- Manufacturer: Gungnir of Norway
- Purpose: Multipurpose
- Bar Weight: 20kg
- Gender: Men
- Tensile Strength: 216,000
- Yield Strength: N/A
- Knurl Type: Medium
- Center Knurl: Yes
- Knurl Marks: Dual
- Shaft Finish: Satin Hard Chrome
- Shaft Diameter: 28mm
- Sleeve Finish: Electroless Nickel
- Sleeve Type: Grooved (SlideLock)
- Rotation System: Bushings
- Made In: Norway
- Warranty: Lifetime
Read below to get a closer look at the Gungnir Allrounder Bar including product details, features, a full Garage Gym Lab review, real user feedback, and more.
The Gungnir Allrounder is one of the most revolutionary barbells on the market. This bar includes a built-in collar system with a titanium SlideLock to secure your plates on the bar – no need for external collars.
This is a premium multipurpose bar with several notable qualities including a center knurl, electroless nickel sleeves, and of course the patented SlideLock.
This is a premium bar at a premium price. I own this bar in my personal collection, and I use it frequently.
Read more below.
Features & Highlights
- Satin Hard Chrome – The Gungnir Allrounder includes a beautiful-looking satin hard chrome that gives off a matte finish. Chrome is a cost-efficient plating that does a good-but-not-great job at fighting off oxidation. You won’t get the same feel as you would with a non-plated finish like bare steel, stainless steel, etc… but you get a nice blend of feel and rust resistance without the larger price tag.
- 28mm Shaft – The bar includes a 28mm shaft, which is more consistent with Olympic weightlifting. This is will offer a comfortable grip for most people and it will generate more whip than a 28.5mm diameter commonly seen on a multi-purpose bar.
- Medium Knurling – The Allrounder has one of the most refined knurls that I've ever felt. It's not aggressive by any means, but it provides a good texture, a good grip, and it's machined extremely well.
- Dual Knurl Rings – This bar offers dual knurl rings, which is standard for a multi-purpose bar. This allows you to perform both Olympic Weightlifting movements as well as powerlifting movements, but the bar is catered more towards Oly lifting given its diameter.
- SlideLock Technology – The SlideLock mechanism used on the Allrounder bar is brilliant and it functions flawlessly. Lift, slide, lock – it's that simple. The lock is made out of titanium and has been proven to hold basically anything that can be thrown at it through substantial testing.
- Electroless Nickel Sleeves – The sleeves on the bar are finished in electroless nickel, which is one of the best finishes for oxidation resistance. It's also one of the nicest-looking finishes available.
- Center Knurl – The Allrounder Bar does include a center knurl, which is great for those who want some additional texture on back squats. This knurl is fairly passive, so it will still be comfortable in the front rack position.
- Strong Warranty – This bar comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Made in Norway – This bar is made in Oslo, Norway.
From the Manufacturer
What They're Saying at Gungnirofnorway.com
The Gungnir Allrounder Bar has received outstanding feedback from users. With an average rating of 5/5 at gungnirofnorway.com, here are some of the things they have said:
- “The sliding collar mechanism works flawlessly, is simple, and the whole barbell is exceptionally well made. I won’t be looking back, that’s for sure.”
- “What I enjoy about training with the Allrounder is the Versatility and the convivence of not hunting down collars. Its fantastic for anyone that is looking for a well balanced, light knurling barbell that is universal for functional training.”
- “Everything about the bar is just perfect, I am extremely happy with the purchase, the packaging keeps the bar safe, the shipping is super fast, and the quality and performance of the bar is really on another level.”
- “Best purchase I ever made! The quality is amazing …im spoiled. i love not having to deal with collars. still looks new after months of use!”
- “The slide locks are obviously the best feature, but the rest of the barbell is also top notch from the coatings to knurl to overall build quality and construction.”
- “The Allrounder is an excellent bar and just a solid product. It's really easy to use. I was actually surprised at how efficient it was. I work at a PT/client facility where no members train on their own – only with a personal trainer or physical therapist. Naturally I was intrigued to see if we would have use for a bar like this, when the use of clips never really has been an issue for us. For about 6 months we've been using the bar, and now there's no going back for me. I didn't know I needed this. This is the future. A nice and sweet time efficient future. Especially when doing heavier lifts, with multiple warm up sets before you reach target weight, the difference between the allrounder and other barbells become really apparent. Changing weights has never been so easy and fun. Just slide and rack. It's a solid barbell and I've yet to see a drop in performance/quality. I've received multiple positive feedback from clients as well. This is the real deal!”
- None Noted
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has reviewed this bar. You can read the full review here or you can view the synopsis below.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Gungnir Allrounder Bar: