Rep Sport Plates
- Manufacturer: REP Fitness
- Plate Type: Rubber Bumper Plate
- Insert Type: Center Ring
- Weight System: LB/Pounds
- Weight Increments: 10LB-55LB
- Durometer Rating/Bounce: NA/Medium Bounce
- Weight Tolerance: N/A
- Diameter: 450mm
- Hole Size: 50.4mm
- Color: Black & Color
- Made in: Import
- Warranty: N/A
Read below to get a detailed look at the REP Sport Plates including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
REP Sport Plates
REP Sport Plates are unique durable bumper plates with a cool-looking design, textured edges for better grip, and a claimed decibel reduction by up to 10 decibels when dropped from overhead.
These plates are ideal for general lifting, CrossFit, etc… but they can also be used for Olympic weightlifting and powerlifting.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- Low Bounce – REP doesn’t state a durometer rating on these plates, but they do claim that they’re low bounce. User feedback also confirms their low bounce, which likely results in an upper-80’s durometer, which is consistent with this plate type. For perspective, competition plates generally carry ratings of 90+.
- Center Ring – These plates use a steel center ring insert that measures 50.4mm in diameter. This is consistent with similar plates and it accommodates Olympic-sized barbells very nicely.
- Raised Edges + Textured Edges – These plates have three areas when a raised edge for easy grip/handling. In the flatter areas, there is a textured/pebble grain surface that also assists in grip/handling.
- Weight Offerings – REP Sport Bumpers can be purchased from 10LB up to 55LB and they’re sold in pairs. REP doesn’t currently offer sets for these plates.
- Plate Width – These bumpers offer a nice overall width profile that will accommodate over 500lbs on the bar. Plate widths are as follows:
- 10LB – 1″
- 15LB – 1.2″
- 25LB – 1.8″
- 35LB – 2.4″
- 45LB – 2.8″
- 55LB – 3.2″
- Durability – These plates haven’t been out long enough to grade their long-term durability, but early feedback has been positive and REP claims they can be used and abused in many settings. In a home gym setting especially, these should last a long time.
- Weight Tolerance – REP doesn’t claim a guaranteed weight tolerance on the Sport Plates. Their color bumpers have a weight tolerance of +/- 3%, even though they’re likely to weigh-in much closer than that. The Sport Plates likely have a similar tolerance.
- Aesthetics – These plates have an unconventional look with unique lines and edge contours. The plates include a nice-looking color scheme on the text and line work.
What They’re Saying at Repfitness.com
Rep Sport Plates receive very positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.8/5, here are some of the things people have said at repfitness.com.
- “Best bumper I own. I have bumper plates from some of the other big names, these bumpers match and exceed every other bumper I have. Easy to grab, low bounce, built very well. So far all rep fitness gear purchased has surpassed my expectations. Very impressed”
- “I had done research on many bumper plates and finalized my decision on these. I was originally waiting on the color Rep Fitness plates, but they continued to be out of stock. One day, these appeared on the website and they looked really cool. Because they were brand new and no one had reviewed them yet, I took a risk that Rep Fitness would likely make another set of good bumper plates. They arrived and felt great right out the box. The rubber texture is grippy and feels solid. When they are stocked together on a bar, they grip together. The drop from overhead is minimal. Overall, I’m satisfied with their aesthetic, feel, apparent durability, and actual use in workouts. I’d definitely recommend these plates.”
- “These are some of the nicest bumpers I have ever owned. Once you pull them out of packaging you will notice a difference. Bright, vibrant labeling, textured so they are easy to grip. Outstanding, waiting for more stock so I can complete my set.”
- “Only bad thing about these plates are they can be kind of hard to grab with not much of a ledge or handle on them. Otherwise they work great.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed these plates.
The below plates were picked as alternatives to the REP Sport Plates.