Fringe Sport Lone Star Power Bar
- Manufacturer: Fringe Sport
- Purpose: Powerlifting
- Bar Weight: 20kg
- Gender: Men
- Tensile Strength: 190,000
- Yield Strength: 165,000
- Knurl Type: Aggressive
- Center Knurl: Yes
- Knurl Marks: Powerlifting
- Shaft Finish: Bright Zinc
- Shaft Diameter: 28.5mm
- Sleeve Finish: Bright Zinc
- Sleeve Type: Grooved
- Rotation System: Bushing
- Made In: USA
- Warranty: Lifetime
Read below to get a closer look at the Fringe Sport Lone Star Power Bar including product details, features, a full Garage Gym Lab review, real user feedback, and more.
Fringe Sport Lone Star Power Bar
The Fringe Sport Lone Star Power Bar is an aggressively knurled 28.5mm power bar that’s made in the USA.
Read more below.
Features & Highlights
- Bright Zinc Finish – Bright Zinc is a cost-efficient plating that does an OK job at fighting off rust. You won’t get the same feel as you would with a non-plated finish like bare steel, stainless steel, etc… but you get a good blend of feel and rust resistance without the larger price tag.
- Aggressive Knurl – The knurling on the Fringe Sport Lone Star Power Bar is aggressive. It offers a volcano knurl pattern with fewer points-per-square-inch than some bars, giving it a bit more bite in the hand.
- 28.5mm Shaft – The 28.5mm shaft on the Fringe Sport Lone Star Bar is slightly thinner than the traditional 29mm on most power bars. This will generally allow for a more comfortable grip, especially when using hook grip. That said, if you’re a competitive powerlifter who lifts in federations that require 29mm bars, you may want to train for specificity with a 29mm bar.
- Grooved Sleeves – The grooved sleeves will tend to keep the plates on the bar better than a smooth sleeve when not using collars, but they will also be louder.
- Center Knurl – The bar does offer a center knurl, which is expected on a power bar.
- American Made – This bar is made in America.
- Strong Warranty – The Fringe Sport Lone Star Power bar comes with a lifetime warranty against manufacturer’s defects and bending.
What They’re Saying at FringeSport.com
The Fringe Sport Lone Star Power Bar receives positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 5/5 at fringesport.com, here are some of the things they have said:
- “Good for deadlifts, squats, bench press. Nice tough knurling too”
- “To be honest, I was a little wary of the Lone Star power bar at first based on the over-the-top description of the knurling. Having put it through its paces for 3-4 workouts now, I find that I like it a lot. It IS aggressive, but it doesn’t feel too aggressive or uncomfortable on any of the main lifts. OK, I take that back – it does bite back on deadlifts, but deadlifts aren’t supposed to feel good…”
- “I bought this bar about a year ago and it is has just gotten better. It’s been my primary bar through 3 different phases of programming and it has made me so happy. The stiffness helped me get my squat into the 500s for the first time and get my bench up to where I wanted it this year. I even put 150 lbs on my deadlift. Believe that the knurling is aggressive. It will stay right where you put it on your back and if you don’t let go of it on the DL, it won’t let go of you. If you’re looking to get stronger, this is your bar.”
- None Noted
Garage Gym Lab Review
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Fringe Sport Lone Star Power Bar.