FringeSport Heavy Duty Trap Bar
- Manufacturer: Fringe Sport
- Purpose: Trap Bar
- Bar Weight: 75 lbs
- Single/Dual Handles: Dual
- Knurled: Yes
- Handle Diameter: 31.75mm
- Shaft Finish: Powder Coat
- Sleeve Finish: Hard Chrome
- Olympic-Sized Sleeves: Yes
- Rackable: No
- Sleeve Length: 16″
- Made In: Import
- Warranty: Lifetime
Read below to get a detailed look at the Fringe Sport Heavy Duty Trap Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Fringe Sport Heavy Duty Trap Bar
The Fringe Sport Heavy Duty Trap Bar with dual handles, olympic-sized sleeves, and some other nice features.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- Dual Handle Height – The Fringe Sport Heavy Duty Trap Bar includes dual handles to allow for full and partial range-of-motion lifts. The high handle sits 8″ off the floor.
- Knurled Handles – The handles on the Fringe Trap Bar are knurled in a medium pattern and they measure almost 32mm in diameter, which is in-line with many top-end trap bars.
- Not Rackable – This bar is meant to be used off the floor.
- Handle Width – The distance between handles measures 25.25″, which provides a good amount of space for users and an overall comfortable distance for the shoulders. If you’re a smaller person with a smaller frame, you may find a smaller trap bar to be more suitable. For example, the Titan Fitness Hex Trap Bar, which measures 22″.
- Sleeve Length – On the Fringe Sport Heavy Duty Trap Bar, you get 16″ of loadable sleeve length, which is among the highest in the trap bar market.
- Powder Coat Finish – Powder Coat is a very common finish on specialty bars. It does a good job at limiting oxidation, but it does tend to show scuffs easily. This bar, however, does include a chrome finish on the sleeves.
- Olympic Sized Sleeve – A great feature about this bar is that it offers a 50mm sleeve, which is consistent with a traditional barbell. This means you can use a standard collar on this bar.
From the Manufacturer
- The chrome sleeves on the trap bar present a sharp contrast with the black matte finish of the frame, reminiscent of what the engine block of the Batmobile looks like after popping the hood. Plus, you don’t have to worry about scuffing up a finish.
- Sleeves are 2 inches in diameter – fits regular Olympic barbell collars.
- Weighs 75 pounds with a 990 pound weight capacity.
- Two handle heights, the higher handle for shrugs or to get you comfortable with the deadlift movement and the second handle giving you that full deadlift depth. Flip the bar so you don’t have the higher height handle hitting your forearms.
- Due to the length of this barbell, it is not rackable on a standard 4 ft width rack or rig.
You’ll find that our trap bar weighs 75 lb, punching at a beefier weight class than others. We use a stout gauge of steel to ensure our bar lives up to our trademark durability. If steel was like cattle, this would be the Texas longhorn of hex bars- free range, mean and pure muscle.
We slimmed down the frame in between the sleeves, to give you an improved center of balance, allowing you to lift heavier loads. We want you to be strong, so you’re the director of your life, as opposed to being directed. We’ve outdone ourselves with this hex bar, and we’re sure this will put you in the director’s chair in no time.
What They’re Saying at Fringe Sport
The Fringe Sport Heavy Duty Trap Bar receives very good, but limited feedback from users. With an average rating of 5/5, here are some of the things people have said at fringesport.com.
- “I looked at many bars, checking reviews and prices, and decided to purchase this one. I have zero regrets for my decision. This bar is a solid, heavy duty, great looking trap bar that can handle as much weight as you can put on it.”
- None Noted
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed this bar.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Fringe Sport Heavy Duty Trap Bar: