Fringe Sport Multi-Grip Swiss Bar
- Manufacturer: Fringe Sport
- Purpose: Neutral & Angled Swiss Bar
- Bar Weight: 46 lbs
- Grip Widths: 3 Neutral Widths & 1 Angled
- Total Grip Options: 4
- Shaft Finish: Powder Coat
- Sleeve Finish: Powder Coat
- Olympic-Sized Sleeves: No
- Rackable: Yes
- Made In: Import
- Warranty: 1 Year
Read below to get a detailed look at the Fringe Sport Multi-Grip Swiss Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Fringe Sport Multi-Grip Swiss Bar
The Fringe Sport Multi-Grip Swiss Bar is a straight-handled swiss bar with a single set of angled grips near the center to provide additional variety.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- 3 Grip Widths/4 Total Grip Options – The Fringe Sport Swiss Bar offers three grip widths: two neutral grips spaced at 18.5″ and 27.25″ and one angled grip spaced at 8.5″. By flipping the bar over, you can access the opposite angle, giving you four total grip options.
- Knurled Handles – Unlike many swiss bars that offer smooth handles, and the Fringe Sport Swiss Bar offers a knurled handles for extra grip. The knurling isn’t aggressive, but provides some tactile feeling beyond a smooth powdercoat.
- Rackable – This bar is rackable and it will fit a 49″ width rack (Rogue, etc…). Anything narrower or wider and fit may be tight/not possible.
- Sleeve Length – On the Fringe Swiss Bar, you get a sleeve length of 14″, which is in the wheelhouse for this style of bar.
- Powder Coat Finish – Powder Coat is a very common finish on specialty bars. It does a good job at limiting oxidation, but it does tend to show scuffs easily, especially on the sleeves and rack contact points.
- Non-Olympic Sized Sleeve – The sleeves on this bar are not Olympic-sized, which means you will need specialty collars. My personal recommendation is Proloc since they can be used on any bar. They would very well and they’re well-priced.
From the Manufacturer
When you’re in that oil puddle on the cracked concrete garage floor mood, take a handoff from us with our football bar. With its 3 grip positions, you’re provided a slew of new workout variants for pushing and pulling lifts.
- The “pronated” position, when your palms are facing forward, is what causes the shoulder pain for some lifters doing a pressing movement. With the multi-grip barbell, the lifter can use a neutral hand position to allow some relief to those injured areas. There are two neutral hand positions included on this barbell.
- Heavier loads and muscles targeted at new and different angles means unpredictability and fresh gains. We love doing close grip bench presses, skull crushers, hammer grip curls, front raises and incline front raises with our multi-grip bar here at Fringe headquarters.
- Our multi-grip barbell has 60 degrees angled handles, along with two neutral handle options. This allows you to add variation to your workout and comfort to your joints.
- One of the reasons this barbell is referred to by some as a “football” barbell is it is used in football training so the players (after injury and abuse on the field) can comfortably do the bench press movement without pain.
- This barbell measures about 53 inches within the sleeves and can be racked on most squat racks on the market.
What They’re Saying at Fringe Sport
The Fringe Sport Multi-Grip Swiss Bar receives good feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.8/5, here are some of the things people have said at fringesport.com.
- “This bar has been amazing! Bought this so my dad could start lifting again with me and since he has shoulder problems using a regular bar this solved all those problems!”
- “The bar itself has good knurling on the grips and my OSO collars fit without any issue. I’ve used it for bench, shoulder press, curls and rows. I definitely recommend this bar for anyone looking to switch up their grips.”
- “Forged of steel. Add power to my lifts. Time to shred. PS It’s the coolest piece of equipment in my garage gym.”
- “Picked this up this week, used it and I was able to do shoulder press, bench press and arm curls. Woke up today Feeling no extreme joint soreness or pain, recommend to anyone. Protect your joints”
- “Great, high quality bar.”
- “I like the bar but it did not fit my existing rack. So I needed buy a new rack. But the bar does not fit the garage series racks the company makes. So I had to buy a new rack from a different company.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed this bar.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Fringe Sport Multi-Grip Swiss Bar: