Rogue Training Bar – Cerakote
- Manufacturer: Rogue Fitness
- Purpose: Olympic Weightlifting
- Bar Weight: 20kg
- Gender: Men
- Tensile Strength: 190,000
- Yield Strength: N/A
- Knurl Type: Medium
- Center Knurl: No
- Knurl Marks: Olympic
- Shaft Finish: Cerakote
- Shaft Diameter: 28mm
- Sleeve Finish: Cerakote
- Sleeve Type: Grooved
- Rotation System: Bronze Bushing
- Made In: USA
- Warranty: Lifetime
Read below to get a detailed look at the Rogue Cerakote Training Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Rogue Training Bar – Cerakote
The Rogue Cerakote Training Bar is a mid-range USA-made men’s Olympic training bar.
Equipped with a 28mm shaft, Olympic knurl marks, a Cerakote finish, bronze bushings, and a 190,000 PSI tensile strength, it’s a good option for an all-around training bar. It’s not going to compete with a more expensive bearing bar, but for the price, it has nice features that will appeal to the intermediate-and-under class.
Read more below.
Features & Highlights
- Cerakote Shaft – Cerakote is a high-quality finish option that has been made popular on barbells due to its outstanding resistance to rust and corrosion. Originally created to be used on firearms, Cerakote has been shown to withstand abuse and harsh environments. If you train in a humid environment like a garage gym, Cerakote is a great option. The potential downside to Cerakote is that it’s applied on top of the shaft, which has a tendency to remove some of the raw feel of a bare steel, stainless steel, etc.. shaft.
- 28mm Shaft – The 28mm shaft will generate great whip and it’s consistent with Olympic Weightlifting standards.
- No Center Knurl – The Cerakote Rogue Training Bar does not offer a center knurl, which is useful on high rep training sessions and/or in cases where a lifter wants a more comfortable bar.
- Grooved Cerakote Sleeves – The sleeves on this bar have fine grooves that help keep the plates on the bar better when you’re not using collars. The downside is that grooved sleeves make an audible zip noise when loading/unloading plates. Furthermore, these sleeves have a black Cerakote finish on top. Keep in mind that Cerakote sleeves will show blemishes over time, potentially very early on, due to plates sliding on and off.
- American Made – This bar is made in America.
From the Manufacturer
The Rogue 28MM Training Bar is designed, machined, and assembled at the Rogue factory in Columbus, Ohio using the same steel shaft and uniform knurl pattern as our Olympic WL Bar. In place of the Oly Bar’s bearing sleeves, however, the Training Bar is assembled with bronze bushings in the style of the Rogue Ohio Bar. The result is a more cost-efficient, intermediate bar for athletes who still want the look and feel of a competition-ready Olympic barbell.
The quality U.S. steel used in the 28MM Training Bar meets a minimum tensile strength of 190,000 PSI, and each shaft is individually tested for straightness to within 0.015” (0.38MM). The bar is available in a wide range of optional finishes, including a custom Cerakote colorway. This unique polymer-ceramic composite coating was first popularized in the gun industry for its durability in thin applications, and offers superior corrosion resistance over the life of your bar
What They’re Saying at Roguefitness.com
The Rogue Cerakote Training Bar receives good-not-great feedback from users. Most of the reviews have been for the Black Zinc version of the bar, but those for the Cerakote version are listed below. With an average rating of 4.8/5, here are some of the things people are saying at roguefitness.com.
- “Bought this bar 2 years back for my garage gym and I absolutely love it. Unless you are really particular about bar spin, you will not want for anything else. Customer service was also top notch. Bar came with some scratches and dents on the sleeves from shipping. Rogue exchanged the bar for a new one, the process was very easy.”
- “Just started Oly a few months ago and went from a beat down commercial gym bar with worn knurling and massive diameter to the 28mm training bar (yes i took it in there) and went from a 265lbs clean to a 280lbs clean in just a few sessions. My snatch went from 175lbs to 190lbs as well. Great whip and exelent knurling. Also a great dead lift bar. Everyone who used it loved it. Great value.”
- “Knurling feels great.”
- “It’s a great looking bar, has awesome knurl, and a nice whip. I’m a little disappointed in the spin. I know it’s not a bearing bar, but it’s not really different than a typical metcon bar in terms of spin. My 7 year old Westside Power bar spins better which I don’t think should be the case.”
- “Was hoping it spun better. Would consider a boneyard bearing bar next time.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed this bar.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Rogue Cerakote Training Bar: