tensile Strength: 215,000
- Yield Strength: N/A
- Knurl Type: Medium
- Center Knurl: No
- Knurl Marks: Olympic
- Shaft Finish: Bright Zinc
- Shaft Diameter: 28mm
- Sleeve Finish: Bright Zinc
- Sleeve Type: Grooved
- Rotation System: Needle Bearing
- Made In: USA
- Warranty: Lifetime
Read below to get a detailed look at the Rogue Bright Zinc Olympic WL Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Rogue Olympic Weightlifting Bar – Bright Zinc
The Rogue Olympic WL Bar is a high-quality men’s Oly bar with a strong reputation and a lifetime warranty.
Equipped with a 28mm shaft, Olympic knurl marks, needle bearings, and a 215,000 PSI tensile strength, it’s spec’d to handle all of your Olympic weightlifting needs.
Here are some further details about the bar:
Features & Highlights
- Bright Zinc Finish – Bright Zinc is a cost-efficient plating that does an OK job at fighting off rust. You won’t get the same feel as you would with a non-plated finish like bare steel, stainless steel, etc… but you get a good blend of feel and rust resistance without the larger price tag.
- 28mm Shaft – The 28mm shaft will generate great whip and it’s consistent with Olympic Weightlifting standards.
- No Center Knurl – The Rogue Bright Zinc Olympic WL Bar does not offer a center knurl, which is useful on high rep training sessions and/or in cases where a lifter wants a more comfortable bar.
- Tensile Strength – This bar offers an impressive 215,000 PSI tensile strength, which stacks up very well against the competition.
- Grooved Sleeves – The sleeves on the Rogue Bright Zinc Olympic WL Bar have fine grooves that help keep the plates on the bar better when you’re not using collars. The downside is that grooved sleeves make an audible zip noise when loading/unloading plates.
- American Made – This bar is made in America.
What They’re Saying at Roguefitness.com
The Rogue Bright Zinc Olympic WL Bar receives very positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.8/5, here are some of the things they have said at Roguefitness.com:
- “I retired my old bar made without bearings in favor of this new bar. The free-spinning nature of the bearings make all lifts so much easier. I love my new bar!!”
- “I have been using the bar for around 2 months almost everyday for olympic weightlifting training. I had previously been training with Eleiko sport bars and can say that the Rogue barbell is definitely comparable. The spin and whip are excellent, and I prefer the Rogue knurling to the Eleiko. The only difference between the two bars is that the Rogue simply doesn’t have the indescribable ‘Eleiko feel’. I will see how it holds up over time, but I have only praise for Rogue at the current time.”
- “If I had known what a difference a good Olympic bar made I would have gotten one sooner. Just amazing to work with!”
- “bought it a few months ago, feels lighter due to the amazing spin. Used to do olympic lifts with the ohio bar, this is easily 3x whippier, and 3x the spin, and grippier knurling, although it isnt agressive, and I havent even had to use chalk. amazing bar, Ive lifted with eleikos and i prefer the knurling on the rogue bar. The rogue bar also has better whip, and the spin is about the same or better. very happy.”
- “Unfortunately, the zinc bar can’t withstand the sweat of lifters and weather on the East coast. Therefore, involves frequent cleaning.”
- “This is a beautiful bar, but the knurl is so passive its like holding nothing.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed this bar.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Rogue Bright Zinc Olympic WL Bar: