Bridge Built Workhorse Bar
- Manufacturer: Bridge Built
- Purpose: Multipurpose
- Bar Weight: 20kg
- Gender: Men
- Tensile Strength: 190,000
- Yield Strength: N/A
- Knurl Type: Medium
- Center Knurl: No
- Knurl Marks: Dual
- Shaft Finish: Cerakote
- Shaft Diameter: 28.5mm
- Sleeve Finish: Yellow Zinc
- Sleeve Type: Grooved
- Rotation System: Bushings
- Made In: USA
- Warranty: Lifetime
Read below to get a closer look at the Bridge Built Workhorse Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Bridge Built Workhorse Bar
The Bridge Built Workhorse Bar is a USA-made multi-purpose bar with a Cerakote shaft and a unique yellow zinc sleeve.
Read more below.
Features & Highlights
- Cerakote Finish – Cerakote is a high-quality finish option that has been made popular on barbells due to its outstanding resistance to rust and corrosion. Originally created to be used on firearms, Cerakote has been shown to withstand abuse and harsh environments. If you train in a humid environment like a garage gym, Cerakote is a great option. The potential downside to Cerakote is that it’s applied on top of the shaft, which has a tendency to remove some of the raw feel of a bare steel, stainless steel, etc.. shaft.
- 28.5mm Shaft – The 28.5mm shaft on the Bridge Built Workhorse Bar is comfortable in the hands and provides a nice balance between rigid and whippy, making it ideal for a variety of lifts.
- Dual Knurl Rings – This bar offers dual knurl rings, which is standard for a multi-purpose bar. This allows you to perform both Olympic Weightlifting movements as well as powerlifting movements.
- Grooved, Yellow Zinc Sleeves – This bar offers grooved sleeves, which tend to keep plates on the bar better when you're not using a collar. The tradeoff is that they will produce a louder noise when loading and unloading plates. Another unique quality of this bar is the yellow zinc that gives off a gold look. Over time, as plates slide on and off, you can expect the finish to dull somewhat and show some imperfections.
- No Center Knurl – The Workhorse Bar does not offer a center knurl, which creates a more comfortable bar in the front rack position and on high bar back squats.
- Strong Warranty – This bar comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Made in America – This bar is made in Minnesota, USA.
From the Manufacturer
We named this bar the Workhorse for a reason. Whether you're olympic weightlifting, powerlifting, doing CrossFit, or a combination of them all, this barbell will show up every single time ready to work. Designed to be the last multi-purpose bar you'll ever need, the Workhorse bar is BUILT with a 28.5mm shaft and double bronze bushings so you'll get the whip and smooth spin you need along with the durability to withstand thousands of heavy-weight impacts. And backed for life against bending or breaking, you'll never have to worry about outworking the Workhorse.
What They're Saying at Bridgebuilt.com
The Bridge Built Workhorse Bar has received very positive, but limited feedback from users. With an average rating of 5/5 at bridgebuilt.com, here are some of the things they have said:
- “I have only used it a few times as the bar just arrived last week, but I am already loving the unique look and versatility of this bar. The knurling is really comfortable and provides grip when it is needed. Also, the customer service that Bridge Built has provided to me so far has been fast and extremely professional. I am looking forward to using this bar in my garage gym for years to come!”
- None Noted
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed this bar.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Bridge Built Workhorse Bar: