- Manufacturer: REP Fitness
- Bench Type: Flat/Incline/Decline
- Adjustment Style: Telescoping
- # of Back Adjustments: 7 (0-90 degrees)
- # of Seat Adjustments: 5 (-15-45)
- Flat Bench Height: 17.25″
- Pad Dimensions: 12.25″ Wide, 53.25″ Long, 2.5″ Thick
- Bench Weight: 117lbs
- Weight Limit: 1,000lbs
- Wheels: Yes
- Tripod Design: No
- Color: Multiple Options
- Made In: Import
- Warranty: 10 Years on Frame
Read below to get a detailed look at the REP AB-5100 including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
The REP Fitness AB-5100 is a high-quality FID bench at a more affordable price than the AB-5000. They're essentially the same bench except the 5100 has a wider gap vs. a zero gap. This bench has nice specs, several notable features, and very positive feedback overall.
Read more below.
Features & Highlights
- Telescoping Design – The REP AB-5100 includes a telescoping design on the back and the seat. This style of adjustment isn't as fast as a ladder style, but it is more secure and some prefer the aesthetics.
- # of Adjustments – The bench offers 7 back adjustments and 5 seat adjustments. The back pad ranges from 0 degrees to 90 degrees (0, 15, 30, 45, 60, 75, 90) and the seat from -15 degrees to 45 degrees (-15, 0, 15, 30, 45).
- Pad/Seat Gap – There is a 3″ gap between the back and the seat. In general, the smaller the gap the better when it comes to flat benching on an adjustable bench. 3″ is the widest gap that REP offers. If you're doing a lot of flat benching, you may elect to also pick up a flat bench. The FB-5000 from REP is a great companion. Otherwise, you may consider the AB-5000, which creates a zero gap in any position.
- Leg Attachment – As an FID bench, you will need to use a leg attachment to perform decline movements. That piece is sold by REP separately here.
- Weight Limit – The AB-5100 uses a 3×3 11-gauge steel construction and offers a 1,000lb capacity, which is plenty for virtually anyone. The bench weighs around 117 lbs.
- IPF Height – This bench measures 17.25″ tall from the floor in the flat position, which is within IPF specs. This is a nice benefit, but the gap may post issues for some people in the flat position. Again, a flat bench companion or the AB-5000 would eliminate that concern.
- Includes Wheels & Handle – Like most adjustable benches, this bench does include a handle and wheels. The handle on the AB-5100 is a vertical grip that swivels – a nice feature, which differs from the fixed handle on the AB-5000. The wheels also include a wheel guard.
- Front Foot – The front foot on this bench is slightly wider than some that use a more traditional single post design like the AB-5200. While it's still not very wide, it may interfere with foot placement in certain positions.
- Grippy Vinyl – This bench offers a textured vinyl that produces a great grip and reduces slippage while benching.
- Upright Storage – The AB-5100 can be stored vertically, which is a great benefit. It takes up very little footprint when stored in this way.
- Color Options – The bench can be purchased in red, blue, metallic black, and matte black.
What They're Saying at Repfitness.com
The REP AB-5100 receives very good feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.9/5, here are some of the things people have said at repfitness.com:
- “I picked up this bench for my garage gym. From the packaging itself you can tell the company cares a lot about their product because it was incredibly well packed and organized so that nothing would be damaged in transit. The bench is solid and decently heavy, and it feels great under a heavy load. The pad is solid and supportive without being uncomfortable in the slightest. The pin movement is great as well. I’d recommend the bench to anyone.”
- “This bench has been a great addition to the home gym. I have no issues with the pad gap, primarily use for incline and decline work. This is my second REP bench, also have the FB-5000 wide pad.”
- “Originally ordered the AB-3100 Rep sales staff helped me pick the perfect bench. Assembly was quick and easy, and the UPS guy wanted to get a quick set in. The quality is amazing and way cheaper and better than the other guys.”
- “This adjustable bench is awesome! High quality bench, with solid pads and smooth mechanism, at an unbeatable price. The decline leg attachment works great too.”
- “This bench is a tank. Worth every penny. Easily adjustable and stores on end without issues. Padding is heavy duty and nonissues with the bench wobbling after assembly. Best adjustable bench I've used.“
- “This bench is a beast. Feels like its built to last a lifetime. It adjusts and snaps into place smoothly and easily. I like that the leg attachment does not get in the way of doing flat or incline work. You can back up onto the bench for dumbbell press exercises without an attachment getting in your way. Highly recommend.”
- “Gap is a little excessive in between pads but great bench overall.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed this bench, however, a review of the AB-5000 Zero Gap is available here. The main differences are the pad gap and the sight difference in the handle.
The below benches were picked as alternatives to the Rep Fitness AB-5100.