Rogue RE-4 Echo Rack
- Manufacturer: Rogue Fitness
- Rack Type: 4-Post Power Rack
- Tube Size: 2×2 11-Gauge Steel
- Hole Size: 1/2″
- Hole Spacing: 2″ through bench/squat, 6″ elsewhere
- Height: 90 3/8″
- Footprint: 52″ Deep/52″ Wide (47″/47″ on uprights)
- Interior Depth/Width: 43″/43″
- Weight: 190lb
- Numbered Uprights: No
- Color: Black
- Made In: USA
Read below to get a detailed look at the Rogue RE-4 Power Rack including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Rogue RE-4 Echo Rack
The Rogue RE-4 Echo Rack is an economical rack with a no-frills spec profile. It’s built with 2×2 11-gauge steel and it offers 1/2″ holes.
The Echo rack line from Rogue does not offer any attachments beyond the basics (J-Cups, band pegs, pin & pipe safeties) nor is it accommodating to attachments from other companies as of now.
Read more below.
Features & Highlights
- Steel Size – The RE-4 rack from Rogue is a part of their Echo lineup. It’s constructed with 2×2 11-gauge steel and it’s assembled with a bolt-together design.
- 4-Post Design – As a 4-post rack, you’ll save some space and money compared to a 6-post rack. One of the biggest differences between the two is stability. This rack will need to be bolted into the ground or onto a platform unless you purchase the stabilizer on the product page.
- Hole/Hardware Sizing – This rack uses 1/2″ hardware, which isn’t a very common size. Most racks are 5/8″ or 1″, which further limits the configurability of the Echo line.
- Hole Spacing – The RE-4 includes 2″ hole spacing through the bench and squat zone, which is a very common spacing. Where it differs is that it also offers 6″ spacing above the squat zone, which limits use in comparison to other racks, like the R-4.
- Exterior Rack Dimensions – This rack measures 52″ in length, 52″ in width, and 90.375″ tall. In terms of the uprights themselves, the dimensions are 47″ deep and 47″ wide. A 47″ width is a nice benefit because it offers more space between the first plate on a bar and the rack itself. This reduces the chances of hitting the uprights when racking/unracking.
- Interior Rack Dimensions – The interior lifting area measures 43″ deep, which is more than enough room to comfortably lift in.
- Safety Options – This rack does not come with any spotter system as standard. You will need to add the pin & pipe safeties on the product page. Of course, you absolutely should be buying them since having a safety system is very important. In general pin & pipes do their job well, but they are more tedious to set up and they aren’t as protective of your barbells as safety straps or flip-down safeties.
- Made in America – The Rogue RE-4 is made in Ohio.
What’s Included in the Box
The Rogue RE-4 Power Rack includes several pieces as standard:
- (2) Standard J-Cups
- (4) Band Pegs
- (1) 1.25″ Diameter Pull-Up Bar
- (1) Fat/Skinny Pull-Up Bar (2″ & 1.25″ Diameter)
- (4) 90″ Uprights
- (4) 43″ Crossmembers
You will need to purchase the pin & pipe safeties and/or the stabilizer separately, and you can do so directly on the product page.
The Rogue RE-4 Echo Rack is constructed with 2×2 steel and 1/2″ hardware, which is not compatible with any attachments that Rogue separately sells as they do with the Infinity, Monster Lite, and Monster series racks.
Additionally, compatibility outside of Rogue is non-existent unless you have custom attachments manufactured.
What They’re Saying at Rogue Fitness
The Rogue RE-4 Echo Rack receives positive, but limited feedback from users. With an average rating of 5/5, here are some of the things people have said at roguefitness.com.
- “I’ve had this rack for about 2 months, easy installation and required to be bolted to concrete. This rack is great for bench/squats, pullups and bar MUs. My only disappointment is they don’t make attachments like dip station or plate storage for this rack.”
- “Great rack! More expensive than some I compared on Amazon but I’m impressed with the quality over all. Shipped quick, Rogue has been great to deal with. No regrets with this rack you get what you pay for.”
- None Noted
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed the Rogue RE-4 Echo Rack.
The below racks were picked as alternatives to the Rogue RE-4 Echo Rack.