Rogue Training 2.0 Plates – KG
- Manufacturer: Rogue Fitness
- Plate Type: Rubber Training Bumper Plate
- Insert Type: Zinc Steel Disc
- Weight System: KG/Kilograms
- Weight Increments: 10KG-25KG
- Durometer Rating/Bounce: 90/Low Bounce
- Weight Tolerance: +/- 15 Grams
- Diameter: 450mm
- Hole Size: 50.4mm
- Color: Black w/ Color Stripe/Lettering
- Made in: Import
- Warranty: N/A
Read below to get a detailed look at the Rogue Color Training Plates 2.0 (KG) including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Rogue KG Training 2.0 Plates
Rogue KG Training 2.0 Plates are built similarly to the very popular Black KG Training Plates from Rogue. The main differences are a slightly lower durometer rating, a different coating on the center hub, different aesthetics, and price (these include shipping).
These plates are ideal for any lifting style… Olympic weightlifting, powerlifting, general-purpose, CrossFit, etc…
This is the KG variant – you can read about the LB version here.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- Minimal Bounce – These plates have a 90 durometer rating, which makes for a very low bounce. This rating is in-line with similar style plates – the higher the rating, the harder the material, and the lower the bounce.
- Zinc-Plated Steel Disc – The Rogue KG Training 2.0 Plates have a zinc-plated center hub that, in my opinion, doesn’t look as nice as the chrome-plated hubs. The hole opening measures 50.4mm, which is standard for this style of plate. This creates a snug fit on an Olympic-sized barbell.
- Raised Flanges– The outer edges of the plates are raised to help when picking the plates up from a flat position or otherwise carry them. There is also a raised flange around the center disc to prevent metal-on-metal contact and to extend the life of the plates.
- Weight Offerings – Rogue KG Training 2.0 Plates can be purchased from 10KG up to 25LB and they’re sold in pairs. They’re also available in sets ranging from 90KG up to 140KG. Unlike the Black KG Training Bumpers, all of these plates ship free, not just the sets.
- Plate Width – A great benefit of these plates is their width. Their slim profile means you can load more weight onto the bar. The 15KG plate is slightly thinner than the Black KG Training Plate while all others are slightly thicker. Plate widths are as follows:
- 10KG – 1.22″
- 15KG – 1.17″
- 20KG – 2.13″
- 25KG – 2.54″
- Durability – These plates are very durable, whether in a commercial setting or in a home gym. They are built to handle a lot of drops while maintaining performance.
- Weight Tolerance – The Rogue KG Training 2.0 Plates have a very accurate weight tolerance of +/- 15 grams.
- Aesthetics – These plates look nice, but in my opinion, they don’t look as nice as the Black KG Training Bumpers since these don’t offer the striped edges or the raised lettering.
What They’re Saying at Roguefitness.com
Rogue KG Training 2.0 Plates receive positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.8/5, here are some of the things people have said at roguefitness.com.
- “I bought these plates for my home gym – while they are surely not the cheapest on the market, they are clearly superior to all other weight plates I have used so far. They are very well balanced and reasonably silent. Packaging was top notch and delivery above and beyond. Very good product & service for those who can afford it.”
- “Excellent Plates, highly recommended. Thinner than the average bumper plates allowing more of them to stack on the sleeve. Very fast shipping as well.”
- “I love these plates. They are so much quieter than steel plates. Super quality, perfect workmanship and fitting accuracy on the barbell. These will not be the last plates. Everything done Right.”
- “I recently bought a pair of the 25kg plates, fit and and finish are perfect, and they perform great. Definitely would buy again.”
- “Great plate. Best on market in my opinion and would happily buy more! Highly recommended.”
- “The metal cores also seem to scuff up significantly, and I haven’t figure out how to get them clean despite several attempts. But I do overall love these plates. I’ll just wind up buying new ones sooner than I’d hoped.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed these plates.
The below plates were picked as alternatives to the Rogue KG Training 2.0 Plates.