Intek ModF Bar
- Manufacturer: Intek Strength
- Purpose: Trap Bar
- Bar Weight: 68 lbs
- Single/Dual Handles: Dual
- Knurled: Yes
- Handle Diameter: 31.75mm
- Shaft Finish: Powder Coat
- Sleeve Finish: Powder Coat
- Olympic-Sized Sleeves: Yes
- Rackable: Yes
- Sleeve Length: 15.25″
- Made In: USA
- Warranty: N/A
Read below to get a detailed look at the Intek ModF Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Intek ModF Bar
The Intek ModF Bar is a rackable, modular open-ended trap bar with dual handles and a built-in deadlift jack.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- Dual Handle Height – The Intek ModF Bar includes dual handles to allow for full and partial range-of-motion lifts. The high handles sit 4″ above the lower handles.
- Knurled & Angled Handles – The Intek ModF bar includes knurling on both sets of handles with a medium texture and a single knurl ring in the center. The handles measure 31.75mm (1.25″), which is a common diameter for a trap bar. A unique feature of this bar is that the handles are slightly angled to allow for varied grip positions.
- Rackable – One of the best benefits of this bar is that it's rackable, which opens up even more variety, including rack pulls, press variations, pull-ups, etc…
- Modular – The Intek ModF is a modular bar, meaning it ships essentially split in half. The center is then connected with a heavy-duty internally-housed steel tube. On the inner edge is the option to add a rounded roll bar to allow for cambered squats.
- Open-End Design – This bar offers an open-end design, which is a versatile feature that allows for a variety of movements that aren't possible with a closed-end design.
- Handle Width – The distance between the handles measures ~25″ on center, which will accommodate most users comfortably.
- Sleeve Length – The ModF Bar offers 15.25″ of loadable sleeve length, which is among the longest of trap bars. This will allow users to load a good amount of weight.
- Weight limit – This bar offers a weight limit of 700lbs, which is enough for most people, but less than most open-ended trap bars.
- Powder Coat Finish – Powder Coat is a very common finish on specialty bars. It does a good job at limiting oxidation, but it does tend to show scuffs easily, especially on rack contact points and sleeves.
- Olympic Sized Sleeve – The sleeves on the ModF Bar are Olympic-sized, which means you'll be able to use standard collars.
What They're Saying at Intek Strength
Intek does not currently offer reviews on their site.
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has owned and used this bar for years. You can read the review here or view the synopsis below.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Intek ModF Bar: