Fringe Sport Black Training Competition Plates – LB
- Manufacturer: Fringe Sport
- Plate Type: Rubber Training Bumper Plate
- Insert Type: Zinc Steel Disc
- Weight System: LB/Pounds
- Weight Increments: 25LB-55LB
- Durometer Rating/Bounce: 90/Low Bounce
- Weight Tolerance: +/- 1%
- Diameter: 450mm
- Hole Size: 50.4mm
- Color: Black w/ Color Stripe/Lettering
- Made in: Import
- Warranty: 5 Years
Read below to get a detailed look at the Fringe Sport Black Training Competition Plates (LB) including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Fringe Sport Black Training Competition LB Plates
Fringe Sport Black Training Competition LB Plates are built nearly identically to the slightly more expensive Color Competition LB Plates, with aesthetics and weight tolerance being the only differences. These are very high-quality, very accurate, and very nice-looking plates. I own these plates personally and they have treated me very well.
These plates are ideal for any lifting style… Olympic weightlifting, powerlifting, general-purpose, CrossFit, etc…
This is the LB variant – you can find the KG Black Training Plates here.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- Dead Bounce – These plates have a durometer rating of 90, which is going to create a very minimal bounce. There are plates with higher durometer ratings, like the Rogue Competition Plates (94) and the REP Competition Plates (92), but a rating of 90 is nothing to snuff at. You can rest assured you won’t be chasing the bar across the gym.
- Zinc-Plated Steel Disc – The LB Black Competition Plates from Fringe use a zinc-plated steel disc, which doesn’t look as nice as chrome, in my opinion, but which functions very well. The hubs have some texture to them, so they don’t create the same reflective qualities as chrome, but they also don’t show fingerprints, etc… The hole opening measures 50.4mm, which is consistent with competition-style plates and which will accommodate Olympic-sized bars nicely. The hubs are secured with five bolts on one side.
- Raised Flanges– The outer edges of the plates are raised to help when picking the plates up from a flat position or otherwise carrying them. There is also a raised flange around the center disc to prevent metal-on-metal contact and to extend the life of the plates.
- Weight Offerings – Fringe Black LB Training Comp Plates can be purchased from 25LB up to 55LB and they’re sold in pairs. They’re also available in sets ranging from 210LB up to 320LB, which is standard for this style of plate. All pairs and sets ship for free.
- Plate Width – One of the biggest benefits of the competition plates is that they are narrower, which allows you to load more weight on the bar compared to more traditional bumpers. Plate widths are as follows:
- 25LB – 1.25″
- 35LB – 1.70″
- 45LB – 2.15″
- 55LB – 2.55″
- Durability – These plates are extremely durable, whether in a commercial setting or in a home gym. They are built to sustain thousands and thousands of drops, and they also come with a strong warranty (more below).
- Weight Tolerance – The Fringe LB Black Training Competition Plates have a very accurate weight tolerance of +/- 1%.
- Aesthetics – These are very sharp-looking plates. The colored bands and colored raised lettering pop nicely against the black background.
- Warranty – Fringe Sport offers a solid warranty on these plates: 1-year full satisfaction guaranteed and 5 years against manufacturer defects.
What They’re Saying at fringesport.com
Fringe Sport Black Training Competition LB Plates receive good feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.6/5, here are some of the things people have said at fringesport.com.
- “These plates have been everything they were advertised to be: dead bounce, thin profile, great looking. So far they really seem like they are worth the extra investment over the standard bumper plates. As we need to replace plates in the future, I think these training plates are the way to go. On the customer service side, Fringe Sport did a fantastic job. The price was the lowest I found, shipping was very fast, and the warranty is always there in case something were to happen in the future. I like that the shipping cost is included in the price (free shipping). Some other retailers advertise a low price only to have shipping costs that make them a worse deal. I understand why they do this, but it is annoying to have to put things in a cart and get halfway through checkout to see that shipping costs make the great deal a poor choice. None of that with Fringe Sport, you get exactly what is advertised, with even the returns being free if there are any issues.”
- “Low bounce. Rubber coating makes them great to hold and do plate workouts with. Slim profile so more plates fit on the bar and take up less storage space. Well put together.”
- “These plates are the best / most economical training plates on the market. Face it, you CAN get some cheaper plates at other places but for just a few bucks more you are getting quality manufacturing from a company that actually cares about their customer. I’ve bought 4 pair of the 45s and plan to buy 25s soon once my wife lets me. Do yourself a favor and go with Fringe.”
- “I purchased 4-45’s, 2-25’s, 2-15’s and 2-10’s and they are fantastic. I love knowing that both sides of the bar are now equal weight (unlike my previous CAP weights, which were way off). If your looking for high quality, and high accuracy at a great price these are your plates.”
- “Really good quality plates! Customer service at Fringe was also excellent and delivery was fast.”
- “Great! High quality and can’t beat for the price.”
- “The bumper plates are awesome, but what drags the overall review down from a 5-star to 3.5-star is that they have a greasy film/feel to them. It makes handling them a bit more difficult and frankly, unpleasant. Hopefully Fringe gets this cleared up in the future as aside from this singular issue, these are high quality bumper plates.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has reviewed these plates. You can read the full review here or you can view the synopsis below.
The below plates were picked as alternatives to the Fringe Sport Black Training Competition LB Plates.