Rep Fitness just released their PR-5000 power racks in colors, which now include five different finish options: matte black, metallic black, hammertone red, metallic silver, and hammertone blue.
If you noticed prior, Rep also released the same five colors as finishes on some of their bench frames, including the FB-5000 and AB-5000 that I reviewed here and here. This is very cool considering most off-the-rack (no pun intended) benches are simply black. Colored bench frames are typically found from manufacturers of commercial-grade equipment.
Their PR-5000 rack can either be purchased as a 4-post rack or a 6-post rack with a storage area. As such, it will closely compete with the likes of the Rogue Monster series, etc… which are quite a bit more expensive.
Here's a closer look at the specs (6-post rack):
- 92″(upright height – 93″ to top of pull-up bar) x 48″(width) x 36″(depth w/o weight storage, 56″ with), foot plates add 1.5″ on each side
- 30″ depth inside to inside, 42″ wide inside to inside
- 5/8″ hardware, with 1″ diameter holes throughout the bench/squat area
- 4 uprights with 3×3″ 11 gauge steel, laser cut and robot welded on 80+% for maximum precision
- 8 weight horns, zinc-plated with welded endcaps.
- 2″ hole spacing throughout working area
- Laser cut odd-numbered holes(1,3,5,7, etc…)
- Dual pull-up bars – 1.25″ standard or 2″ for extra grip training.
- 1,500 lb capacity
- Pin/Pipe safeties standard – flip-down and straps available as upgrades
- UHMW lined J-cups to protect barbell knurl, Sandwich style J-cups available as an add-on
The base level prices for the 4-post and 6-post racks are $799 and $1,198, respectively. Once you pick your colors, the price will go up to $1,218.
From there you can elect to upgrade portions of the rack. For instance, you can select flip-down safeties or safety straps in lieu of the standard pin & pipes. I recommend this personally. You can also add a lat/row attachment, barbell storage, etc… to really deck it out.
Here is a list of the options:
- $139 (or $39 upcharge) – Flip-down safeties with UHMW liner to protect upright paint
- $149 (or $49 upcharge) – Strap Safeties with UHMW liner to protect upright paint
- $49 – Landmine attachment
- $99 – Dip attachment with UHMW liner to protect upright paint
- $29 – Barbell tube stand storage attachment
- $49 – Dual barbell hanger attachment
- $25/pair – Additional band pegs for band/chains storage
- $99/pair – Additional sandwich J-cups
For those who have followed me for a while, you probably know that I'm a big fan of Rep Fitness. I think they're making really nice equipment at excellent prices. The PR-5000 rack is going to be a strong contender for this style of rack, in my opinion. I don't think it blows away the spec sheet when compared to the Rogue Monster Series, but at the price point (~$1,000 cheaper), it's going to snag a lot of attention… and rightfully so.
I gotta say too, the matching bench/rack combo is going to be really slick.
If you want to read more about power racks or powerlifting equipment in general, check out my ultimate guide to building a powerlifting home gym.
If you have any questions about this rack in general, please leave a comment below. Likewise, if you own the Rep Fitness PR-5000 rack and you want to chime in with your own thoughts, please do so!
The bar is loaded,