Rogue Black Training Plates – KG
- Manufacturer: Rogue Fitness
- Plate Type: Rubber Training Bumper Plate
- Insert Type: Chrome Steel Disc
- Weight System: KG/Kilograms
- Weight Increments: 10KG-25KG
- Durometer Rating/Bounce: 94/Low Bounce
- Weight Tolerance: +/- 15 Grams
- Diameter: 450mm
- Hole Size: 50.4mm
- Color: Black w/ Color Stripe/Lettering
- Made in: Import
- Warranty: N/A
Read below to get a detailed look at the Rogue Black Training Plates (KG) including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Rogue Black Training KG Plates
Rogue Black Training KG Plates are built identically to the more expensive Rogue Competition KG Plates but with a different aesthetic. Instead of being full color, these plates are black with colored lettering and colored edges for easy identification. In general, these are very high-quality, durable, and beautiful plates.
These plates are ideal for any lifting style… Olympic weightlifting, powerlifting, general-purpose, CrossFit, etc…
This is the KG variant – you can find the LB Black Training Plates here.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- Dead Bounce – These plates have a very high durometer rating of 94, which is among the highest in the industry. The higher the rating, the harder the material and the lower the bounce. A rating of 94 will produce a very minimal bounce, which means you won’t end up following your bar as it bounces across the gym.
- Chrome-Plated Steel Disc – The Black KG Training Plates from Rogue use a beautiful chrome-plated steel disc, which is smooth on one side and which has 6 bolts on the other side for a very secure plate. The hole opening measures 50.4mm, which is standard for this style of plate. This creates a snug fit on an Olympic-sized barbell.
- Raised Flanges– The outer edges of the plates are raised to help when picking the plates up from a flat position or otherwise carrying them. There is also a raised flange around the center disc to prevent metal-on-metal contact and to extend the life of the plates.
- Weight Offerings – Rogue Black KG Training Plates can be purchased from 10KG up to 25KG and they’re sold in pairs. They’re also available in sets ranging from 90KG up to 140KG. Pricing on sets includes shipping, whereas individual pairs do not.
- Plate Width – A great benefit of these plates is their width. Their slim profile means you can load more weight onto the bar. Plate widths are as follows:
- 10KG – 1.15″
- 15KG – 1.65″
- 20KG – 2.15″
- 25KG – 2.50″
- Durability – These plates are extremely durable, whether in a commercial setting or in a home gym. They are built to sustain thousands and thousands of drops without material concern.
- Texture – The plates have a pebble grain texture to them that helps your grip and creates a nice-looking matte finish.
- Weight Tolerance – The Rogue Black Training KG Plates have a very accurate weight tolerance of +/- 15 grams.
- Aesthetics – These plates look great. If you’re looking for full color, the competition plates are the better option, but the training plates have colors that pop very nicely against the black background.
What They’re Saying at Roguefitness.com
Rogue Black Training KG Plates receive very positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.9/5, here are some of the things people have said at roguefitness.com.
- “These are great quality bumpers. Good bounce, well built, great look. Will be getting more.”
- “I love these plates. I’ve bought a few for Olympic lifting and reducing the bounce. These drop dead every single time, lovely plates and they look awesome. Both sides have the lettering on them, that wasn’t clear for me on the pictures but I hoped it was true.”
- “Perfect manufactured bumper plates with a perfect weight match. Totally would recommend to buy them even they are pricey!”
- “Extremely happy with my Black Training KG Plates (Color Stripe). They are the perfect choice for anyone who wants competition-style bumpers, but doesn’t need the IWF sticker. The look is fantastic (even better than full-competition-colors imho), everything is machined to a high quality, each weigh *exactly* the same as their pair, and there’s literally zero rubber smell.”
- “Added a pair of 20kgs to my set of color echos, and yea they’re more expensive than echos but oh lord are they beautiful, and finer quality. Tighter fit on the Ohio bar, nice lip to grip em, ugh I love them. I’m calling them my quarantine kilos. Thank you Rogue”
- “Bought a pair of 25kg training plates and I absolutely love them. The build quality of the plate is top class . By far the best bumper plate I have ever seen and had. Really smooth for a deadlift however I doubt you will get more than 5 aside on a standard barbell. Cant wait to complete full set!”
- “These have arguably the nicest aesthetics of any Rogue bumper. Unfortunately the quality of a set I received had a nasty blemish. The second set possessed no such issue. Rogue partially comped me, but do be aware. They are functional, but you shouldn’t be paying full price for boneyard bumpers.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed these plates.
The below plates were picked as alternatives to the Rogue Black Training KG Plates.