Strongarm Sport Buffalo Bar
- Manufacturer: Strongarm Sport
- Purpose: Buffalo Bar
- Bar Weight: 50 lbs
- Shaft Diameter: 29mm
- Length: 92″
- Shaft Finish: Bare Steel
- Sleeve Finish: Chrome
- Sleeve Length: 17.7″
- Olympic-Sized Sleeves: Yes
- Made In: Import
- Warranty: 1 Year
Read below to get a detailed look at the Titan Fitness Yukon Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Strongarm Sport Buffalo Bar
The Strongarm Sport Buffalo Bar mixes some of the features of some very popular buffalo bar options, including the Duffalo bar from Kabuki Strength and the Yukon Bar from Titan Fitness.
This is one of the most affordable buffalo-style bars on the market.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- The Bend – The standout feature of a buffalo-style barbell is the bend. The Strongarm Sport Buffalo bar offers a 3″ bend, which is slightly less than the ~4″ bend on the Kabuki Duffalo bar.
- Bare Steel Shaft – The current version of this bar includes a bare steel shaft, which will provide an excellent feel, but which will also be susceptible to oxidation. There will be a black zinc and a bright zinc version of this bar in the future.
- Knurling – This bar has what is considered to be an aggressive knurling, although some users have mentioned it doesn’t have quite the bite they were expecting. This bar does include a wide center knurl.
- Long, Olympic-Sized Sleeves – This bar has a 17.7″ inch sleeve, which makes it the longest-sleeved buffalo bar on the market, beating out both the Titan Yukon (17.5″) and the Kabuki Duffalo (17.25″). It also has a 50mm olympic-sized diameter, which means you can use any collar. Lastly, the sleeves are finished in chrome, which is a popular and durable sleeve coating.
- Bar Length – This bar offers an overall length of 92″, which right in the middle of some of the other popular buffalo bars (87″-96″).
From the Manufacturer
Our all-new buffalo bar was built from the ground up and made to spec my multi-decade IPF powerlifting vet Mike Armstrong.
So you’ve been in the gym squatting and benching like there is no tomorrow.
Hitting all the PR’s. But all that huge weight you’ve been slangin around is beating up your shoulders.
Enter the Buffalo Bar. This is not just some super bent bar. The Buffalo Bar is strategically designed to alleviate stress from your shoulders while squatting, benching. A huge benefit of a cambered bar is that it is still very similar to a regular movement with a stiff bar, you even grip the bar like a proper squat but with significantly less pressure on your shoulder joints. Unlike a Saftey Squat Bar, the Buffalo Bar can be used for upper body movements too
It’s the perfect bar for off-season training, and one of the best options to push up your volume in-season without doing any damage to your body or doing a completely different movement. Other than the Squat and Good Morning, the Buffalo Bar is great for the bench. With the Buffalo Bars signature bow in the bar, you will be able to add several inches to your range of motion. This will help to strengthen your press of the chest as well as assisting with muscular development.
What They’re Saying at Bells of Steel
The Strongarm Sport Buffalo Bar receives positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.5/5, here are some of the things people have said at bellsofsteel.us.
- “Great company, great customer service, and outstanding product. I absolutely love my new buffalo bar from bells of steel. Quality is excellent and price for this product is great. Couldn’t be happier with my purchase, and I highly recommend the buffalo bar, and any product from bells of steel.”
- “Love the Buffalo Bar. Knurling is great compared to my old NYBB Bow Bar. I do wish that the bar was a little bit larger in diameter though.”
- “Great item, perfect knurling, love the bare steel”
- “I’ve owned a few Buffalo style bars (including a Duffalo) and the BoS bar is by far the best value on the market. It has good knurling, which helps it stay gripped to your J cups (a lot of these bowed bars tend to slide around easily), it is also longer than a lot of the other bars on the market, this helps with the bow as the bar is not too short where the bow is non existent or over pronounced. “
- “Great bar takes the stress off my elbows and shoulders. Had a small problem racking this bar on normal j cups. But i was sent the sandwich j cups from b.o.s wich corrected this issue. Really good customer service and quality equipment!”
- “I’ve suffered shoulder pain from squatting with a flat bar for years. This amazing bar allows me to keep going and train hard without the pain.”
- “My main issue is that the bar already came with some rust developing on it even though it was slathered in oil and during my first use of the bar I got two steel splinters in my fingers. I wish it was 32mm in diameter like other Buffalo bars and I wish it came on different finishes. The knurling is not aggressive like it says in the description. It’s mild at best. Would like a more aggressive knurl. All in all still a good bar for the price.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed this bar.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Strongarm Sport Buffalo Bar: