Prime Fitness Trap Bar
- Manufacturer: Prime Fitness
- Purpose: Trap Bar
- Bar Weight: 73 lbs
- Single/Dual Handles: Adjustable Height (5 options up to 9″)
- Knurled: Yes
- Handle Diameter: 30mm Standard + 2 Other Options
- Shaft Finish: Gloss Powder Coat
- Sleeve Finish: Stainless Steel
- Olympic-Sized Sleeves: Yes
- Rackable: No
- Sleeve Length: 16″
- Made In: USA
- Warranty: N/A
Read below to get a detailed look at the Prime Fitness Trap Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Prime Fitness Trap Bar
The Prime Fitness Trap Bar is a very high-end and feature-rich trap bar that includes adjustable height handles, swappable grips, a built-in jack, and Olympic-sized sleeves.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- Adjustable Handle Height – The Prime Fitness Trap Bar includes a very unique adjustable height mechanism that utilizes a simple pop-pin. Where most trap bars include single or dual handle heights, the Prime Trap Bar offers five height options spaced 1″ apart for a total height of up to 9″.
- Knurled Grip Options – This bar offers several grip options that can be swapped out depending on your preferences/training. The bar comes standard with a set of 30mm (1.18″) handles, but users have the choice to add the KAZ handles or the RO-T8 handles. KAZ Handles are conical and they gradually taper in diameter to more comfortably fit the contours of the hand. RO-T8 handles have an ergonomic paddle-style handle to eliminate grip fatigue.
- Grip Width – This bar offers a 25″ handle gap, which is a common width and one that most users will find to be comfortable.
- Not Rackable – One downside to the Prime Trap Bar is that it's not rackable.
- Open-End Design – This bar offers an open-end design, which is a versatile feature that allows for a variety of movements that aren't possible with a closed-end design.
- Integrated Bar Jack – This bar includes a built-in jack that can easily be flipped, allowing for plates to be loaded/unloaded effortlessly.
- Sleeve Length – The Prime Trap Bar offers a 16″ loadable sleeve length, which is among the longest in the industry and one that is capable of carrying a lot of weight.
- Olympic-Sized Sleeves – Another great feature of this bar is that the sleeves are Olympic sized, which means you can use any collar. They're also finished in stainless steel, which will look much better over time compared to conventional powder coat on many trap bars.
From the Manufacturer
Introducing the PRIME Trap Bar. This bar provides incredible versatility, superior made-in-the-U.S.A. craftsmanship, and an open design to accommodate different body types allowing for a greater variety of exercises. The PRIME Trap Bar is equipped with loading jacks for ease of loading/unloading, along with the ability to adjust handle heights in 1” increments (0”-9”). These height settings allow you to make adjustments that fit your mobility and body type, along with creating new exercise options (mechanical drop sets, rack pull variations without the rack, etc. Comes standard with a pair of 1’’ diameter grip handles and weighing in at 73lbs.
What They're Saying at Prime Fitness
Prime Fitness currently does not provide online reviews.
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed this bar.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Prime Fitness Trap Bar: