Fringe Sport Wonder Bar – Bearing – Women
- Manufacturer: Fringe Sport
- Purpose: Multi-purpose
- Bar Weight: 15kg
- Gender: Women
- Tensile Strength: 199,000
- Yield Strength: 160,000
- Knurl Type: Medium
- Center Knurl: No
- Knurl Marks: Dual
- Shaft Finish: Black Zinc
- Shaft Diameter: 25mm
- Sleeve Finish: Black Zinc
- Sleeve Type: Grooved
- Rotation System: Bearing
- Made In: China
- Warranty: Lifetime
Read below to get a detailed look at the Fringe Sport Women’s Bearing Wonder Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Fringe Sport Women’s Wonder Bar – Bearing
The Fringe Sport Women’s Bearing Wonder Bar is a basic multi-purpose bar that comes in two different versions. This particular version offers a bearing rotation system, which is particularly great for Olympic lifting.
In general, this is one of the most popular female bars due to its price point, lifetime warranty, and impressive spec profile, headlined by a 199,000 PSI tensile strength.
Here are some further details about the bar:
Features & Highlights
- Black Zinc – Black Zinc is a cost efficient plating that does an OK job at fighting off rust. You won’t get the same feel as you would with a non-plated finish like bare steel, stainless steel, etc… but you get a good blend of feel and rust resistance without the larger price tag.
- Grooved Sleeves – The grooved sleeves will tend to keep the plates on the bar better than a smooth sleeve when not using collars, but they will also be louder.
- 25mm Shaft – The 25mm shaft on this bar is consistent with other female barbells.
- Bearing System – Four needle bearings per sleeve work to spin the bar quickly and smoothly. This is great for Olympic Weightlifting, CrossFit, etc… although it may require some additional maintenance (oil) over time.
- No Center Knurl – The Fringe Sport Women’s Bearing Wonder Bar does not offer a center knurl, which is useful on high rep training sessions and/or in cases where a lifter wants a more comfortable bar.
From the Manufacturer
The Wonder Bar reigns as the nucleus of the barbell universe here at Fringe. We set out on a noble quest to design and build the best bar suited for commercial gyms, and make it available to you at a home gym price. We completed our hero’s journey and now offering our reward to you delights us. This versatile bar will serve almost everyone well. You can set world records on this bar, and use it for most training. If you’re a seasoned athlete or an affiliate owner, consider stepping up to the Bomba Bar V2 (made in America) or even our Fringe Sport Weightlifting Barbell. Here are a couple of Wonder Bar features to be aware of:
- The 25mm shaft diameter is great for Olympic movements.
- The needle bearing cartridges provide great spin but may require oiling in time.
We have an informal state motto here in Texas- “come and take it.” Not only do we want you to do this with the Wonder Bar V2, but we’d like to put our own spin on it. Fringe it, or forget it.
What They’re Saying at FringeSport.com
The Fringe Sport Women’s Bearing Wonder Bar receives very positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.9/5 at fringesport.com, here are some of the things they have said:
- “Have tried a dozen bars and this is my favorite so far. Fast whip. Great diameter. Top notch customer service.”
- “My wife loves her new W2 barbell. Knurling is good, bearings are smooth AF. They oil the bar when they ship them out. Shaft needs a wipe down before using it, nothing a little dish soap and water can’t handle. We are definitely a Fringe Family.”
- “Worked out in over 12 gyms in the past 16 years and have used all the major barbell brands but the black finish on this bar and the needle bearings are the best I’ve seen/used. I bought this 15kg bar for my wife and will be buying the 20kg for myself. Wish I would of bought this bar first and not wasted the money on the other company’s 20kg bar. Also the knurling is not aggressive but still feels comfortable and provides enough grip without tearing up the hands.”
- “Six months ago, we outfitted our WL club with the wonder bar in both 15kg and 20kg, and we are so happy we did! The bearings on the bar spin better now than they did when they were new and the knurl is aggressive but not overbearing—which is great. We have lifters from early 20s to 55+ and the opinion is the same no matter which lady you ask—these ”
- “This is everything a great or novice lifter needs. Fits the budget, great spin, looks awesome and fantastic shipping. We have both the bushing and bearing, both great but slight edge to bearing. Can’t go wrong with Fringe.”
- “My only disappointment was the bar black coating started to peel before i even used it. Outside of that I love the bar!”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not reviewed this bar.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Fringe Sport Women’s Bearing Wonder Bar.