Vulcan Pro High Hex Trap Bar
- Manufacturer: Vulcan Strength
- Purpose: Trap Bar
- Bar Weight: 75 lbs
- Single/Dual Handles: Dual
- Knurled: Yes
- Handle Diameter: 33mm
- Shaft Finish: Powder Coat
- Sleeve Finish: Hard Chrome
- Olympic-Sized Sleeves: Yes
- Rackable: No
- Sleeve Length: 16″
- Made In: Import
- Warranty: N/A
Read below to get a detailed look at the Vulcan Pro High Hex Trap Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Vulcan Pro High Hex Trap Bar
The Vulcan Pro High Hex Trap Bar is a quality dual-handled trap bar with solid specs.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- Dual Handle Height – The Vulcan Pro High Hex Trap Bar includes dual handles to allow for full and partial range-of-motion lifts. The high handle sits 8.5″ off the floor.
- Knurled Handles – The handles on the bar are knurled in a non-aggressive pattern and they measure 33mm in diameter. This diameter is very consistent with other trap bars.
- Not Really Rackable – This bar technically can be racked on certain racks, but it may be very tight or not possible at all depending on your rack's width.
- Handle Width – The distance between handles measures 24″, which is one of the best features on this bar. This width provides a comfortable distance for smaller and bigger lifters alike.
- Sleeve Length – The Vulcan Pro High Hex Trap Bar has a 16″ sleeve length, which is on the higher end of the trap bar spectrum – a nice feature to be sure.
- Powder Coat Finish – Powder Coat is a very common finish on specialty bars. It does a good job at limiting oxidation, but it does tend to show scuffs easily. The sleeves, however, are finished in hard chrome
- Olympic-Sized Sleeve – Another nice feature of this bar is that you can use standard collars thanks to its Olympic-sized sleeves.
From the Manufacturer
The Vulcan High Hex Trap – Dead Lift Bar. Powder Coated matte black textured finish. Double Dual Height Handles allow pulling from Low or High positions. Medium Knurl Handles for a sure grip. Collars are included. The Vulcan High Hex Bar has hard chrome plated barbell sleeves to ensure that any Olympic barbell collars can be used with the hex bar. The hard chrome barbell sleeves also eliminate the common issue of powder coat coming off of the sleeves and unsightly rust
What They're Saying at Vulcan Strength
The Vulcan Pro High Hex Trap Bar receives positive, but limited feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.7/5, here are some of the things people have said at vulcanstrength.com.
- “Overall I like the hexbar, it's very sturdy. I like the extra weight/size of it, and the height of the high handles as well. The finish looks good, and the plates go on and off smoothly”
- “The bar is an excellent ad to any gym. We received the bar a few days ago and have used it with no issue at all. Very stable and well built. We liked that the knurling on the handles isn't too rough. I used Rogue's version of this bar at our gym and the handles ripped our hands. The gym ended up putting tape around the handles. This bar is definitely a better way to go for the money.”
- “The only reason the hex bar doesn't get 5 stars is that the knurling is very weak, to the point where I can hardly feel it or even visibly identify it, much less than even a normal barbell.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed this bar.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Vulcan Pro High Hex Trap Bar: