American Barbell California Bar – Women
- Manufacturer: American Barbell
- Purpose: Multi-Purpose
- Bar Weight: 15kg
- Gender: Women
- Tensile Strength: 190,000
- Yield Strength: N/A
- Knurl Type: Medium
- Center Knurl: No
- Knurl Marks: Dual / Multi-Purpose
- Shaft Finish: Cerakote
- Shaft Diameter: 25mm
- Sleeve Finish: Hard Chrome
- Sleeve Type: Smooth
- Rotation System: Bushing
- Made In: USA
- Warranty: Lifetime
Read below to get a detailed look at the Women’s California bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
American Barbell California Bar – Women
The Women’s American Barbell California Bar is well-suited for those looking for a barbell that can be used in a variety of ways. Whether you’re looking to perform Olympic lifts, power lifts, CrossFit, or others, the California Bar is a nice option, at a good price, backed by a strong reputation and warranty.
I personally own the 28mm version of this bar – it’s one of, if not my favorite multi-purpose barbells that I’ve used.
Here are some further details about the bar:
Features & Highlights
- Cerakote Finish – Cerakote is a high-quality finish option that has been made popular on barbells due to its outstanding resistance to rust and corrosion. Originally created to be used on firearms, Cerakote has been shown to withstand abuse and harsh environments. If you train in a humid environment like a garage gym, Cerakote is a great option. The potential downside to Cerakote is that it’s applied on top of the shaft, which has a tendency to remove some of the raw feel of a bare steel, stainless steel, etc.. shaft.
- Multiple color options – In the 15kg variant, the bar is currently offered in four colors: sky blue, pink, yellow, and elite black.
- 25mm Shaft – This bar offers a 25mm shaft, which is consistent with female bars.
- Smooth Sleeves – The smooth sleeves will generally create less noise when loading/unloading plates compared to a grooved sleeve.
- American Made – This bar is 100% made in America.
- Strong Warranty – The California Bar comes with a limited lifetime warranty from American Barbell.
What They’re Saying at Americanbarbell.com
The American Barbell California Bar receives very positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.8 here are some of the things people have said at americanbarbell.com.
- “The trainers love this bar! The clients love this bar! It is easier for both men and women to grip and the color makes for a slick and stylish look.”
- “The sleeve welds are perfect, and one of my favorite qualities about this bar is how quiet it is when dropped from overhead compared to other bars.”
- “Great for Crossfit. I have been doing cleans, snatches, front squats, etc with it. Sleeves have great spin.”
- “The knurling is really good. It gives you plenty of grip without tearing up your hands. I would recommend the bar.”
- “This bar is probably the nicest bar that I have ever used! I really enjoy it. The bushings spin nicely right out of packaging. I really love the cerakote finish, and found that it has a very natural feeling grip even without chalk.”
- “The only thing I wish they had was more colors available for their BB but I know over time they will.”
- “My only gripe, if I have to have one, is that the knurl marks are very hard to find since the knurl is so mild combined with the cerakote finish.”
- “Good. Not quite as aggressive knurling as I would’ve liked; however, it’s solid and seems well built.”
- “Bar is awesome, just a little upset that the cerakote was really sloppy, pretty scratched up on the sleeves, and it looked like somebody had black paint on their hands then handled my bar. I know American barbell is known for quality, but I guess this one slipped by. Still love American barbell and will purchase more items.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
I have not reviewed the women’s version of this bar, however, I have reviewed the male version.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the American Barbell Women’s California Bar.