The Strength Co. Standard Bar
- Manufacturer: The Strength Co.
- Purpose: Multipurpose
- Bar Weight: 45lb
- Gender: Men
- Tensile Strength: 190,000
- Yield Strength: N/A
- Knurl Type: Medium
- Center Knurl: Yes
- Knurl Marks: Dual
- Shaft Finish: Bright Zinc
- Shaft Diameter: 28.5mm
- Sleeve Finish: Bright Zinc
- Sleeve Type: Grooved
- Rotation System: Bronze Bushings
- Made In: USA
- Warranty: N/A
Read below to get a closer look at the Strength Co. Standard Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
The Strength Co. Standard Bar
The Strength Co. Standard bar is a USA-made multi-purpose bar with positive feedback from users and solid specs, including a center knurl and more.
I own this bar in my collection.
Read more below.
Features & Highlights
- Bright Zinc Finish – Bright Zinc is a cost-efficient plating that does an OK job at fighting off rust. You won’t get the same feel as you would with a non-plated finish like bare steel, stainless steel, etc… but you get a good blend of feel and rust resistance without the larger price tag.
- 28.5mm Shaft – The 28.5mm shaft on the Strength Co. Standard Bar is comfortable in the hands and provides a nice balance between rigid and whippy, making it ideal for a variety of lifts.
- Dual Knurl Rings – This bar offers dual knurl rings, which is standard for a multi-purpose bar. This allows you to perform both Olympic Weightlifting movements as well as powerlifting movements.
- Grooved Sleeves – The grooved sleeves will tend to keep the plates on the bar better than a smooth sleeve when not using collars, but they will also be louder.
- Center Knurl – The Strength Co. Standard Bar does offer a center knurl, which is great if you're looking for additional texture while squatting.
- Made in America – This bar is made in Minnesota, USA.
From the Manufacturer
Our barbell are hand assembled in MN and inspected at least 6 times during production and packaging.
Our olympic barbell has a 28.5mm diameter that is a great general use bar for any gym.
Each bar is cleaned after zinc plating and we apply a very light film of a lubricant to make sure the product looks new when received.
The bright zinc coating helps protect your bar from the elements and greatly reduces maintenance required to keep the bar in good condition.
Bars are shipped in a heavy walled tube with metal end caps to protect them during transit.
What They're Saying at Thestrength.co
The Strength Co. Standard Bar receives positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.7/5 at thestrength.co, here are some of the things they have said:
- “The bar is excellent and weighted well; the knurls are great as well. I am very happy with the quality of the product and the stainless finish too. Excellent customer service as well. Overall, superior bar and a great investment as well.”
- “Purchased this barbell approximately two (2) months ago and have loved it. The grip is the perfect balance of providing a strong grip and not tearing up your hands. The barbell diameter perfectly fits The Strength Co. plates and has no give or wiggle at all. Overall, I am greatly pleased with this Made in USA barbell and would recommend to all levels of barbell lifters. I have a home gym in my outdoor garage and have seen no sign of any deterioration of the barbell from the elements.”
- “This is a good bar. The knurling is effective but not medieval. It feels good on the back and in the hands. A little chalk in the hands and this thing feels like it is glued to your fingers. I'm using it for all the basic barbell lifts and so far haven't found one where the bar is the problem (the problem is usually the lifter).”
- “Can't have a home gym without a quality bar, so I was obviously pleased when I found out The Strength Co. had a bar in the works after I ordered all my plates. Knurling is as good as it gets. Stays put on your back while squatting, and doesn't strip the skin off your hands when deadlifting (attention Ohio Power Bar fanatics – what did your parents do to you?). Not to mention each bar has a zinc coating that prevents rust, and thus keeps your bar looking as good as the day you got it.”
- “I love the weight, balance, and knurling on the bar. The bar was available immediately and made in the USA!”
- “The Bar is high quality. I am very pleased with my purchase.”
- The only critical review dealt with the shipping container not being capped, however, this has been resolved. All bars are shipped with capped ends.
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab owns this bar and is currently in the process of reviewing it. Stay tuned for more.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Strength Co. Standard Bar: