Fringe Sport Color Competition Plates – KG
- Manufacturer: Fringe Sport
- Plate Type: Rubber Competition Bumper Plate
- Insert Type: Zinc Steel Disc
- Weight System: KG/Kilograms
- Weight Increments: 10KG-25KG
- Durometer Rating/Bounce: 90/Low Bounce
- Weight Tolerance: +/- 10 Grams
- Diameter: 450mm
- Hole Size: 50.4mm
- Color: Color
- Made in: Import
- Warranty: 5 Years
Read below to get a detailed look at the Fringe Sport Color Competition Plates (KG) including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Fringe Sport Color Competition KG Plates
Fringe Sport Color Competition KG Plates are beautiful-looking bumpers with great durability and a very tight weight tolerance. I own the LB version and I have been very happy with them.
These plates are ideal for any lifting style… Olympic weightlifting, powerlifting, general-purpose, CrossFit, etc…
This is the KG variant – you can find the LB Color Competition Plates here.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- Dead Bounce – These plates have a durometer rating of 90, which is going to create a very minimal bounce. There are plates with higher durometer ratings, like the Rogue Competition Plates (94) and the REP Competition Plates (92), but a rating of 90 is nothing to snuff at. You can rest assured you won’t be chasing the bar across the gym.
- Zinc-Plated Steel Disc – The KG Color Competition Plates from Fringe use a zinc-plated steel disc, which doesn’t look as nice as chrome, in my opinion, but which functions very well. The hubs have some texture to them, so they don’t create the same reflective qualities as chrome, but they also don’t show fingerprints, etc… The hole opening measures 50.4mm, which is consistent with competition-style plates and which will accommodate Olympic-sized bars nicely. The hubs are secured with five bolts on one side.
- Raised Flanges– The outer edges of the plates are raised to help when picking the plates up from a flat position or otherwise carrying them. There is also a raised flange around the center disc to prevent metal-on-metal contact and to extend the life of the plates.
- Weight Offerings – Fringe Color KG Comp Plates can be purchased from 10KG up to 25KG and they’re sold in pairs. They’re also available in sets ranging from 90KG up to 140KG, which is standard for this style of plate. All pairs and sets ship for free.
- Plate Width – One of the biggest benefits of the competition plates is that they are narrower, which allows you to load more weight on the bar compared to more traditional bumpers. Plate widths are as follows:
- 10KG – 1.25″
- 15KG – 1.70″
- 20KG – 2.15″
- 25KG – 2.55″
- Durability – These plates are extremely durable, whether in a commercial setting or in a home gym. They are built to sustain thousands and thousands of drops, and they also come with a strong warranty (more below).
- Weight Tolerance – The Fringe KG Color Competition Plates have a very accurate weight tolerance of +/- 10 grams, which is among the tightest tolerances in the industry.
- Aesthetics – These are beautiful plates. The colors are vibrant, the lettering is clean, and they’re generally just eye-catching.
- Warranty – Fringe Sport offers a solid warranty on these plates: 1-year full satisfaction guaranteed and 5 years against manufacturer defects.
What They’re Saying at fringesport.com
Fringe Sport Color Competition KG Plates receive very positive, but limited feedback from users. With an average rating of 5/5, here are some of the things people have said at fringesport.com.
- “These arrived on time, well packaged and in perfect condition. They are beautiful! I will definitely be ordering more. So far I have only did one workout with them but they seem sturdy even when dropping from overhead.”
- “Excellent. More reasonably priced than other brands, and they work great!”
- None noted
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not reviewed the KG version of these plates, but I have reviewed the LB version, which you can read here.
The below plates were picked as alternatives to the Fringe Sport Color Competition KG Plates.