Fringe Sport Savage Bumper Plates
- Manufacturer: Fringe Sport
- Plate Type: Rubber Bumper Plate
- Insert Type: Stainless Steel Center Ring
- Weight System: LB/Pounds
- Weight Increments: 10LB-55LB
- Durometer Rating/Bounce: 85/Medium Bounce
- Weight Tolerance: +/- 1%
- Diameter: 450mm
- Hole Size: 50.3mm
- Color: Color
- Made in: Import
- Warranty: 1 Year on 10-15LB & 3 Years on 25LB+
Read below to get a detailed look at the Fringe Sport Savage Bumper Plates including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Fringe Sport Savage Bumper Plates
The Fringe Sport Savage Bumper Plates are some of the most unique-looking bumper plates on the market. Instead of offering a fleck design like several other companies, Fringe introduced a tiger-stripe design that, quite frankly, looks awesome.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- Low Bounce – These plates have a 90 durometer rating on the 10LB and 15LB plates and an 85 rating on 25LB+. This creates a medium-to-low bounce, which means you won’t be chasing your bar around the gym like you would with a bouncier plate. These ratings are generally consistent with plates of similar style.
- Center Ring – These plates use a stainless steel center ring insert with a 50.4mm diameter. This is consistent with similar plates and it accommodates Olympic-sized barbells nicely.
- Raised Flanges– The outer edges of the plates are raised to help when picking the plates up from a flat position or otherwise carrying them.
- Weight Offerings – Fringe Savage Bumpers can be purchased from 10LB up to 55LB and they’re sold in pairs. They’re also available in sets ranging from 100LB up to 460LB, which is one of the most comprehensive offerings on the market. The sets and pairs all ship for free.
- Plate Width – These bumpers offer a solid overall width. They aren’t as narrow as higher-end plates, but they’re very comparable to plates of similar style. Plate widths are as follows:
- 10LB – 1.05″
- 15LB – 1.2″
- 25LB – 1.87″
- 35LB – 2.35″
- 45LB – 2.9″
- 55LB – 3.2″
- Durability – These plates have a very strong reputation when it comes to durability. They include a hooked center insert that helps improve longevity. With this style of plate, the most common durability concerns center around the insert loosening over time and the rubber chipping. User feedback has been excellent overall, however, and these should last years, especially in a home gym setting.
- Weight Tolerance – The Savage Bumpers from Fringe have a weight tolerance of +/- 1%, which is very competitive on this style of plate.
- Aesthetics – These are perhaps the best-looking bumpers Fringe Sport sells in their entire catalog. The tiger stripes are unique, fun, and they just look cool. The raised contrast lettering is always a great touch as well.
- Warranty – Fringe Sport offers an impressive warranty on these plates. They warranty the 10LB & 15LB plates for 1 year, which is longer than most (6 months or less), and they warranty 25LB+ for 3 years.
What They’re Saying at fringesport.com
Fringe Sport Savage Bumper Plates receive very positive, but somewhat limited feedback from users. That being said, this bumper plate in general (cosmetics aside) has been reviewed very positively by hundreds of users. With an average rating of 5/5, here are some of the things people have said at fringesport.com.
- “I purchased the Savage Plates due to the reviews I found online. I wanted something different. These are different and they look good. I have seen colored bumper plates that look dirty and beat up after being used. I didn’t want that. The Savage plates will conceal scuff marks. They will stay better looking longer. They are also quiet. I work out in the morning and have to be quiet. These don’t clang around like iron plates. I really like the look it gives my gym. I had a minor issue with a plate and contacted Fringe Sports. They were very responsive and exceeded my expectations in making me a happy customer. These are quality bumper plates and Fringe Sports in a quality company.”
- “I bought a set of the 2 tone green 25’s at Amazon to add to our garage gym. I’m very pleased with this gem so far. Seem very durable they don’t bounce very much when dropped onto the horse stall mats we use for our floor. We liked them so much we invested in another 100 lbs . 10’s-15’s and more 25’s .”
- “After almost 15 years away from really working out, I decided something ‘nice’ would get me motivated. Never used bumper plates and I wish I had discovered them earlier. They look great and the lack of noise (which I used to love) is a nice change. They’re holding up well and I expect they’ll last a while. Thanks guys.”
- “I’ve had mine for over a little 5 months and I love love love them. Really good quality, and they’re so eye-catching!”
- “Cool packaging. Cool color design. Great performance. Highly recommended over other bumpers.”
- “Excellent quality. I bought the 25lb pair. The weight was dead on. And, not that it really matters, but they look good.”
- None noted
Garage Gym Lab Review
The Fringe Sport Savage Bumper Plates were a winner in the Garage Gym Lab Best Weight Plate Awards.
The below plates were picked as alternatives to the Fringe Sport Savage Bumper Plates.