Sorinex Performance Bar – Black Oxide
- Manufacturer: Sorinex
- Purpose: Multipurpose
- Bar Weight: 20kg
- Gender: Men
- Tensile Strength: 190,000
- Yield Strength: N/A
- Knurl Type: Medium
- Center Knurl: No
- Knurl Marks: Dual
- Shaft Finish: Black Oxide
- Shaft Diameter: 28.5mm
- Sleeve Finish: Hard Chrome
- Sleeve Type: Grooved
- Rotation System: Bronze Bushing
- Made In: USA
- Warranty: N/A
Read below to get a detailed look at the Sorinex Black Oxide Performance Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Sorinex Black Oxide Performance Bar
The Sorinex Performance Bar is a made-in-the-USA multipurpose bar that comes in two finish variations. This particular version uses a black oxide shaft as opposed to a bright zinc shaft.
Equipped with a 28.5mm shaft, dual knurl marks, bronze bushings, and a 190,000 PSI tensile strength, the Black Oxide Performance Bar is built for a variety of lifts.
Here are some further details about the bar:
Features & Highlights
- Black Oxide Finish – Black Oxide is one of my personal favorite finishes due to its excellent feel in the hands and how well it takes chalk. Surface rust will eventually show up on a black oxide surface, so just keep this in mind. 3-in-1 Oil will help mitigate oxidation, but it won’t prevent it.
- 28.5mm Shaft – The 28.5mm shaft on the Sorinex Black Oxide Performance Bar is comfortable in the hands and provides a nice balance between rigid and whippy, making it ideal for a variety of lifts.
- Grooved Sleeves – The grooved sleeves will tend to keep the plates on the bar better than a smooth sleeve when not using collars, but they will also be louder.
- No Center Knurl – The Black Oxide Sorinex Performance Bar does not offer a center knurl, which is useful on high rep training sessions and/or in cases where a lifter wants a more comfortable bar.
- American Made – This bar is made in America.
What They’re Saying at Sorinex.com
The Sorinex Black Oxide Performance Bar receives positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.9/5 at sorinex.com, here are some of the things they have said:
- “I received my bar in perfect condition. I wanted to address that first. Second, the bar is a fox. It is smooth and shiny where there is no knurling. The black oxide is such a beaut. Also, the knurling is absolutely superb and doesn’t destroy your hands. I’d say the knurling is in that goldilocks zone (not too rough, not too soft…just right). As soon as I unloaded the bar from the box, I benched, squatted, and cleaned with it. I had to do it all. I couldn’t stop admiring the craftsmanship and knew that I needed to leave the review that this bar deserved. Sorinex, thank you for providing an amazing product during this trying time and I can finally say that my home gym is complete.”
- “The bar looks great with the black oxide! Just what I needed to perform some basic Oly and power lifts in the garage. We use Sorinex a lot at work so they were my go to based on experience with great customer service and gear that lasts without breaking the bank.”
- “Just received the bar. After unboxing there appears to be slight damage on both ends of the sleeves. Not a huge deal but definitely disappointing considering the cost (bar+shipping). This bar is in addition to the American Barbell Cerakote Training Bar I recently received. Given the price of the two bars and different approaches in shipping, I will most likely go with American Barbell in the future.”
- “For having to pay so much for shipping, I am thoroughly disappointed in the package it was delivered in. I’m not sure how or why it was permitted to ship such an expensive piece of equipment in an open tube that wasn’t even long enough to completely cover the barbell.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed this bar, but stay tuned!
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Black Oxide Sorinex Performance Bar.