Rogue MG-24 Multi-Grip Bar
- Manufacturer: Rogue Fitness
- Purpose: Angled Football Bar
- Bar Weight: 45 lbs
- Grip Widths: 4 Widths (6″, 14″, 22″, 30″)
- Total Grip Options: 8
- Shaft Finish: Powder Coat
- Sleeve Finish: Powder Coat
- Olympic-Sized Sleeves: No
- Rackable: Yes
- Made In: USA
- Warranty: Limited Lifetime
Read below to get a detailed look at the Rogue MG-24 including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
The Rogue MG-24 Multi Grip Bar is an angled swiss bar with four grip widths and eight total grip options for versatility.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- 4 Grip Widths/8 Total Grip Options – The Rogue MG-24 offers four angled grip widths spaced at 6″, 14″, 22″, and 30″. By flipping the bar over, you can access the opposite angle, giving you eight total grip options.
- No Knurling Handles – Unlike the Rogue MG-1, the handles on the MG-24 do not offer knurling. This is, however, fairly common in the overall swiss bar market.
- Rackable – This bar is rackable and it will fit well within a 49″ width rack (Rogue, etc…). If you have a 47″ rack like the Rep PR-5000, then fit will be very tight.
- Sleeve Length – On the MG-24, you get a sleeve length of 14″, which is in the wheelhouse for this style of bar, and slightly longer than the MG-23.
- Powder Coat Finish – Powder Coat is a very common finish on specialty bars. It does a good job at limiting oxidation, but it does tend to show scuffs easily, especially on the sleeves and rack contact points.
- Non-Olympic Sized Sleeve – The sleeves on The Rogue MG-24 Multi-Grip Bar are not Olympic-sized, which means you will need specialty collars. My personal recommendation is Proloc since they can be used on any bar. They would very well and they’re well-priced.
- Made in the USA – This bar is made in the USA, using USA & CAN steel.
From the Manufacturer
Rogue’s fully welded MG-2 Multi-Grip Bars go beyond the typical Swiss bar or football barbell, offering a uniquely angled, two-way neutral grip design and compatibility with most standard power racks and Olympic plates. Whether you’re looking to reduce stress on the wrists and shoulders during press movements or to target your triceps for better lockouts, these bars enable an athlete to experiment with different approaches and develop more dynamic lifting programs.
The rectangular MG-24 Bar is roughly the same total length as the MG-23, but includes two additional handles (all at the same angle), with spacing options at 6”, 14”, 22”, and 30”. Like the MG-23, it can be rotated for elbows-in, triceps-focused training.
What They’re Saying at Rogue Fitness
The Rogue MG-24 receives very good feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.7/5, here are some of the things people have said at roguefitness.com.
- “I bought this a month ago and I’m completely in love with it. Using this for my compound bench lift. My shoulders don’t hurt anymore and I’m able to lift a lot heavier.
Also using it for bent over rows, with a incline bench (that way my legs aren’t in the way). It is built like a beast!!!! I have several pieces of Rogue equipment in my gym and love all of it! Thanks Rogue, for making great equipment and helping me stay in shape through these crazy covid times. Fan for life!”
- “I’ve got years of multiple shoulder injuries and surgeries. At this point in life, anything remotely resembling external rotation is asking for trouble. I bought this bar primarily to allow for bench press and it has been huge. After four months of rehab, I’ve been easing back into benching with this bar and I’ve had zero issues with my should. Before now, I was concerned that I would never bench again. The bonus here is that this thing is great for a lot of other things, rows, curls, close grip, skull crushers, etc. Super versatile piece of equipment.”
- “I wanted a superior quality American MADE product and this bar was it. The capabilities of this bar are far superior to an ordinary barbell or cheap multi grip at the gym. This is a durable and stout bar. I am Very glad I purchased it.”
- “I purchased the MG -24 two years ago because of a shoulder injury. I figured the multi grip positions would be easier on my 61 year old shoulder joints. The bar worked great during my recovery so much that I use it almost exclusively for close grip presses. They also work great for hammer curls.”
- “I bought this bar about a month ago and it performs awesomely, I would recommend this to everyone. I love it.”
- “I wish there was knurling on the grips, so really 4.9 stars; but it’s not a dealbreaker, since I am primarily using this for bench pressing.”
- “The only reason I didnt rate this bar a 5 star product is because its simply built too wide for my rack. It fits in between the uprights but I have less than half an inch of space and sometimes when I go to rack the bar I hit into the uprights. The problem could be completely solved if Rogue applied the same taper to the MG-24 as they did with the MG-23.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed this bar.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Rogue MG-24 Multi-Grip Bar: