- Manufacturer: REP Fitness
- Bench Type: Flat/Incline/Decline
- Adjustment Style: Ladder
- # of Back Adjustments: 7 (-20-85 degrees)
- # of Seat Adjustments: 3
- Flat Bench Height: 18″
- Pad Dimensions: 11.75″ Wide, 54.25″ Long, 2.5″ Thick
- Bench Weight: 95 lbs
- Weight Limit: 1,000lbs
- Wheels: Yes
- Tripod Design: Yes
- Color: Multiple Options
- Made In: Import
- Warranty: 10 Years on Frame
Read below to get a detailed look at the REP AB-3000 including product details, features, a full GGL review, real user feedback, and more.
The REP Fitness AB-3000 is one of the most popular FID (flat, incline, decline) benches on the market. It blends an attractive price point with a quality bench and it receives very good feedback as a result.
I own this bench in my personal collection.
Read more below.
Features & Highlights
- Ladder & Pin Design – The AB-3000 includes a ladder-style adjustment on the seat, which is the quickest and easiest adjustment style. The seat adjusts with a simple pop-pin, which isn’t as fast, but which is still very easy.
- # of Adjustments – The bench offers 7 back adjustments and 3 seat adjustments for a total of 21 potential adjustment options. The back pad ranges from -20 degrees to 85 degrees (-20, 0, 20, 35, 50, 65, 85).
- Pad/Seat Gap – There is a 1.75″ gap between the back and the seat. In general, the smaller the gap the better when it comes to flat benching on an adjustable bench. A 1.75″ inch gap is considered to be a relatively minimal gap.
- Seat Pad & Leg Roller – The seat on this bench gradually gets wider, which differs from some other benches that gradually taper. I personally prefer a tapered design that gets narrower, but that isn’t as big of a deal on this bench because of the leg rollers. These rollers are used for decline benching, but unlike the more expensive options where this piece is removable, on the AB-3000, it’s intended to remain on the bench since it also includes the handle. You are able to adjust the angle of the rollers themselves depending on your height/preferences.
- Weight Limit – The REP AB-3000 offers a 1,000lb rating, making it capable of handling virtually anything you can throw at it.
- Not IPF Height – This bench is not IPF height in the flat position sitting at 18″ tall. This isn’t uncommon among adjustable benches, but it’s something to consider if you plan on flat benching often on the AB-3000. If you would prefer an IPF-height adjustable bench, the REP AB-3100 v3 may be a good option, although you don’t get a decline position.
- Includes Wheels & Handle – This 95lb bench does include a handle and wheels, making it much easier to maneuver around the gym.
- Grippy Vinyl – This bench offers a textured vinyl that produces a great grip and reduces slippage while benching.
- No Upright Storage – There is no option for upright storage on this bench. Technically you can prop it up against a wall with something behind the wheels to prevent the bench from falling, but a standalone storage feature is not available.
- Color Options – The AB-3000 can be purchased in red, blue, metallic black, and matte black.
What They’re Saying at Repfitness.com
The REP AB-3000 receives very positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.9/5, here are some of the things people have said at repfitness.com:
- “I really love everything about this bench. The material grips well when I dig in for lifts. The best priced FID bench I’ve seen. More Rep Fitness buys in the future”
- “I had been looking for a good strong bench that would be a good foundation to my basement gym. I came across the REP website and saw the AB-3000 FID which had great reviews. Was not sure about ordering without being able to check it out but thought Id give it a shot. The delivery time from Colorado to Illinois was just under a week. I was very pleased with the speed of delivery. The box it was delivered in was in good shape and it was packaged neatly with all parts needed to put the bench together. Putting the bench together was easy. It was apparent after the bench was together it was very sturdy. I got the blue bench and is a very sharp addition to my son and my basement gym. The bench does not move when doing dumbbell exercises and makes you feel very comfortable.”
- “I just finished my garage gym and needed a bench that was quality at a good price… this bench is sturdy, comfortable, and gives you a peace of mind when bench pressing heavy loads in flat or incline position. A quality bench is essential to any gym… I’m a satisfied customer!”
- “Very heavy duty bench for a great price! No movement at all when benching heavy weight.”
- “I was debating between this and the zero gap adjustable and I’m glad I went with this. Its very solid but easy to move because of the wheels. Adjustment in position is easy, you don’t need to do anything for the back but lift up and pull a pin for the front. There’s very little gap on this bench so I’m very happy with the money spent!“
- “Can’t believe how impressed I’ve been with this bench. The build and finish are far beyond expectations. You won’t regret getting one. The height, sturdiness, finish, instructions, angles or positions, and comfort of this bench made me really happy with the purchase. Looks great as well and I’d do it again.”
- “The only reason I did not give it a 5 star was the decline position. In the decline position the leg padding does not adjust enough. I’m 5 11″ and trying to use the leg padding in decline is very uncomfortable. It would not adjust enough to make it comfortable to use. It needs to adjust further out than it does currently. Other than that its a great bench the height is just right and the padding on the bench is not too soft or too hard. Well worth the money if you don’t decline much.”
- “My only complaint is that the leg restraint doesn’t have a set position and it wasn’t clear whether I should leave the nut loose enough to make use of that adjustability or pick an angle and tighten down everything.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab owns this bench and is in the process of reviewing it. Stay tuned!
The below benches were picked as alternatives to the Rep Fitness AB-3000.