Kabuki Strength Power Bar – Electroless Nickel
- Manufacturer: Kabuki Strength
- Purpose: Powerlifting
- Bar Weight: 20kg
- Gender: Men
- Tensile Strength: 250,000+
- Yield Strength: N/A
- Knurl Type: Aggressive
- Center Knurl: Yes
- Knurl Marks: Powerlifting
- Shaft Finish: Electroless Nickel
- Shaft Diameter: 29mm
- Sleeve Finish: Electroless Nickel
- Sleeve Type: Grooved
- Rotation System: Bushing
- Made In: USA
- Warranty: 5 Years
Read below to get a closer look at the Kabuki Strength Electroless Nickel Power Bar including product details, features, a full GGL review, real user feedback, and more.
Kabuki Strength Electroless Nickel Power Bar
The Kabuki Strength Electroless Nickel Power Bar is one of the best powerlifting bars on the market.
I have used this bar for several years, and it's excellent. It offers a mountainous knurl but without a sharp bite. Its electroless nickel plating is great at providing a raw feel and outstanding oxidation resistance.
This is a premium bar and a premium price.
Check out all the details below:
Features & Highlights
- Electroless Nickel – Electroless Nickel is a chemically applied plating that offers great texture while also providing strong resistance to oxidation. In that sense, it's one of the best platings available for a barbell because you don't lose grip in spite of improved oxidation resistance and vice versa. It's also a beautiful-looking finish that will last the test of time. This bar is also offered in bright zinc and black oxide at cheaper prices.
- Aggressive Knurling – This bar has an aggressive knurl that isn't overly sharp thanks to it's almost smoothed out mountain peaks. This bar offers one of the highest points-per-square-inch ratios I've ever seen, and because of that, it also reduces some of the bite. This bar makes for a great PR bar or just an all-around daily driver.
- 29mm Shaft – The 29mm shaft on the Kabuki Electroless Nickel Power Bar is consistent with IPF standards. It creates a very rigid shaft ideal for the big 3 power lifts.
- IPF Knurl Marks – This bar offers single powerlifting knurl marks spec'd to IPF requirements.
- Tensile Strength – The 250k+ PSI tensile strength of the Kabuki Power Bar is the highest of any power bar currently on the market.
- Grooved Sleeves – The grooved sleeves will tend to keep the plates on the bar better than a smooth sleeve when not using collars, but they will also be louder. The sleeves are also finished in electroless nickel.
- Bushings – The bar offers a bushing rotation system, which is expected with a power bar.
- Center Knurl – This bar includes a center knurl in the same knurl pattern as the rest of the bar. In the center of the center knurl is a vertical smooth line for easy identification when lining up under the bar.
What They're Saying at Kabuki Strength
The Kabuki Strength Electroless Nickel Power Bar receives very positive feedback from users. With a 4.9/5 average rating at kabukistrength.net, here are some of the things people have said:
- “The best bar that I've ever personally laid hands on. The grip/knurl is unprecedented, I've sensed zero flex during any of my lifts and the Bright Nickel really is beautiful. The bar's knurl has literally eaten away at portions of my Rogue rack with no signs of wear on the bar itself. I don't suspect that I'll ever be strong enough to truly push this thing to its limits but there is not so much as a scratch on the bar after about 4 months of pretty consistent use, including rack pulls which are notorious for deforming bars (I'd prefer not to rack pull with this but my space/setup is limited for actual deadlifts).”
- “I received a the nickel barbell from a friend who was going to live internationally. I have had this bar for about a year now. I can definitely say this is the best barbell I have ever used. The knurl is incredible. At first I thought that it was terrible as it was not tearing into my hands. Instead the knurl provides more and more traction the more you squeeze without tearing up your hands. The bar is incredibly strong. There is no to very little bend in the bar even with 600 or more pounds on it. It helps with stability on the major lifts (deadlift, bench press, squat, OHP, and rows). On a side note the bar looks amazing, especially when paired with black urethane plates. Moreover, the end caps are the best looking end caps from any other bars. I have used texas power bars, rogue ohio power bars, eleiko power bars, and so many more brands with various finishes. This is by far the best you can buy. Buy and you will not be disappointed.”
- “I purchased the nickel plated Power Bar and it is simply amazing. I use it excluding for bench work and the grip of the bar is nothing short of extraordinary. I have Rogue and American Barbell (stainless steel & zinc) bars and the Kabuki Power Bar is way more impressive in quality and the way it feels when lifting. It is a premium bar and would recommend if your budget allows.”
- “The knurling is aggressive but not painful. I rarely feel the need to use chalk with this bar because it feels so comfortable (also making it easier to clean). The balance and spin are also so spot on. You may wonder, “What is so great about the Kabuki PB that makes it that much more expensive than something like the Rogue Ohio PB?” Until you actually use it and feel it, it is difficult to describe. Don't get me wrong: there are a lot of great bars out there (like the Ohio PB), but if you really want an upgrade and feel like spoiling yourself, you cannot beat this. Knowing that it is designed, built and sold by real lifters and engineers with the highest quality steel in the USA is an added bonus; knowing that I'm helping to keep real American welder-craftsmen and metallurgists busy is worth an extra 10-20% alone.”
- “I just received my power bar a few days ago. Fit and finish on this bar is fantastic. I earlier said I was hesitant due to some older posts on the the web. They are ALL wrong. My bar is in spectacular shape. Perhaps just growing pains getting the business up back then. This is by far the best bar I've used and I've used most of them by now. I can't rate it high enough. Worth every cent.”
- None Noted
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has reviewed this bar. You can read the full review here or you can view the synopsis below.
The Kabuki Power Bar was a winner in the Garage Gym Lab 2022 Best Barbell Awards.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Kabuki Strength Electroless Nickel Power Bar.