Rogue Fleck Plates
- Manufacturer: Rogue Fitness
- Plate Type: Rubber Bumper Plate
- Insert Type: Stainless Steel Center Ring
- Weight System: LB/Pounds
- Weight Increments: 10LB-55LB
- Durometer Rating/Bounce: 90/Low Bounce
- Weight Tolerance: +/- 1%
- Diameter: 450mm
- Hole Size: 50.4mm
- Color: Color/Fleck
- Made in: Import
- Warranty: 2 Years
Read below to get a detailed look at the Rogue Fleck Plates including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Rogue Fleck Plates
Rogue Fleck Plates have become a sort of a cult hit since their release. These plates not only look awesome, but they function very nicely as well. They have a low bounce, a tight tolerance, and a competitive width profile.
These plates are great for general lifting, CrossFit, etc… but they can also be used for powerlifting and Olympic weightlifting specifically.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- Minimal Bounce – These plates have a durometer rating of 90, which provides a very low bounce. Most 90+ ratings are reserved for training/competition/urethane bumpers, which makes the Fleck Plates impressive in that regard. The higher the rating, the harder the material and the lower the bounce.
- Stainless Steel Center Ring – The center ring is made of stainless steel, which is very durable and protects nicely against oxidation. The ring itself measures 50.4mm, which is on par with more expensive competition-style plates. This will provide a very solid fit on Olympic-sized barbells.
- Raised Flanges– The outer edges of the plates are raised to help when picking the plates up from a flat position or otherwise carry them.
- Weight Offerings – Rogue Fleck Plates can be purchased from 10LB up to 55LB and they're sold in pairs. They're also available in sets ranging from 160LB up to 350LB. Pricing on sets includes shipping, whereas individual pairs do not.
- Plate Width – The Flecks offer a reasonable width, which sits between more traditional rubber bumpers and higher-end competition-style plates. This will allow you to load a very respectable amount of weight on the bar. Plate widths are as follows:
- 10LB – 0.85″
- 15LB – 1.2″
- 25LB – 1.6″
- 35LB – 2.08″
- 45LB – 2.76″
- 55LB – 3.02″
- Durability – These have received very positive feedback in terms of their durability. In a home gym setting, these should perform well for a long time. They're backed by a two-year warranty. It's recommended not to drop 10LB or 15LB plates by themselves, as these are most prone to warping and/or loosening around the center insert.
- Weight Tolerance – The Rogue Fleck Plates have an accurate weight tolerance of +/- 1%.
- Aesthetics – These plates look really cool with their fleck pattern. The colors are vibrant and they make a statement as compared to more traditional bumpers. The contrasting white lettering also looks nice.
What They're Saying at Roguefitness.com
Rogue Fleck Plates receive very positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.9/5, here are some of the things people have said at roguefitness.com.
- “I'm glad I waited for these.. they're beautiful, heavy and virtually no rubber odor. Great for my home gym!”
- “These plates are solid. Rogue quality is unparalleled at this price point. Cant wait for many years with these. Just waiting on the 15s to complete my set.”
- “Starting to collect the fleck plates cause I want some plates color coded. Great quality as usual and look even better! Look forward to getting the rest.”
- “Love the fleck plates. Low odor. Not too thick. Seem to be durable. Functionally the same as Echos or HGs but these just have a really cool look.”
- “These plate are great. Well built. Even the 10lbs are strong enough and do well with the pounding on the Ground. Awesome.”
- “I decided to work on my home gym and bumper plates were the next piece. I figured I'd spend the extra bit to get something better looking than crumb bumpers. These did not disappoint! Some plates have more flecks than others of the same color, but it makes them unique.”
- “Everything I expected for functionality, but I was hoping the coloration to be more consistent as shown in the website pictures. One plate I got was heavily flecked, and the other was much less so. Visually, the balance is off, but at the end of the day, weight is weight.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed these plates.
The below plates were picked as alternatives to the Rogue Fleck Plates.