Titan T-2 Power Rack
- Manufacturer: Titan Fitness
- Rack Type: 4-Post Power Rack
- Tube Size: 2×2
- Hole Size: 1″
- Hole Spacing: 2″
- Height: 71″ or 83″
- Footprint: 50″ Deep/56″ Wide (46″ on uprights)
- Interior Depth/Width: 26″/42″
- Weight: Varies
- Numbered Uprights: No
- Color: Black
- Made In: Import
Read below to get a detailed look at the Titan T-2 Power Rack including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Titan T-2 Power Rack
The Titan T-2 Power Rack is a basic 4-post rack with a no-frills spec profile and an entry-level price point. This is a nice rack for beginner/recreational lifters or anyone looking to outfit their gym on a budget. The rack is constructed with 2×2 steel and it offers 1″ holes, 2″ spacing, and an 850lb capacity.
For anyone looking for a 2×3 option with a higher capacity and some other additional features, the Titan T-3 Power Rack is the next level up.
Read more below.
Features & Highlights
- Steel Size – The Titan T-2 is built using 2×2 steel and it’s assembled with a bolt-together design. This rack is rated to 850lb, which is more than some competing 2×2 racks. While this capacity is plenty for most users, 2×3 and 3×3 racks offer a higher limit, albeit at a higher price point.
- 4-Post Design – As a 4-post rack, you’ll save some space and money compared to a 6-post rack. With the Titan T-2, there are no side holes, so plate storage isn’t possible in the traditional sense unless you purchase the 10″ extension kit. With this rack, however, there are two vertical posts on the back of the base that can be used for plate storage. This not only helps organize your plates, but it creates stability in the rack.
- Hole/Hardware Sizing – This rack uses 1″ hardware, which is a common hole size. The rack will accommodate all of Titan’s T-2 Attachments as well as some from other companies (read more in the compatibility section below).
- Hole Spacing – The T-2 utilizes 2″ hole spacing throughout the rack, which is a common hole spacing. This rack does not offer Westside hole spacing through the bench zone. If you want Westside spacing, the Titan T-3 offers it.
- Exterior Rack Dimensions – This rack is space-friendly with a total footprint of 57″ wide, 50″ deep, and with 83″ or 71″ tall. The majority of the rack is only 46″ wide, but the rear base extends 11″ further for structural stability and plate storage. In terms of the uprights themselves, the dimensions are 30″ deep and 46″ wide. Both height options are ideal for lifters in low-ceiling rooms.
- Interior Rack Dimensions – The interior lifting area measures 26″ deep and 42″ wide. While this is enough room to safely lift in, some users may find it to be cramped.
- Safety Options – This rack includes classic pin & pipe safeties that can be upgraded to the 26″ safety strap system, which I highly recommend. Pin & Pipes can be a hassle to set up and they aren’t as protective on your barbell as safety straps.
- No Color Options – The T-2 comes in a standard black powder coat. There are currently no options to change the color.
- Bolt-Down Not Required – With this rack, you do not need to bolt it to the ground or to a platform given its rear support. It does, however, provide an area to bolt it down if you wish.
What’s Included in the Box
The Titan T-2 includes several pieces as standard:
- (2) Standard J-Cups
- (2) Pin & Pipe Safeties
- (1) 1.25″ Diameter Pull-Up Bar
- (4) 81″ Uprights (83″ Total Height) or 69″ Uprights (71″ Total Height)
- (2) 26″ Crossmembers
- (1) Base including rear support with 2 storage posts
The Titan T-2 Power Rack is constructed with 2×2 steel and 1″ hardware, which is compatible with Titan’s T-2 Attachments.
The Lat/Low row allows you to perform cable movements off the back of the rack, the safety straps are more convenient and safer for your barbell, the adjustable monolift eliminates the walk-out on squats and makes bench press much more efficient, and the multi-grip pull-up bar offers several additional pull-up options.
What They’re Saying at Titan Fitness
The Titan T-2 Power Rack receives excellent feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.8/5, here are some of the things people have said at titan.fitness.
- “I just got this and wow! Titan hit it out if the park with this one. I’ve had a few budget racks and then sold them for other budget racks including the old t2 rack. This one is a keeper for sure. The j hooks are the best in the business as far as I’m concerned and the spotter pins seem over built and indestructible. The paint is much better and the hardware is beefier than rep fitness pr-1100. Also the amount of accessories available is over the top.”
- “I was initially waiting for the T3 racks to be back in stock but got tired of waiting. I decided to order the T2 instead mainly because it was in stock and affordable. I was regretting my purchase initially but once I received it I was impressed with how sturdy it felt and it definitely doesn’t feel or look cheap. I also ordered the spotter arms and extension kit for it to store weights and it doesn’t move at all. I love the fact that the j-hooks come with the plastic padding to protect the bar and the rack.”
- “I was going back and forth on which rack I wanted to go with. I ended up with the T-2, and couldn’t be happier. First and foremost, it is the most budget friendly option around. But with the price, you’re not making any sacrifices when it comes to quality. This rack is dense and stands strong. I did not bolt down to the ground ( though I will once I add more weight), and I haven’t had any issues whatsoever. Lots of accessories to add and a very simple, sturdy design. I put it together in under an hour.”
- “Was on the fence about getting the T2 because I got caught up in all that the bigger racks provide, but the new updated version is everything I need. The finish is great and the load capacity is more than I’ll ever need. Love that I can add the Lat pull down to it later and a host of other accessories. I think the amount of accessories it offers is what separates it from other 2×2 racks on the market. Hardware and all came packaged up nicely! Definitely recommend it”
- “I received my 83-in T2 with the optional plate storage turning it into a 6 post rack. I built it, only snugging the hardware and placed it on stall mats. I loaded it with a couple of plates and let it sit over night. I came back and tightened all the hardware after it had settled and it is rock! No shake, no wobble. I loaded the rest of the plate holders with iron and grabbed the pull up bar. I am 6’4″ / 210lbs. and the rack held strong for strict pull ups. If I was shorter I could probably kip pull up, though I would advise bolting the front of the rack to the floor. Otherwise the improved T2 is very stable. J-hooks are UHMW lined both on the bar side and where it attaches to the rack and have welded support gussets for increased strength. There is nothing budget about them. The pin and pipe safeties are heavy and reinforce confidence during those PR lifts. I opted for the strap safeties and they too appear to have Thor strength. All the welds through out the rack appear neat and strong as well. The hardware is beefy. Assembly was simple but use your own tools. I have been in the garage gym game for a while and have worked out for years. I am very happy I picked this rack over other budget racks.”
- “For the price, this is the best short rack you could get. It’s very sturdy and there’s minimal to no wobble while racking the weights. Highly recommend it you have low ceiling.”
- “The only thing I wish Titan Fitness would mention about this rack is that the extension kit and the lat pulldown attachment are not compatible together. You can only attach one or the other to the rack BUT not both. Hopefully in the near future they can find a way to use both.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed the Titan T-2.
The below racks were picked as alternatives to the Titan T-2 Power Rack.