Bells of Steel Olympic Weightlifting Bar 2.0 – Women
- Manufacturer: Bells of Steel
- Purpose: Multipurpose
- Bar Weight: 15kg
- Gender: Women
- Tensile Strength: 240,000
- Yield Strength: N/A
- Knurl Type: Medium
- Center Knurl: No
- Knurl Marks: Dual
- Shaft Finish: Hard Chrome
- Shaft Diameter: 25mm
- Sleeve Finish: Hard Chrome
- Sleeve Type: Grooved
- Rotation System: 4 Needle Bearings and 1 Stainless Steel Bushing in each sleeve
- Made In: Import
- Warranty: Limited Lifetime
Read below to get a closer look at the Bells of Steel Women’s Olympic Weightlifting Bar 2.0 including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Bells of Steel Women’s Olympic Weightlifting Bar 2.0
The bells of Steel Women’s Olympic Weightlifting Bar 2.0 is a no-frills 25mm Oly bar with a solid reputation.
Read more below.
Features & Highlights
- Hard Chrome – Chrome is a cost-efficient plating that does a good-but-not-great job at fighting off oxidation. You won’t get the same feel as you would with a non-plated finish like bare steel, stainless steel, etc… but you get a nice blend of feel and rust resistance without the larger price tag.
- 25mm Shaft – The 25mm shaft on this bar is consistent with female bars.
- No Center Knurl – The Bells of Steel Women’s Olympic Weightlifting Bar 2.0 does not offer a center knurl, which is useful on high rep training sessions and/or in cases where a lifter wants a more comfortable bar.
- Tensile Strength – This bar offers a very high 240,000 PSI tensile strength, which is one of the highest in the industry.
- Grooved Sleeves – The sleeves on this bar have fine grooves that help keep the plates on the bar better when you’re not using collars. The downside is that grooved sleeves make an audible zip noise when loading/unloading plates.
From the Manufacturer
The women’s barbell is slightly thinner, lighter, and shorter than the men’s bar as to meet IWF standards. With the perfect amount of spin, and durable construction this bar is built to last. CrossFit boxes, weightlifting clubs, home gyms and even military bases have been stocked with the B.o.S.women’s barbell.
We upgraded the quality of the steel and the 2.0 bars have a whopping 240kpsi. Going with a better quality steel also decreased the weight tolerance to 1% (how close the bar is to it’s claimed weight of 20kg), as well as the bar straightness accuracy to +-.25mm (no bar is perfectly straight).
With 4 needle bearings and one stainless steel bushing per sleeve this bar has the ultimate spin. We machined grooves into the sleeves, this helps to prevent plates from slipping off and makes the collars fit tighter.
What They’re Saying at Bellsofsteel.us
The Bells of Steel Women’s Olympic Weightlifting Bar 2.0 receives positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.8/5 at bellsofsteel.us, here are some of the things they have said:
- “Great bar! Collar spin is smooth and just overall very nice looking bar. Shipping was fast and arrived in good condition. My wife is very happy with her new barbell!”
- “We like this bar even better than our other bar from a well known American crossfit/lifting company. Really satisfied. Great detail and craftsmanship.”
- “I purchased this item for my wife; she has started training more seriously with a barbell and require the smaller bar. Shipping was fast, I think it was 3 days. Knurling, finish and bearings are excellent. She set a PR on all of her lifts shortly afterwards. I sold an again faster bar to purchase this one and this bar is far superior to that one. For the price there is no better barbell on the market, I have tried most of them including Eleiko, and Rogue, for a home gym this is the best.”
- “I don’t normally leave reviews but have been so impressed with this bars performance that I owe at least that. I purchased this bar last fall for my home gym. I have belonged to a crossfit affiliate for 6 years now and still drop in on occasion. I honestly wish that I had brought my own bar when it comes to any oly lifting. The grip is perfect. The spin is smooth and the price is incredible for the quality of this bar. Honestly, don’t second guess ordering this product.”
- “Unfortunately, the bar was not perfect; at least the one I received wasn’t. One sleeve spins noticeably better than the other, the one loud/sloppy sleeve allows some rotation to transfer to the bar–your wrist; not ideal. Also one sleeve’s machining left a 1~2mm chamfer where the 2″ round portion meets the sleeve’s inner flange that plates sit against when pushed on. Because of this, plates don’t sit flush up against the inner part of the sleeve and wobble/rattle.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not reviewed this bar.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Bells of Steel Women’s Olympic Weightlifting Bar 2.0