Strongarm Sport Calibrated Plates (Priced as Set)
- Manufacturer: Strongarm Sport
- Plate Type: Calibrated Steel Plate
- Steel Type: Cast Iron
- Weight System: KG/Kilograms
- Weight Increments: 1.25KG-50KG
- Weight Tolerance: +/- 10 Grams
- Diameter: Varies (160mm-450mm)
- Hole Size: 50.4mm
- Color: Color
- Made in: Import
- Warranty: N/A
Read below to get a detailed look at the Strongarm Sport Calibrated Plates including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Strongarm Sport Calibrated Plates
Strongarm Sport Calibrated Plates are high-quality powerlifting plates that are durable, thin, and very accurate. I personally own these plates, and I've been very happy with them. If you're a powerlifter, especially a competitive one, calibrated plates are an ideal choice for their accuracy, profile, and competition specificity.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- Accuracy – Each plate is equipped with precise calibration plugs on the back to bring the tolerance to +/- 10 grams. These are some of the most accurate plates on the market.
- Weight Offerings – Strongarm Sport Calibrated Plates are sold as a set. You pick however many pairs of 25KG plates you want and then you get a pair each of 20, 15, 10, 5, 2.5, 1.25KG plates. Shipping is included in the price.
- Width – These plates, like other calibrated plates, have a very thin profile, which allows you to load a lot of weight onto the bar – over 700KG. Plate widths as follows:
- 1.25KG- 12mm (0.47″)
- 2.5KG – 16mm (0.63″)
- 5KG – 21.5mm (0.85″)
- 10KG – 21mm (0.83″)
- 15KG – 21mm (0.83″)
- 20KG – 22.5mm (0.89″)
- 25KG – 27mm (1.06″)
- Diameter – Unlike bumper plates, iron plates do not offer consistent plate diameters except for 20KG-25KG variants. On calibrated plates, most users are at least going to have two 20KG plates on the bar, so it's not of major concern, but just know that you won't be pulling from standard height unless you have one of the two variants loaded.
- 1.25KG- 160mm
- 2.5KG – 190mm
- 5KG – 228mm
- 10KG – 325mm
- 15KG – 400mm
- 20KG – 450mm
- 25KG – 450mm
- Hole Size – The hole size measures 50.4mm, which is standard for calibrated plates and which creates a very snug fit. It's important to have a quality-spec'd barbell when using calibrated plates. Otherwise, the plates will be difficult or not even possible to slide onto the bar.
- Flanges – These plates do include flanges around the outer front edge. This makes them great for grip strength, but not-so-great at picking up and handling. When these plates are lying flat on the floor, they're very difficult to grab.
- Powder Coated Finish – Strongarm Sport Calibrated Plates are like most other calibrated plates in that they're powder coated in vibrant IPF colors. You will experience scratches and chips to the finish, although it's purely cosmetic.
- Durability – These are cast iron plates and overall durability is very good. As with any plate, durability will come down to frequency of use and how they're used. These plates should last years and withstand a lot of abuse.
What They're Saying at bellsofsteel.us & Strongarmsport.com
Strongarm Sport Calibrated Plates receive very positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 5/5, here are some of the things people have said:
- “I waited to do this review after having these plates for a while. I traded out my full lb plate set for 472.5kg worth of these plates! (Full set with 8 25s). I have had these plates for almost a year and they are awesome!!! Best calibrated plates you can get for the price. After a year there is a bit of paint chipping but that is totally normal for calibrated plates, besides that they have taken a beating and look awesome in my gym! Looking to grab another set of 25s soon! Especially when training to compete having the same equipment you will be using is a huge edge in my opinion.”
- “I’ve trained on many different power bars with many different IPF approved calibrated plates, I have to say that the combination of the StrongArm power bar with the StrongArm plates is the best so far. The plates fit my StrongArm bar better than elieko plates fit an elieko bar. Super happy with this purchase. I’ll be buying a full set in the future.”
- “Plates are top notch and exactly like what you find from Rogue minus the IPF certification. Highly recommend to anyone. You won't be the price for what you are getting.”
- “Love my set of calibrated plates , probably the best investment you will ever make!”
- “I received my plates in two shipments. The first shipment was fine. However, a few of plates were dinged up that came shipped via UPS. Overall these little chips don't effect the function of the plates. That was the only negative associated with the product.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has reviewed these plates. You can read the full review or view the synopsis below.
The below plates were picked as alternatives to the Strongarm Sport Calibrated Plates.