Kabuki Strength Power Bar – Zinc
- Manufacturer: Kabuki Strength
- Purpose: Powerlifting
- Bar Weight: 20kg
- Gender: Men
- Tensile Strength: 250,000+
- Yield Strength: N/A
- Knurl Type: Aggressive
- Center Knurl: Yes
- Knurl Marks: Powerlifting
- Shaft Finish: Zinc
- Shaft Diameter: 29mm
- Sleeve Finish: Zinc
- Sleeve Type: Grooved
- Rotation System: Bushing
- Made In: USA
- Warranty: 5 Years
Read below to get a closer look at the Kabuki Strength Zinc Power Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Kabuki Strength Zinc Power Bar
The Kabuki Strength Zinc Power Bar is the most economical of the three Power Bars from Kabuki. This is one of the best power bars in general on the market.
Check out all the details below:
Features & Highlights
- Zinc Finish – Bright Zinc is a cost-efficient plating that does an OK job at fighting off rust. You won’t get the same feel as you would with a non-plated finish like bare steel, stainless steel, etc… but you get a good blend of feel and rust resistance without the larger price tag. This bar is also available in black oxide and electroless nickel, both of which are more expensive than the zinc option.
- Aggressive Knurling – This bar has an aggressive knurl that isn’t overly sharp thanks to it’s almost smoothed out mountain peaks. This bar offers one of the highest points-per-square-inch ratios I’ve ever seen, and because of that, it also reduces some of the bite. This bar makes for a great PR bar or just an all-around daily driver. Zinc won’t offer quite the same level of texture as electroless nickel or black oxide.
- 29mm Shaft – The 29mm shaft on the Kabuki Zinc Power Bar is consistent with IPF standards. It creates a very rigid shaft ideal for the big 3 power lifts.
- IPF Knurl Marks – This bar offers single powerlifting knurl marks spec’d to IPF requirements.
- Tensile Strength – The 250k+ PSI tensile strength of the Kabuki Power Bar is the highest of any power bar currently on the market.
- Grooved Sleeves – The grooved sleeves will tend to keep the plates on the bar better than a smooth sleeve when not using collars, but they will also be louder. The sleeves are also finished in zinc.
- Bushings – The bar offers a bushing rotation system, which is expected with a power bar.
- Center Knurl – This bar includes a center knurl in the same knurl pattern as the rest of the bar. In the center of the center knurl is a vertical smooth line for easy identification when lining up under the bar.
What They’re Saying at Kabuki Strength
The Kabuki Strength Zinc Power Bar receives very positive feedback from users. With a 4.9/5 average rating at kabukistrength.net, here are some of the things people have said:
- “Ive been powerlifting for about 15yrs now. In that time I’ve owned countless barbells (OHPB, all the Texas bars etc)and have used probably every high end barbell in competition. This is the best barbell I have ever used without a doubt. The knurling is amazing. The overall feel is great. I didn’t expect a noticeable difference from other barbells but there is and its all for the better. I didn’t think anything would take over for my bare steel TPB that Ive had for a decade but its now on the sidelines. I use this bar mostly for bench and accessory work as I have the Kabuki Squat bar and an Ohio deadlift bar.”
- “I have delayed writing a review for the simple reason that I wanted to be able to put this bar through its paces under normal lifting conditions. After using it now for a few months I can say with complete confidence that this bar can be summed up with three words. Quality, durable, craftmanship. The nickel plating is clean and elegant, the knurling is the best I have seen, and the hardness of the bar I have yet to see any others that can even come close. Kabuki has taken all the key details of what you want in a power bar and and brought them together to make a new classic.”
- “We now have 2 Kabuki power bars in our faciity. These are mixed with power bars from other brands but they stand out from our others in so many ways. We have a black oxide and a zinc one. They are both unmatched in quality and as we replace our other bars throughout the years they will be replaced with kabuki products!”
- “If Kabuki makes it and I need it I buy it. Everything I get from them is always the highest quality.The teams attention to detail is amazing. I think I was most amazed by the feel of the knurling because it was unexpected. It is by far the most solid bar I have ever used.”
- “This is by far the best knurling I have ever felt. Very grippy and not too sharp. Didn’t even need to use chalk for deadlifts! For Squats it feels like a competition barbell that is twice as expensive. No whip at all. Highly recommend this!”
- None Noted
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has reviewed this bar. You can read the full review here or you can view the synopsis below.
The Kabuki Power Bar was a winner in the Garage Gym Lab 2022 Best Barbell Awards.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Kabuki Strength Zinc Power Bar.