Rep Competition Bumper Plates – KG
- Manufacturer: REP Fitness
- Plate Type: Rubber Competition Bumper Plate
- Insert Type: Zinc Steel Disc
- Weight System: KG/Kilograms
- Weight Increments: 10KG-25KG
- Durometer Rating/Bounce: 92/Low Bounce
- Weight Tolerance: +/- 10 Grams
- Diameter: 450mm
- Hole Size: 50.5mm
- Color: Color
- Made in: Import
- Warranty: 5 Years
Read below to get a detailed look at the REP Competition Bumper Plates (KG) including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
REP Competition Bumper Plates – KG
REP KG Competition Bumper Plates are highly accurate, beautiful, and all-around high-quality plates. They offer a thin profile, a large center hub, and several other notable features.
These plates are ideal for any lifting style… Olympic weightlifting, powerlifting, general-purpose, CrossFit, etc…
This is the KG variant – you can find the LB version here.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- Dead Bounce – These plates have a very high durometer rating of 92, which equates to a very minimal bounce. The higher the rating, the harder the material and the lower the bounce. You won’t be chasing these plates around the gym, that’s for sure.
- Zinc-Plated Steel Disc – The KG Competition Plates from REP use a zinc-plated steel disc, which is “smooth” on one side and which has 5 bolts on the other side for a very secure plate. The hubs have some texture to them, hence the “smooth.” In my opinion, they don’t look as nice as chrome hubs, but they also don’t show fingerprints, etc… like chrome will. The hole opening measures 50.5mm, which is 0.1mm larger than most competition plates. This is likely not going to make a difference for most users, but it’s something to point out since the plates will fit very slightly looser on the bar.
- Raised Flanges– The outer edges of the plates are raised to help when picking the plates up from a flat position or otherwise carrying them. There is also a raised flange around the center disc to prevent metal-on-metal contact and to extend the life of the plates.
- Weight Offerings – REP Competition Bumpers Plates (KG) can be purchased from 10KG up to 25KG and they’re sold in pairs. They’re also available in sets ranging from 90KG up to 140KG.
- Plate Width – One of the biggest benefits of these competition plates is that they have a slim profile, which means you can load more onto the bar. In comparison to Rogue Competition plates, the REP plates have slightly thicker 10KG and 25KG plates but slightly narrower 15KG and 20KG plates. Plate widths are as follows:
- 10KG – 1.375″
- 15KG – 1.60″
- 20KG – 2.125″
- 25KG – 2.60″
- Durability – These plates are highly durable, whether in a commercial setting or in a home gym. They are built to sustain thousands and thousands of drop (factory tested to 30,000+ drops). In a home gym, they will last you years, and they come with a strong warranty of 5 years too.
- Weight Tolerance – The REP Competition Bumper plates have a weight tolerance of +/- 10 grams, which is very accurate and which is to be expected with a competition-style plate. These have a slightly tighter tolerance than Rogue, which are +/- 15 grams.
- Aesthetics – These plates look very nice. The colors are vibrant and the raised white lettering pops off the plate. I do prefer a chrome hub, but the large zinc-plated hub still looks great.
What They’re Saying at repfitness.com
REP KG Competition Bumper Plates receive very positive, but limited feedback from users. With an average rating of 5/5, here are some of the things people have said at repfitness.com.
- “I purchased these, after weeks of waiting for them to become in stock, and I really enjoy using them. I purchased 2 pairs of 10KG plates and 2 pairs of 25KG plates (140 KG total). They look clean and professional and don’t have a lot of bounce.”
- “R.P. was great to deal with. Customer was easy to deal with and ready to assist in my purchase. I purchased Bumpers, Battle Rope & Plyo Box. All is super quality and would purchase again. Very Pleased.”
- None Noted
Garage Gym Lab Review
The REP KG Competition Plates were a winner in the Garage Gym Lab Best Bumper Plate Awards.
The below plates were picked as alternatives to the REP KG Competition Bumper Plates.