Vulcan Elite V4.0 Bushing Bar
- Manufacturer: Vulcan Strength
- Purpose: Olympic Weightlifting
- Bar Weight: 20kg
- Gender: Men
- Tensile Strength: 221,000
- Yield Strength: N/A
- Knurl Type: Medium
- Center Knurl: Yes – Passive
- Knurl Marks: Olympic
- Shaft Finish: Hard Chrome
- Shaft Diameter: 28mm
- Sleeve Finish: Hard Chrome
- Sleeve Type: Grooved
- Rotation System: Bronze Bushing
- Made In: Import
- Warranty: Lifetime
Read below to get a detailed look at the Vulcan Elite v4.0 Bushing Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Vulcan Elite v4.0 Bushing Bar
The Vulcan Elite v4.0 Bushing Bar is a quality Olympic Weightlifting/Training bar with bushings, a high tensile strength, and a lifetime warranty.
Read more below.
Features & Highlights
- Hard Chrome – Chrome is a cost-efficient plating that does a good-but-not-great job at fighting off oxidation. You won’t get the same feel as you would with a non-plated finish like bare steel, stainless steel, etc… but you get a nice blend of feel and rust resistance without the larger price tag.
- 28mm Shaft – The 28mm shaft on the Vulcan Elite v4.0 Bushing Bar is consistent with Olympic Weightlifting bars. This diameter will offer a comfortable grip and a whippy shaft ideal for Oly lifts.
- Tensile Strength – The 221k PSI tensile strength on this bar puts it near the top of the list for high-end Olympic Weightlifting bars.
- Grooved Sleeves – The grooved sleeves will tend to keep the plates on the bar better than a smooth sleeve when not using collars, but they will also be louder. The sleeves on this bar are also hard chrome
- Bushings – This version of the bar offers bushings instead of bearings. While you won’t get the same level of spin, you will still get a bar that spins steadily.
- Center Knurl – The Vulcan Elite v4.0 Bushing Bar does offer a center knurl, which will provide that extra grip that some prefer. The center knurl is less aggressive than the outer knurl.
- Strong Warranty – This bar offers a lifetime warranty against bending, breaking, or seizing.
What They’re Saying at Vulcan Strength
The Vulcan Elite v4.0 Bushing Bar receives very positive feedback from users. With a 4.8/5 average rating at vulcanstrength.com, here are some of the things people have said:
- “Bushing bar broke in in the expected amount of time and spins incredibly well. No issues with bar with regards to weather, as in NJ with the humid summer and cold winter. Perfect for uninsulated garage. Bar has slightly more whip than expected seeing as it is Chrome Moly steel.”
- “Maybe vulcan can address my rust issues and why on the first week it was already rusting. I use this for strictly oly lifts and there is little to no sweat involved.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
The Vulcan V4 Bushing Bar was a winner in the Garage Gym Lab 2022 Best Barbell Awards.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Vulcan Elite v4.0 Bushing Bar.