Rep Fitness Trap Bar
- Manufacturer: Rep Fitness
- Purpose: Trap Bar
- Bar Weight: 55 lbs
- Single/Dual Handles: Dual
- Knurled: Yes
- Handle Diameter: 25mm
- Shaft Finish: Hard Chrome
- Sleeve Finish: Hard Chrome
- Olympic-Sized Sleeves: Yes
- Rackable: No
- Sleeve Length: 16″
- Made In: Import
- Warranty: 5 Years
Read below to get a detailed look at the REP Trap Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
REP Fitness Trap Bar
The REP Trap Bar is a very basic, budget-friendly trap bar with a no-frills spec profile.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- Dual Handle Height – The REP Trap Bar includes dual handles to allow for full and partial range-of-motion lifts. The high handle sits 6″ off the floor.
- Knurled Handles – The handles on the REP Trap Bar are knurled in a medium pattern. The 25mm diameter is thinner than most traditional bars and it’s among the thinnest of trap bars. Some users will find this useful and comfortable while others may find it too thin.
- Not Rackable – This bar is meant to be used off the floor.
- Sleeve Length – The Rep Trap bar offers a 16″ loadable sleeve length, which among the highest of all trap bars.
- Weight Limit – The biggest limitation to this trap bar is its weight rating. At a 500lb capacity, it lags most trap bars. If you’re on a budget and you don’t plan on lifting beyond 500lbs, this is a fine option. Otherwise, you may want to focus elsewhere.
- Hard Chrome – Chrome is a cost-efficient plating that does a good-but-not-great job at fighting off oxidation. Chrome is nice on a specialty bar in the sense that you won’t have as many cosmetic concerns as the popular powder coating on many specialty/trap bars.
- Olympic Sized Sleeve – A great feature about the REP Trap Bar is that it offers a 50mm sleeve, which is consistent with a traditional barbell. This means you can use a standard collar on this bar.
From the Manufacturer
The Trap Bar features a durable hexagonal frame, allowing for equal distribution of weight around your body, rather than in front. This unique design allows you to drive more weight off the floor, while reducing stress and tension on the lumbar spine. The Trap Bar is an advantageous piece of equipment to have in your gym as it improves the efficiency of a lift, especially during deadlifts. This piece of equipment is an excellent addition to any strength and conditioning set-up.
What They’re Saying at Rep Fitness
The REP Trap Bar receives very good feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.9/5, here are some of the things people have said at repfitness.com.
- “This Trap Bar from REP is awesome, weve had 500lbs in bumper plates on it without any issues. The longer sleeves have made this bar well worth the money. Local pick up is the way to go if your able to. It has a good finish, I like a more aggressive knurling but its good.”
- “Great bar at a great price. Makes doing deadlifts much easier for someone with a bad back or for someone older — Im 57. I have not yet used for other exercises. Sleeves do not rotate, but that doesn’t cause me any issues. Well constructed, solidly finished, and high quality bar. I’ve been using 2 times a week for more than 2 months and haven’t had issues. I use with Fat Gripz with it to improve my forearms. Makes deadlifts more challenging.”
- “Love this HEX Bar, prepping for my ACFT!”
- “I haven’t really put this thing through the life-long abuse it is sure to endure, but from the bit of use it has gotten so far and from what I can tell, it’s pretty solid quality. I’m very happy with my purchase as of so far.”
- “Best price for a bar with longer sleeves, I can easily put 405+ on this with bumper plates.”
- “Not what I expected. Grips are super wide and not ergonomically aligned. It’s a rather huge bar. 500 lbs is the max weight capacity as well. No bueno.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed this bar.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the REP Trap Bar: