PRX Profile ONE Squat Rack
- Manufacturer: PRX Performance
- Rack Type: Wall-Mount Rack
- Tube Size: 2×3 11-Gauge Steel
- Hole Size: 5/8″
- Hole Spacing: 2″
- Height: 73″ or 90″ (see ceiling height clearance below)
- Footprint: 26.75″ Deep/52″ Wide (47″ Upright Width)
- Weight: N/A
- Numbered Uprights: No
- Color: Black
- Made In: USA
Read below to get a detailed look at the PRX Profile ONE Squat Rack including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
PRX Profile ONE Squat Rack
The PRx Profile ONE Squat Rack is a very high-quality wall-mounted squat rack. Built with 2×3 uprights and 5/8″ hardware, this is a durable and highly-functional rack.
You can purchase the rack in two different heights: 73″, 90″. Additionally, you can select from one of four pull-up options: no pull-up bar, a straight pull-up bar, a kipping pull-up bar, or a multi-grip pull-up bar. This is unique to the PRx line, which is a big selling point.
PRx is known as being the pioneer behind the wall-mounted rack. Since receiving funding from Shark Tank, they’ve become one of the most well-recognized brands for this style of squat rack.
The Profile ONE system is different than the Profile PRO system in that the PRO system has 3×3 uprights, 1″ hardware, multiple colors, and three different heights.
You can use code ‘GGLABFIVE’ at checkout for an additional 5% off your purchase.
Read more below.
Features & Highlights
- Steel Size – The Profile ONE Rack from PRx is the most economical folding rack they carry. It’s constructed with 2×3 11-gauge steel and it’s assembled with a bolt-together design. 2×3 steel is very sturdy and it’s capable of handling virtually anything you can throw at it.
- Wall-Mount Design – Wall-mount racks are popular for lifters who are working with tight space constraints. The most common place you’ll see this style of rack is in a garage because when it’s folded up, you can still park a car. This is a very efficient style of rack that takes up practically no room (between 9″-22.5″ from the wall depending on pull-up bar) when folded. Unlike other wall-mounted racks that fold in, PRx racks fold up. This makes it more efficient to fold and unfold since it’s only one movement, but it does require additional ceiling clearance.
- Assembly & Installation – This rack can be mounted to a variety of surfaces, including wood studs and concrete. Most home gym owners will be mounting to studs. PRx has mounting options for 16″ or 24″ stud spacing. If your studs aren’t evenly spaced and/or you can’t get the rack centered based on your stud layout, you will need to use a stringer. It’s recommended to buy two pieces of wood measuring 2″x10″x56″. If your floor has a slope, you may need to add a shim underneath one of the uprights.
- Hole/Hardware Sizing – This rack uses 5/8″ hardware, which is one of the most common hardware sizes used on power racks. The rack will accommodate PRx Profile ONE Attachments/Accessories as well as some from other companies (read more in the compatibility section below).
- Hole Spacing – The Profile ONE rack includes 2″ hole spacing through the bench and squat zones.
- 4 Pull-Up Options – One of the best features of the Profile ONE rack is that you can select from four different pull-up options. The base rack will not include any pull-up bar. From there, you can elect to purchase a standard straight bar, a kipping bar, or a multi-grip bar. The latter two will increase the overall depth of the unit given that they extend out from the rack.
- Exterior Rack Dimensions – This rack can be purchased in two heights: 73″ (no pull-up bar) or 90″. The outside upright width is 47″, which is beneficial compared to 49″ widths because you have more room to cleanly rack and un-rack your barbell. The total width, including the wall bracket, is 52″. The height will change based on whether or not the rack is folded or unfolded. The total footprint will also depend on which version you purchase. They are summarized below:
- No Pull-Up Bar: Folded down: 52″ wide x 73″ tall x 26.75″ deep. Folded up: 52″ wide x 91″ tall x 9″ deep.
- Straight Pull-Up Bar: Folded down: 52″ wide x 90″ tall x 26.75″ deep. Folded up: 52″ wide x 108″ tall x 9″ deep.
- Kipping Pull-Up Bar: Folded down: 52″ wide x 90″ tall x 39.5″ deep. Folded up: 52″ wide x 108″ tall x 22.5″ deep.
- Multi-Grip Pull-Up Bar: Folded down: 52″ wide x 90″ tall x 29.25″ deep. Folded up: 52″ wide x 108″ tall x 11.25″ deep.
- Gas Shocks – PRx includes 4 gas shocks to be mounted to the swing arms. These work to make folding and unfolding much easier.
- Safety Options – The Profile ONE Rack does not come with any safety options as standard. It is highly recommended that you purchase the safety spotter arms so that you can confidently lift on the rack. These spotter arms can also allow for rack pulls and other movements.
- No Color Options – This version of the Profile rack only comes in a black powder coat. If you want color options, you’ll need to jump up to the PRO version.
- Made in America – The PRx Profile ONE Rack is made in the USA.
What’s Included in the Box
The PRX Profile ONE Squat Rack includes several pieces as standard:
- (2) J-Cups
- (2) Mounting Brackets
- (4) Gas Shocks
- All Mounting Hardware
- (0-1) Pull-Up Bar
- (2) UHMW Plastic Caps for Floor Protection
- (2) 73″ or 90″ Uprights
PRx does not sell a steel stringer. You can purchase a wooden one from your local hardware store if you require one based on stud spacing.
The PRX Profile ONE Squat Rack is constructed with 2×3 steel and 5/8″ hardware, which is compatible with PRx’s Profile ONE Attachments.
The bench is wall-mounted similar to the rack, the landmine adds a lot of barbell versatility, the dip attachment creates a portable dip station, and the safety spotters are essential for safety purposes.
As for attachment compatibility outside of PRx, three notable places to look are Rogue Fitness, Titan Fitness, and Fringe Sport. Both companies offer attachments that will fit 2×3 and 5/8″ hardware. One thing to keep in mind is that imported racks use the metric system vs. the imperial system on USA-made racks (PRx and Rogue). This means that hole spacing will be slightly shorter. If you find an attachment that has two pins (or a single pin with a second hitch pin) then it may not fit properly. Single-pin attachments tend to work fine.
What They’re Saying at PRX Performance
The PRX Profile ONE Squat Rack receives excellent feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.9/5, here are some of the things people have said at prxperformance.com.
- “Not being able to go to the gym was killing us! We decided to invest in our (mental) health and get our own home gym. With very limited space in our 7 feet high basement, we were able to accommodate all the necessary equipment to get a real work out! PRx products are top notch quality and easy to install. Their design is absolutely flawless! I couldn’t be happier! It was worth every penny!”
- “I have enjoyed my Profile Folding Squat Rack. Took about an hour to install with my dad and about 15 minutes for the reinforcement kit. The reinforcement kit definitely made it seem sturdier and solid. Shipping took about 2 weeks. Everything arrived as it should have. No real complaints!”
- “easy installation in my garage. any issues were with the walls and workmanship in there. the rack is great. folding against the wall is perfect to allow me to park inside when needed, and keep my other items stored. 100% recommended.”
- “My wife and I recently purchased several PRX items – the Profile squat rack, 3-peg weight mounting bar with wing extension, landmine bar holder, mobility band storage, spotter arms with storage bracket, and men’s olympic bar. We converted our garage into a home gym with this equipment, and we couldn’t be happier! The equipment is very sturdy and high-quality, and was easy to install. Ensuring that I had accurately located and lined up the wall studs was more time consuming than the actual mounting of the equipment to the wall. The equipment is great to use and we are very happy with how everything turned out. Shipping was pretty quick, and the customer service I received when I had a few questions was great as well. We definitely recommend using PRX.“
- “Simple to install and great for my basement with low ceiling. Able to have squat rack and converted it to bench as well”
- “My only regret is that I didn’t do this sooner. Best investment ever.”
- “The inside had the wrong directions in which I didn’t find out until I called and spoke with the owner/management. He was extremely helpful with fixing the problem in which I had to order new uprights. He gave me his personal number which I used many times and greatly appreciated. Even still in the second package never received the directions to mount. Had to watch a video on the site to finally get it right. Great product. Spend the money and get the biggest rack they have. Don’t get the smaller rack. Not the sturdiness I was wanting.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed the PRX Profile ONE Squat Rack.
The below racks were picked as alternatives to the PRX Profile ONE Squat Rack.