Titan Fitness Blues City Power Bar
- Manufacturer: Titan Fitness
- Purpose: Powerlifting
- Bar Weight: 20kg
- Gender: Men
- Tensile Strength: 200,000
- Yield Strength: N/A
- Knurl Type: Aggressive
- Center Knurl: Yes
- Knurl Marks: Powerlifting
- Shaft Finish: Black Oxide
- Shaft Diameter: 28.5mm
- Sleeve Finish: Zinc
- Sleeve Type: Grooved
- Rotation System: Bushing
- Made In: USA
- Warranty: 1 Year
Read below to get a detailed look at the Titan Blues City Power Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Titan Blues City Power Bar
The Titan Blues City Power Bar is a USA-made Black Oxide power bar with a 28.5mm shaft and other notable specs.
Read more below.
Features & Highlights
- Black Oxide – Black Oxide is one of my personal favorite finishes due to its excellent feel in the hands and how well it takes chalk. Surface rust will eventually show up on a black oxide surface, so just keep this in mind. Oil will help mitigate oxidation, but it won’t prevent it.
- 28.5mm Shaft – The 28.5mm shaft on the Titan Blues City Power Bar is slightly thinner than the traditional 29mm on most power bars. This will generally allow for a more comfortable grip, especially when using hook grip. That said, if you’re a competitive powerlifter who lifts in federations that require 29mm bars, you may want to train for specificity with a 29mm bar.
- Semi-Aggressive Knurl – This bar offers a moderately aggressive knurl. I would consider it in the lower half of the power bar spectrum in terms of knurl aggression.
- Grooved Sleeves – The grooved sleeves will tend to keep the plates on the bar better than a smooth sleeve when not using collars, but they will also be louder. The loadable sleeve length on this bar is 15″ despite Titan’s website reading 16.25″. This is due to a larger collar similar to the Texas Power Bar.
- Center Knurl – The bar does offer a center knurl, which is expected on a power bar.
- American Made – This bar is made in America.
From the Manufacturer
Add style to your workout with the Blues City Barbell from Titan Fitness®. This 86.25-inch Olympic barbell from Titan Fitness® is Made in the USA and features a Black Oxide shaft with Zinc Sleeves. Designed as a powerlifting barbell explicitly built for heavy power lifts, this 20 KG bar features a 28.5 mm shaft that supports a weight capacity of up to 1,500-pounds, making for some serious gains. The bar shaft is made from durable, heavy-duty Oxide with a tensile strength consistency of 200,000 PSI, providing the right amount of whip or flex to the bar. The barbell’s sleeves are coated in a zinc finish ensuring that your power bar will last you a lifetime. The bar features a single powerlifting mark, center knurling, and a deep aggressive diamond textured knurling on either end. The length between the sleeves is 51.5-inches and fits Olympic-size plates with a 50 mm diameter.
MADE IN THE USA: The Blues City Olympic Barbells are designed and manufactured in the USA and are backed by our 1-year warranty and 100% Satisfaction. They are built with the highest quality materials and workmanship to exceed your expectations.
POWERLIFTING BAR: The Black Oxide Power Bar features a single knurl mark suitable for heavier power lifts, explicitly built for the three main powerlifting movements; the bench press, squat, and deadlift.
BLACK OXIDE COATING: The Blues City Power Bars feature a Black Oxide coating to protect the shaft against scratches and corrosion. This oxide coating provides a durable finish and helps prevent corrosion allowing your Power Bar to continue to look new with very little maintenance.
200,000 PSI TENSILE STRENGTH: The Black Oxide 20 KG Power Bar features a tensile strength of 200,000 PSI. Each shaft is ground, polished, and individually tested to give the right whip or flex.
KNURLED TEXTURE: The ends of the shaft features 17-inch wide areas of aggressive diamond textured knurling as well as 5-inches of center knurling, ensuring excellent grip and contact through heavy movements.
DIMENSIONS: The Blues City Barbell measures 86.25-inches in overall length with a shaft diameter of 28.5 mm. The Olympic-sized weight sleeve measures 50 mm in diameter and offers 16.125-inches of loadable length with a capacity of 1,500-pounds, and weighs 20 KG or 45-pounds.
What They’re Saying at titan.fitness
The Titan Blues City Power Bar receives very positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.9/5 at titan.fitness, here are some of the things people have said:
- “Great Bar for the price! Went with this bar over the Ohio power bar because the shaft is slightly smaller in diameter. For me it’s an easier grip for the deadlift. Also great for squat and bench! The only con I could find was black finish was a little dull in color in some spots. No big deal though. The knurling is aggressive which I like! It sticks on your back and stays in your hands!!”
- “This is a great bar, it feels good in the hands and across the shoulders. The knurling allows for a good trip without having to squeeze until your knuckles turn white. I highly recommend this bar.”
- “Knurling is perfect to keep a sturdy grip on heavy weight. This bar takes a beating and still looks new.”
- “I have used this bar’s direct competitors such as the Ohio Power bar, the Texas power bar, and the Kabuki Strength power bar. I would say this bar falls in the same category as these barbells. The knurling is extremely aggressive, and the slightly smaller diameter makes deadlifting much easier. The only drawback is the lack of thickness for squats and bench press. Would 100% recommend, but the Ohio power bar is a close contender.”
- “The only minor downside is that the finish seems to leave a light residue on your clothes. The major issue I had with this is that the website has the sleeve length measured incorrectly. It has loadable length at 16.125” while it’s actually only 15”.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed this bar, but stay tuned!
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Titan Blues City Power Bar.