Fringe Sport Black Training Competition Plates – KG
- Manufacturer: Fringe Sport
- Plate Type: Rubber Training Bumper Plate
- Insert Type: Zinc Steel Disc
- Weight System: KG/Kilograms
- Weight Increments: 10KG-25KG
- Durometer Rating/Bounce: 90/Low Bounce
- Weight Tolerance: +/- 1%
- Diameter: 450mm
- Hole Size: 50.4mm
- Color: Black w/ Color Stripe/Lettering
- Made in: Import
- Warranty: 5 Years
Read below to get a detailed look at the Fringe Sport Black Training Competition Plates (KG) including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Fringe Sport Black Training Competition KG Plates
Fringe Sport Black Training Competition KG Plates are built nearly identically to the slightly more expensive Color Competition KG Plates, with aesthetics and weight tolerance being the only differences. These are very high-quality, very accurate, and very nice-looking plates. I own the LB version and I have been very happy with them.
These plates are ideal for any lifting style… Olympic weightlifting, powerlifting, general-purpose, CrossFit, etc…
This is the KG variant – you can find the LB Black Training Plates here.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- Dead Bounce – These plates have a durometer rating of 90, which is going to create a very minimal bounce. There are plates with higher durometer ratings, like the Rogue Competition Plates (94) and the REP Competition Plates (92), but a rating of 90 is nothing to snuff at. You can rest assured you won’t be chasing the bar across the gym.
- Zinc-Plated Steel Disc – The KG Black Competition Plates from Fringe use a zinc-plated steel disc, which doesn’t look as nice as chrome, in my opinion, but which functions very well. The hubs have some texture to them, so they don’t create the same reflective qualities as chrome, but they also don’t show fingerprints, etc… The hole opening measures 50.4mm, which is consistent with competition-style plates and which will accommodate Olympic-sized bars nicely. The hubs are secured with five bolts on one side.
- Raised Flanges– The outer edges of the plates are raised to help when picking the plates up from a flat position or otherwise carrying them. There is also a raised flange around the center disc to prevent metal-on-metal contact and to extend the life of the plates.
- Weight Offerings – Fringe Black KG Training Comp Plates can be purchased from 10KG up to 25KG and they’re sold in pairs. They’re also available in sets ranging from 90KG up to 140KG, which is standard for this style of plate. All pairs and sets ship for free.
- Plate Width – One of the biggest benefits of the competition plates is that they are narrower, which allows you to load more weight on the bar compared to more traditional bumpers. Plate widths are as follows:
- 10KG – 1.25″
- 15KG – 1.70″
- 20KG – 2.15″
- 25KG – 2.55″
- Durability – These plates are extremely durable, whether in a commercial setting or in a home gym. They are built to sustain thousands and thousands of drops, and they also come with a strong warranty (more below).
- Weight Tolerance – The Fringe KG Black Training Competition Plates have a very accurate weight tolerance of +/- 1%.
- Aesthetics – These are very sharp-looking plates. The colored bands and colored raised lettering pop nicely against the black background.
- Warranty – Fringe Sport offers a solid warranty on these plates: 1-year full satisfaction guaranteed and 5 years against manufacturer defects.
What They’re Saying at fringesport.com
Fringe Sport Black Training Competition KG Plates receive good feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.6/5, here are some of the things people have said at fringesport.com.
- “I run a large Barbell Club in Maryland. Heard about these right as they were being released and was lucky to get a set early on to test out. These plates are great! We have a pretty wide assortment of plates in our club, Eleiko, Rogue, some old Pendlays, and the newer Rep Fitness plates. These are a very welcome addition to the line up! The quality is highly similar to the Rep Fitness plates. Dense rubber provides a minimal bounce but enough that the bar doesn’t take a ton of force on the drop. Everyone in the club has been scrambling to use the new plates, and the feedback has been all positive. I’ve had many products from Fringe in the past, and these plates continue their reputation for budget friendly equipment that maintains a high level of quality and craftsmanship. You can’t beat the price, and with the free shipping these plates are a steal. Buy them!”
- “I can’t say enough good things about Fringe products and these plates are no different. You’d think there wouldn’t be too much to say about a bumper plate but you’d be wrong. Firstly, the bounce (or rather the lack there of) is amazing. I lift in a narrow, one car garage. So often my other (not Fringe) bumpers would bounce so high and off to the side, I was afraid my barbell would punch a hole in the garage wall. Not these guys- the rebound up is nearly inexistent. I love the sleek black look and they shipped insanely quickly. If you need some solid kilo training plates, quit looking around and grab up these bad boys.”
- “These plates are an incredible deal. Great Quality. I especially love the fact that you can now get something in Kilos from Fringe Sport.”
- “Love the new black kilo plates. Dead drop from overhead and look great on the bar too.”
- “Accurate and a great value (esp. when you factor in free shipping). I can’t yet comment yet on the durability because I’ve only had my 25k plates for a month but if they’re like others I’ve purchased, I have no doubt that they’ll hold up just fine.”
- “I love the bumper training plates and especially the price for such quality.”
- “These bumpers look great out of the box and are definitely a great price for anyone looking to get hub-style bumpers. They are very low odor and have the dead bounce people are looking for. However, within the first week the colored banding began to come off. It does little to affect function, but essentially ruins the purpose of having color coded bumpers. Moving up the price ladder to purchase training bumpers versus traditional bumpers should come with the peace of mind that the added cost will be reflected in the longevity of the product.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not reviewed the KG version of these plates, but I have reviewed the LB version, which you can read here.
The below plates were picked as alternatives to the Fringe Sport Black Training Competition KG Plates.