REP SR-4000 Squat Rack
- Manufacturer: REP Fitness
- Rack Type: Squat Stand
- Tube Size: 3×3 11-Gauge Steel
- Hole Size: 5/8″
- Hole Spacing: Westside (1″ ) through bench zone. 2″ above and below.
- Height: 96″ or 103″
- Footprint: 73″ Deep/53″ Wide (47″ on Uprights)
- Weight: 230lb or 237lb
- Numbered Uprights: Yes
- Color: Black
- Made In: Import
Read below to get a detailed look at the REP SR-4000 Squat Rack including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
REP SR-4000 Squat Rack
The REP SR-4000 Squat Rack is a well-spec’d, feature-rich squat stand at a solid price point. It’s built with 3×3 11-gauge steel, 5/8″ hardware, and it includes Westside hole spacing.
The stand can be purchased in two heights: 96″ and 103″. It also includes two weight storage posts, and it can be bolted to the ground if preferred.
Overall, this is one of the best squat stands for the money, in my opinion.
Read more below.
Features & Highlights
- Steel Size – The SR-4000 Squat Stand from REP is constructed with 3×3 11-gauge steel and it’s assembled with a bolt-together design. 3×3 steel is popular for its strength, attachment compatibility, and its overall aesthetic.
- Flat Foot Design – One of the biggest benefits of a squat stand is that you don’t have to bolt it down because of the flat foot design. This U-shaped base keeps the rack secure to the floor. During heavy sets when re-racking your bar, you may find the rack will shift slightly. This is normal for a squat stand – the overall stability of the stand is very strong and safe. REP does provide the option to bolt this stand to the ground if you want a completely fixed unit.
- Plate Storage – One of the best features of the SR-4000 squat stand that isn’t common on some other competing stands is the rear plate storage. REP provides two vertical weight posts on the back. This not only helps with organizing your plates, but it provides additional stability to the rack.
- Hole/Hardware Sizing – This rack uses 5/8″ hardware, which is one of the most common hardware sizes used on power racks. The rack will accommodate most of REP’s 4000-Series Attachments/Accessories as well as some from other companies (read more in the compatibility section below).
- Hole Spacing – The SR-4000 offers Westside hole spacing, which is a common feature on 5/8″ racks. The holes are spaced 1″ apart through the bench zone, allowing for finer adjustments on your J-cups and safeties. This can be useful for people who are “in-between” sizes. Above and below the Westside section are holes with standard 2″ spacing between them.
- Exterior Rack Dimensions – This rack has a total width of 53″ and a total depth of 73″, which does make it larger than some other stands. Most of the extra space is attributed to extra stability. In terms of the uprights themselves, the stand offers a width of 47″, which is beneficial compared to the 49″ you commonly see. This width makes it easier to rack and re-rack your bar cleaner because there’s more space between the plates and the uprights. The total height of this stand will be 96″ or 103″ depending on which you pick.
- Pull-Up Bar – The SR-4000 includes a single 1.25″ diameter powder-coated pull-up bar.
- Safety Options – This stand does not come with any safety options as standard. It is highly recommended that you purchase the safety spotter arms so that you can confidently lift on the rack. These spotter arms can also allow for rack pulls and other movements.
- No Color Options – The REP SR-4000 is only available in a black powder coat.
What’s Included in the Box
The REP SR-4000 Squat Rack includes the following pieces as standard:
- (2) Standard J-Cups with UHMW Lining
- (1) Flat Foot Base
- (2) Vertical Weight Posts
- (2) 93″ or 100″ Uprights with Side Hole (total height of 96″ or 103″)
The REP SR-4000 Squat Rack is constructed with 3×3 steel and 5/8″ hardware, which is compatible with REP’s 4000-Series Attachments.
Here you can add additional accessories to your squat stand or you can upgrade the ones that come standard with the SR-4000.
The sandwich cups are a big improvement over the standard j-cups, the landmine opens up a ton of barbell variety, the dip bar creates a portable dip station, and the spotter arms are essential for safety.
As for attachment compatibility outside of REP Fitness, notable places to look are Rogue Fitness and Titan Fitness. Each of these companies offers attachments that will fit 3×3 and 5/8″ hardware (Rogue Monster Lite and Titan X-3). One thing to keep in mind is that imported racks (REP & Titan) use the metric system vs. the imperial system on USA-made racks (Rogue). This means that hole spacing will be slightly shorter. If you find an attachment that has two pins (or a single pin with a second hitch pin) then it may not fit properly. Single-pin attachments tend to work fine.
What They’re Saying at REP Fitness
The REP SR-4000 Squat Rack receives great, but limited feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.8/5, here are some of the things people have said at repfitness.com.
- “Super sturdy and I can do every lift that I could do in the gym. With a few bumpers on the weight-horns, b/c of the broad base, no give or movement at all even with kipping pull-ups. Love this thing, but looking at the pictures of the other 4 post racks…only thing is that I may look to get one of those souped up PR4000s or 5000s!”
- “This piece of equipment meets my needs perfectly. Very sturdy build. High quality. Easy install. I would definitely recommend to anyone not really needing a full power rack but wanting something that’s still compatible with most of the available attachments. Very pleased with the quality of REP products. All items arrived in perfect condition. Will definitely be a repeat customer!”
- None Noted
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed the REP SR-4000 Squat Rack.
The below racks were picked as alternatives to the REP SR-4000 Squat Rack.