Fringe Sport Retractable Power Rack
- Manufacturer: Fringe Sport
- Rack Type: Wall-Mount Rack
- Tube Size: 2×3 11-Gauge Steel
- Hole Size: 5/8″
- Hole Spacing: Westside (1″ ) through bench zone. 2″ above and below.
- Height: 91″
- Footprint: 25″ Deep/47.25″ Wide
- Weight: N/A
- Numbered Uprights: No
- Color: Black
- Made In: Import
Read below to get a detailed look at the Fringe Sport Retractable Power Rack including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Fringe Sport Retractable Power Rack
The Fringe Sport Retractable Power Rack is a basic, no-frills wall-mounted rack. This rack is built with 2×3 11-gauge steel and it offers 5/8″ holes with Westside hole spacing.
The rack is available in one size, standing 91″ tall and extending 25″ from the wall when folded out (5″ when retracted).
Read more below.
Features & Highlights
- Steel Size – The Retractable Power Rack from Fringe Sport is constructed with 2×3 11-gauge steel and it’s assembled with a bolt-together design. 2×3 steel is very sturdy and it’s capable of handling virtually anything you can throw at it.
- Wall-Mount Design – Wall-mount racks are popular for lifters who are working with tight space constraints. The most common place you’ll see this style of rack is in a garage because when it’s folded up, you can still park a car. This is a very efficient style of rack that takes up practically no room when folded. This rack folds into itself and retracts very easily once the quick-attach pull-up bar is removed. By folding in, there are no additional height constraints as may exist on racks that fold up.
- Assembly & Installation – This rack can be mounted to a variety of surfaces, including wood studs and concrete. Most home gym owners will be mounting to studs. Fringe Sport provides mounting assembly hardware with the rack. They do not currently offer a stringer option, so you will need to purchase a wooden stringer from your local hardware store. It’s recommended to buy two pieces of wood measuring 2″x10″x60″. If your floor has a slope, you may need to add a shim underneath one of the uprights.
- Hole/Hardware Sizing – This rack uses 5/8″ hardware, which is one of the most common hardware sizes used on power racks. The rack will accommodate many of Fringe Sport’s Attachments/Accessories as well as some from other companies (read more in the compatibility section below).
- Hole Spacing – The Retractable Power Rack offers Westside hole spacing, which is a popular feature on 5/8″ racks. The holes are spaced 1″ apart through the bench zone, allowing for finer adjustments on your J-cups and safeties. This can be useful for people who are “in-between” sizes. Above and below the Westside section are holes with standard 2″ spacing between them. If you have more aggressive sloping in your floor, you can use the spacing to mount the uprights at different levels.
- Exterior Rack Dimensions – Unlike some competing wall-mounted racks, this rack from Fringe is only available in one size. The total footprint (extended) is 47.25″ wide x 25″ deep. This width measures from upright to upright. If you install on a stringer then the total width on the wall will be the width of the stringer. One of the main benefits of a 2×3 rack is this narrower width (47.25″). This gives you more room to cleanly un-rack and re-rack your bar without concern of clipping the uprights with the plates on the bar. The total height of the rack is 91″.
- Safety Options – The Retractable Folding Rack does not come with any safety options as standard. It is highly recommended that you purchase the safety spotter arms so that you can confidently lift on the rack. These spotter arms can also allow for rack pulls and other movements.
- No Color Options – This rack is only available in black powder coat.
What’s Included in the Box
The Fringe Sport Retractable Power Rack includes several pieces as standard:
- (2) J-Cups
- (4) Mounting Brackets
- (1) Mounting Hardware Package
- (6) Hitch Pins
- (1) Quick-attach Pull-Up Bar
- (4) 22″ Crossmembers
- (2) 91″ Uprights
Fringe Sport does not sell a steel stringer. You can purchase a wooden one from your local hardware store. It’s strongly recommended that you do so for increased stability.
The Fringe Sport Retractable Power Rack is constructed with 2×3 steel and 5/8″ hardware, which is compatible with Fringe’s attachments.
The dip bar allows for a portable dip station, the landmine opens up a ton of barbell movement versatility, and the safety spotters are necessary for safety measures.
As for attachment compatibility outside of Fringe Sport, two notable places to look are Titan Fitness and Rogue Fitness. Both companies offer attachments that will fit 2×3 and 5/8″ hardware. One thing to keep in mind is that imported racks use the metric system vs. the imperial system on USA-made racks. This means that hole spacing will be slightly shorter. If you find an attachment that has two pins (or a single pin with a second hitch pin) then it may not fit properly. Single-pin attachments tend to work fine.
What They’re Saying at Fringe Sport
The Fringe Sport Retractable Power Rack receives positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.7/5, here are some of the things people have said at fringesport.com.
- “Just received the rack this week and put it together yesterday, did my first workout on it today which involved box squatting 395lbs. Loving this so far. Fits perfectly into my garage, it looks strong, and it wasn’t hard to put together. My neighbor who helped me put it together has a similar rack from a different company. He even said my rack looks better than his. I would recommend this to anyone…..unless you are really wanting the safety attachment. Apparently you can’t attach it to the rack. My coworker will be disappointed about that.”
- “This thing is awesome! It’s not flimsy at all, stout, well built and exactly what I was hoping for. Install took about an hour, but could have been faster. If you’re thinking about buying this, just buy it now!”
- “Wow! This thing is awesome. Well built functional and looks great. Tucks away quickly and opens the area up completely.”
- “Works great. Very pleased with product. This coming from a guy who owns a commercial gym full of Rogue equipment. I’m using this at my home. Love it so far.”
- “The set up was relatively easy but still took time to try to decipher all of the help videos online. Once it’s all set up it is perfect for a garage gym! I have had no problems with holding all the weight I need. It’s a little loud if you set it up against a wall that has an interior wall on the opposite side so keep that in mind. Overall I’m super happy with it!”
- “this is a nice rack! very well fabricated & designed. pull up bar is solid. i am 210 and had no issues with a bar muscle up on it. had an issue with the delivery service who obviously ran over the box because the original pull up bar was bent. Sent pics to customer service and they had a new pull up bar sent within a few days. looking forward to using this alot more in the future. if you are short on space, or just like space saving equipment, this is good product to have.”
- “The only reason i didn’t rate 5 stars is because the install was definitely more tricky than I had anticipated (and due to the unevenness of the garage floor, i can’t fully retract).”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed the Fringe Sport Retractable Power Rack.
The below racks were picked as alternatives to the Fringe Sport Retractable Power Rack.