Rogue Operator Bar 3.0
- Manufacturer: Rogue Fitness
- Purpose: Multipurpose
- Bar Weight: 20kg
- Gender: Men
- Tensile Strength: 190,000
- Yield Strength: N/A
- Knurl Type: Medium
- Center Knurl: No
- Knurl Marks: Dual/multipurpose
- Shaft Finish: Cerakote
- Shaft Diameter: 28.5mm
- Sleeve Finish: Cerakote
- Sleeve Type: Grooved
- Rotation System: Composite Bushing
- Made In: USA
- Warranty: Lifetime
Read below to get a detailed look at the Rogue Operator Bar 3.0 including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Rogue Operator Bar 3.0
The Rogue Operator Bar 3.0 is a military-inspired version of the popular Cerakote Ohio Bar.
This bar comes with a 28.5mm diameter shaft, dual knurl marks, 190,000 PSI tensile strength, several military shaft designs, and composite bushings.
It’s priced the same as the Cerakote Ohio Bar, it has matching specs, and it offers a lifetime warranty.
The only difference between the Operator Bar and the Ohio Bar is that the Operator bar cannot be chosen with hard chrome sleeves. This leaves black Cerakote as the only sleeve finish option.
Here are some further details about the bar:
Features & Highlights
- Cerakote Finish – Cerakote is a high-quality finish option that has been made popular on barbells due to its outstanding resistance to rust and corrosion. Originally created to be used on firearms, Cerakote has been shown to withstand abuse and harsh environments. If you train in a humid environment like a garage gym, Cerakote is a great option. The potential downside to Cerakote is that it’s applied on top of the shaft, which has a tendency to remove some of the raw feel of a bare steel, stainless steel, etc.. shaft.
- 28.5mm Shaft – The 28.5mm shaft on the Rogue Operator Bar 3.0 is comfortable in the hands and provides a nice balance between rigid and whippy, making it ideal for a variety of lifts.
- No Center Knurl – This bar does not offer a center knurl, which is useful on high rep training sessions and/or in cases where a lifter wants a more comfortable bar.
- Grooved, Cerakote Sleeves – The sleeves on this bar have fine grooves that help keep the plates on the bar better when you’re not using collars. The downside is that grooved sleeves make an audible zip noise when loading/unloading plates. Further, Cerakote sleeves will have a tendency to show scrapes and scuffs as plates slide on and off.
- American Made – This bar is made in America.
What They’re Saying at Roguefitness.com
The Rogue Operator Bar 3.0 receives very good feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.9/5, here are some of the things people are saying at roguefitness.com:
- “A bar is not just a bar… this is “THE” bar. Until you bench, dead lift, or squat with this bar, this will become your favorite bar in time. I alternate this bar with the Cerakote Ohio Bar (Special Fraser Edition and Cancer Special Edition) but the black stripe woodland camo makes it that extra special. This bar will outlast my lifetime. Hardest part is deciding the color selection. Good luck.”
- “Bar is wonderful. Black camo looks awesome and the good grip feel of Ohio bar. This is basically a Cerokote Ohio bar that looks better. The matte black ends are holding up better than I thought they would. I’ll probably get another coloured one in the future….. army green!”
- “Got this bar in green for my home gym, love it, I’ve used a lot of different bars from various companies throughout my time in the army, but rogue makes the best stuff hands down. Thanks for your quality products!!”
- “I got the bar about a month ago and have been happy with it so far. Great grip, knurling is neither to soft or aggressive, just perfect! I like the grey camo look, absolutely awesome for a weightlifting bar!”
- “I was a little hesitant to spend this money on a bar without being able to actually lay hands on it but I’m so glad I did. I ordered the olive green and it’s an awesome color. I was worried it might be a little bright but it’s definitely a deep olive color. The whip is good and I feel much more comfortable with some big weight as opposed to one of the generic bars at my CrossFit gym. Worth the dough”
- “I bought this bar a month ago and have used it regularly for olympic lifts as well as deadlift. The bar is great – good feel, handles weight well, and looks sexy as he**.”
- “I bought this a month ago with the camo cerakote finish and very glad I did. It has a great feel which isn’t much different than the uncoated bars and looks great. I use this daily for bench, squats, and deadlifts and couldn’t ask for a better product. Thank you Rogue for an amazing product line and great service.”
- “I bought the Operator 3.0 bar in July of 2019 and initially loved it. The feel, look and spin was great. However, about 3 months into using the bar the composite bushings began delaminating. Rogue customer service was great and quickly shipped a new bar; however, the same problem with the composite bushing happened within 3 months of using the replacement bar. I ended up asking Rogue for bronze bushing sleeves which they quickly sent. I believe the bronze bushings will hold up to the abuse a little better and they spin just as well.”
- “Too bad the black on the sleeves gets scratched to easy by putting plates on and off.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed this bar.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Rogue Operator Bar 3.0: