Griffin GR3 Lite Power Rack
- Manufacturer: Griffin Fitness
- Rack Type: 4-Post Power Rack
- Tube Size: 3×3 11-Gauge Steel
- Hole Size: 5/8″
- Hole Spacing: Westside (1″ ) through bench zone. 2″ above and below.
- Height: 80.5″ or 92″
- Footprint: 39.5″ or 58.5″ Deep/49.5″ Wide (47″ on uprights)
- Interior Depth/Width: 36″/41″
- Weight: Varies
- Numbered Uprights: Yes
- Color: Black
- Made In: Import
Read below to get a detailed look at the Griffin GR3 Lite Power Rack including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Griffin GR3 Lite Power Rack
The Griffin GR3 Lite Power Rack is a versatile and affordable 4-post rack with an option to convert it to a 6-post rack. This rack is built with 3×3 11-gauge steel and it offers 5/8″ holes and Westside spacing.
The GR3 Lite is compatible with Griffin GR3 Lite attachments as well as many from other companies. It comes standard with impressive features, including a multi-grip pull-up bar, sandwich j-cups, strap safeties, and black hardware.
Read more below.
Features & Highlights
- Steel Size – The GR3 Lite Power Rack from Griffin is constructed with 3×3 11-gauge steel and it’s assembled with a bolt-together design. 3×3 steel is popular for its strength, attachment compatibility, and its overall aesthetic.
- 4 or 6-Post Design – This rack can be purchased in a 4-post or 6-post design. The primary benefits of a 6-post rack are the on-rack plate storage and the fact you don’t have to bolt it down (although you still can). The benefit of a 4-post rack is that it saves space and money, but it does require front post stabilization (more below) or it needs to be bolted down.
- Hole/Hardware Sizing – This rack uses 5/8″ hardware, which is one of the most common hardware sizes used on power racks. The rack will accommodate all of Griffin’s GR3 Lite Attachments/Accessories as well as some from other companies (read more in the compatibility section below).
- Hole Spacing – The Griffin GR3 Lite Power Rack offers Westside hole spacing, which is a common feature on 5/8″ racks. The holes are spaced 1″ apart through the bench zone, allowing for finer adjustments on your J-cups and safeties. This can be useful for people who are “in-between” sizes. Above and below the Westside section are holes with standard 2″ spacing between them.
- Exterior Rack Dimensions – This rack can be purchased in four configurations based on your depth and height requirements. The rack comes with 39.5″ total depth, but with the option to add a storage section that increases the total depth by 19″ to 58.5″. You can also choose from an 80″ or a 92″ height. One of the biggest benefits of the GR3 Lite is that it offers a 47″ outside width vs. a 49″ width that some other companies use. This narrower width provides more room for your barbell & plates, which makes for a cleaner walk-out/re-rack. The following breaks down the dimensions for each rack option:
- 4-Post Rack: Total length of 39.5″ (64.5″ with front stabilizers) and a total width of 49.5″ (includes footplates). The uprights themselves measure 47″ wide with an 80.5″ or 92″ height.
- 6-Post Rack: Total length of 58.5″ and a total width of 49.5″ (includes footplates). The uprights themselves measure 47″ wide with an 80.5″ or 92″ height.
- Interior Rack Dimensions – The GR3 Lite has a 36″ interior depth, which is a great choice for most people since it provides plenty of room to comfortably lift in. The interior width of the rack is 41″.
- Safety Options – This rack includes strap safeties as standard, which is a huge plus compared to some other racks that require this as an additional purchase. Strap safeties are much nicer than traditional pin & pipes since they’re easier to set up and they protect your barbells much better. You can also purchase the spotter arms if you like to lift outside of your rack.
- Multi-Grip Pull-Up Bar – The GR3 Lite comes with a powder-coated multi-grip pull-up bar as standard. This is a great offering because most companies will charge extra for this. One side of the pull-up bar has a 1.25″ diameter while the other has a 2″ diameter for additional grip training.
- Laser Cut Hole Numbers – The rack offers laser-cut numbers on every fifth hole of the uprights, which makes it easier to line up attachments.
- No Color Options – The GR3 Lite is only available in a black powder coat, but it does come with very sleek black hardware.
What’s Included in the Box
The Griffin GR3 Lite Power Rack Power Rack includes several pieces as standard:
- (2) Sandwich J-Cups with UHMW Lining
- (2) Strap Safeties
- (1) Multi-Grip Pull-Up Bar
- (4) 36″ Crossmembers
- (4) 80″ or 92″ Uprights
Optionally, you can add various attachments directly on the product page, including band pegs, front foot extensions, etc…
The Griffin GR3 Lite Power Rack is constructed with 3×3 steel and 5/8″ hardware, which is compatible with Griffin’s GR3 Lite Attachments.
The front foot extensions are great for the 4-post rack option to eliminate the need to bolt down, the dip attachment allows for a portable dip station, and the landmine provides additional barbell versatility
As for attachment compatibility outside of Griffin Fitness, notable places to look are Rogue Fitness, REP Fitness, and Titan Fitness. Each of these companies offers attachments that will fit 3×3 and 5/8″ hardware (Rogue Monster Lite, REP PR-4000, and Titan X-3). One thing to keep in mind is that imported racks (Griffin/REP/Titan) use the metric system vs. the imperial system on USA-made racks (Rogue). This means that hole spacing will be slightly shorter. If you find an attachment that has two pins (or a single pin with a second hitch pin) then it may not fit properly. Single-pin attachments tend to work fine.
What They’re Saying at Griffin Fitness
The Griffin GR3 Lite Power Rack is a new product with no current reviews. This section will be updated as reviews as posted at griffin.fitness.
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed the Griffin GR3 Lite Power Rack.
The below racks were picked as alternatives to the Griffin GR3 Lite Power Rack.