Rep Excalibur Bar – Women
- Manufacturer: REP Fitness
- Purpose: Multi-purpose
- Bar Weight: 15kg
- Gender: Women
- Tensile Strength: 215,000
- Yield Strength: 205,000
- Knurl Type: Medium
- Center Knurl: No
- Knurl Marks: Dual Rings/Multi-purpose
- Shaft Finish: Hard Chrome
- Shaft Diameter: 25mm
- Sleeve Finish: Hard Chrome
- Sleeve Type: Grooved
- Rotation System: Bushing
- Made In: China
- Warranty: 5 Years
Read below to get a detailed look at the REP Women's Excalibur Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
REP Women's Excalibur Bar
The REP Women's Excalibur bar is a nicely-spec'd multi-purpose barbell at a fair price.
This bar offers a hard chrome finish, a relatively high tensile strength, a reported yield strength, dual knurl marks, and a few other notable features.
Read below for further details.
Features & Highlights
- Hard Chrome – Chrome is a cost-efficient plating that does a good-but-not-great job at fighting off oxidation. You won’t get the same feel as you would with a non-plated finish like bare steel, stainless steel, etc… but you get a nice blend of feel and rust resistance without the larger price tag.
- Medium Knurl – This bar offers a medium-textured knurl that isn't aggressive, nor is it passive. Some users have reported it being slightly more aggressive than comparably-spec'd multi-purpose bars.
- 25mm Shaft – The 25mm shaft on the REP Women's Excalibur Bar is consistent with a female bar. This is will be comfortable in the hand and it will provide a nice amount of whip.
- Dual Knurl Marks – This is a multi-purpose bar with both IWF and IPF spec'd knurl rings, giving you the option to perform both power lifts and Oly lifts.
- Tensile & Yield Strength – The 215k PSI tensile strength on this bar on the higher end of the multi-purpose bar spectrum, in this price range especially. REP also reports a 205k yield strength.
- Grooved Sleeves – The grooved sleeves will tend to keep the plates on the bar better than a smooth sleeve when not using collars, but they will also be louder. The sleeves on this bar are also finished hard chrome.
- Bushings – The bar uses bronze bushings to spin, which is common in this type of application.
- No Center Knurl – The REP Women's Excalibur Bar does not offer a center knurl, which is consistent with female bars.
What They're Saying at REP Fitness
The REP Women's Excalibur Bar has not yet received any feedback, although the male version receives positive feedback.
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not reviewed this bar.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the REP Women's Excalibur Bar.