Rogue Olympic WL Bar – Cerakote
- Manufacturer: Rogue Fitness
- Purpose: Olympic Weightlifting
- Bar Weight: 20kg
- Gender: Men
- Tensile Strength: 215,000
- Yield Strength: N/A
- Knurl Type: Medium
- Center Knurl: No
- Knurl Marks: Olympic
- Shaft Finish: Cerakote
- Shaft Diameter: 28mm
- Sleeve Finish: Hard Chrome
- Sleeve Type: Grooved
- Rotation System: Needle Bearing
- Made In: USA
- Warranty: Lifetime
Read below to get a detailed look at the Rogue Cerakote Olympic WL Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Rogue Olympic Weightlifting Bar – Cerakote
The Rogue Cerakote Olympic WL Bar is a high-quality men’s Oly bar with a strong reputation and a lifetime warranty.
Equipped with a 28mm shaft, Olympic knurl marks, needle bearings, and a 215,000 PSI tensile strength, it’s spec’d to handle all of your Olympic weightlifting needs.
Here are some further details about the bar:
Features & Highlights
- Cerakote Finish – Cerakote is a high-quality finish option that has been made popular on barbells due to its outstanding resistance to rust and corrosion. Originally created to be used on firearms, Cerakote has been shown to withstand abuse and harsh environments. If you train in a humid environment like a garage gym, Cerakote is a great option. The potential downside to Cerakote is that it’s applied on top of the shaft, which has a tendency to remove some of the raw feel of a bare steel, stainless steel, etc.. shaft.
- 28mm Shaft – The 28mm shaft will generate great whip and it’s consistent with Olympic Weightlifting standards.
- No Center Knurl – The Rogue Cerakote Olympic WL Bar does not offer a center knurl, which is useful on high rep training sessions and/or in cases where a lifter wants a more comfortable bar.
- Tensile Strength – This bar offers an impressive 215,000 PSI tensile strength, which stacks up very well against the competition.
- Grooved Sleeves – The sleeves on this bar have fine grooves that help keep the plates on the bar better when you’re not using collars. The downside is that grooved sleeves make an audible zip noise when loading/unloading plates.
- American Made – This bar is 100% made in America.
What They’re Saying at Roguefitness.com
The Rogue Cerakote Olympic WL Bar receives very positive feedback from users. Withan average rating of 4.8/5, here are some of the things they have said at roguefitness.com:
- “This bar spins beautifully, provides great feedback and rattle on Olympic lifts when making proper body contact on the clean and snatch, cleans up easily with 3-in-1 oil should you decide to use chalk, although I suggest not using chalk with this bar. The knurling is absolutely perfect, does not chew up my hands yet provides fantastic grip, and no center knurl makes for comfortable cleans and front squats. I love the black and chrome pairing in terms of aesthetics, too.”
- “Literally the best bar I have ever used. Spins like a dream!”
- “I love this barbell. The finish is so much better than zinc and is also a little more passive than the stainless model.”
- “This bar has great whip and spin, it is by far the nicest Olympic lifting bar I have owned.”
- “The build quality on this bar is second to none. Whip, knurling and spin are all excellent. The bar is also significantly quieter when dropped from overhead when compared to my Ohio bar. The high gloss clear Cerakote finish gives it an old school high end look while still benefiting from the increased protection of Cerakote.”
- “Love this bar!! The Cerakote finish is fantastic and the color is an eye catcher. Glad I went with Rogue. There are some other bars out there, but I know that this bar is TOP quality and I would definitely not have been as happy if I had made a different purchase.”
- “The bar is a little noisy but that isn’t a complaint. I do, however, wish this bar had a center knurl though; so Rogue please add the option for center knurl on the Cerakote versions. Overall, I love this bar and use it a lot.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed this bar.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Rogue Cerakote Olympic WL Bar: