Rogue TB-2 Trap Bar
- Manufacturer: Rogue Fitness
- Purpose: Trap Bar
- Bar Weight: 60 lbs
- Single/Dual Handles: Dual
- Knurled: Yes
- Handle Diameter: 34mm
- Shaft Finish: Powder Coat
- Sleeve Finish: Powder Coat
- Olympic-Sized Sleeves: No
- Rackable: Yes
- Sleeve Length: 16″
- Made In: USA
- Warranty: General
Read below to get a detailed look at the Rogue TB-2 Trap Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Rogue TB-2 Trap Bar
The Rogue TB-1 Trap Bar 2.0 is a quality no-frills trap bar with a single handle height and some other nice features, including approval to be used in the Army Combat Fitness Test.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- Dual Handle Height – The Rogue TB-2 Trap Bar includes dual handles to allow for full and partial range-of-motion lifts. The high handle sits 8.25″ off the floor. If you're looking for a single height option, check out the Rogue TB-1.
- Knurled Handles – The handles on the TB-2 are knurled in a standard, non-aggressive pattern. The 34mm diameter is thicker than a traditional bar and thicker than most trap bars.
- Rackable – This bar is rackable, giving you additional versatility (rack pulls, overhead press, pull-ups, etc…).
- Handle Width – The distance between handles measures 25″, which provides a good amount of space for users and an overall comfortable distance for the shoulders. If you're a smaller person with a smaller frame, you may find the 22″ distance on the Titan Hex Trap Bar v2 to be a better fit. Otherwise, this is a very accommodating handle width.
- Sleeve Length – On the TB-2, you get 16″ of loadable sleeve length, which is very similar to a traditional barbell, and which is on the high-end of the trap bar spectrum.
- Powder Coat Finish – Powder Coat is a very common finish on specialty bars. It does a good job at limiting oxidation, but it does tend to show scuffs easily, especially on the sleeves and rack contact points.
- Non-Olympic Sized Sleeve – The sleeves on The Rogue TB-2 Trap Bar are not Olympic-sized, which means you will need specialty collars. My personal recommendation is Proloc since they can be used on any bar. They work very well and they're well-priced.
- Made in the USA – This bar is made in the USA, using USA & CAN steel.
From the Manufacturer
With the TB-2, we've completely overhauled the original Rogue Trap Bar with a more versatile dual-handle design, SCH 80 pipe Olympic sleeves, and a 25% reduction in weight.
The TB-2 Trap Bar is manufactured in the USA with US steel or US & CAN steel and features a durable hexagonal frame welded from 1.5” square steel tubing. Both sets of knurled, parallel handles measure 1.34” in diameter and are spaced 25” on center. During a workout, an athlete can easily switch from one set of handles to the other simply by flipping the bar over. This makes the TB-2 advantageous for strengthening the lockout, overloading on shrugs, and/or limiting shoulder stress during bench presses. It also enables beginners or rehabbing athletes to focus on their range of motion or gradually develop a deadlift program without putting as much pressure on the lower back.
What They're Saying at Rogue Fitness
The Rogue TB-2 Trap Bar receives very good feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.8/5, here are some of the things people have said at roguefitness.com.
- “Have had the TB2 for about a month. Packaging was great. So far I love it. Feels solid! Like the ability to use it different ways with the raised handles of flip it over if you want more ROM. Highly recommend!”
- “The best trap bar I've ever used! If quality is important to you, this is your bar. nice and wide for big boys and it will hold as much weight as you can stack on it.”
- “Can’t say enough good about this item. It does exactly what I need. Interior space is great – I have broad shoulders so spacing matters and there is plenty of room for me.”
- “I recently started teaching my son hip hinge movements and recently introduced the DL to him. This trap bar has made it easy! I can, but most importantly he can, see his form is dialed in and his strength and speed have increased in a relatively short period of time. Prior to the trap bar we were using a standard barbell which was frustrating for him. I knew it might be when we started, but since the TB was on back order for ever we started working with what we had. Once the TB arrived and he used it the frustration vanished! He enjoys the improvement, sees it and is enthusiastic about our workouts together!”
- “I had been considering getting the TB-2 Trap Bar for over a year. I didn't necessarily need it for my garage gym, but certainly kept thinking about it. (I needed to answer the question, “Where are you going to store that?”) Exceeded my expectations. The bar is built to handle a lot more iron than I'll ever try and a outstanding alternative to traditional deadlifts. Besides deadlifts, there's several other exercises you can do with this bar (if you need more convincing.) Having two different handle heights is worth the money. I'm 5'8″ and the handle spacing from center works just fine. Get the Dead Wedge as well–your back will thank you. Overall, very pleased with this Rogue TB-2 Trap Bar.”
- “This is my first big purchase for my home gym and I love it. I have been using it for shrugs, deadlifts, the farmers walk and bent over rows.”
- “I've been using this bar solid for a few years. Its been great addition and change up from barbell dead lifts. But cracks began to show up. I thought it was just the finish since we've never put more than 400 pounds on this thing. Disappointed hope it would last longer!”
- “My only criticism is that some of the paint/coating has peeled off after only a few weeks.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed this bar.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Rogue TB-2 Trap Bar: