Rogue Adjustable Bench 3.0
- Manufacturer: Rogue Fitness
- Bench Type: Flat and Incline
- Adjustment Style: Ladder
- # of Back Adjustments: 10 (0-85 degrees)
- # of Seat Adjustments: 3
- Flat Bench Height: 17.5″
- Pad Dimensions: 11.25″ OR 11″ Wide, 56.5″ Long, 2.5″ Thick
- Bench Weight: 125lbs
- Weight Limit: 1,000lbs
- Wheels: Yes
- Tripod Design: Yes
- Color: Multiple
- Made In: USA
- Warranty: Limited Lifetime on Frame
Read below to get a detailed look at the Rogue Adjustable Bench 3.0 including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Rogue Adjustable Bench 3.0
The Rogue Adjustable Bench 3.0 is the latest addition to the Rogue Fitness adjustable bench lineup. This bench is the upgraded version of the Adjustable bench 2.0, which was already a very popular ladder-style bench.
This new 3.0 version includes several improvements, including more adjustment options, thicker steel, a smaller pad gap, two pad styles, a ladder enclosure, multiple colors, and more.
Read more below.
Features & Highlights
- Ladder Design – The ladder design on the Rogue Adjustable Bench 3.0 is faster and easier to use than a telescoping spine. This bench utilizes a ladder on both the seat and the back. Each ladder section is fully enclosed to prevent any unnecessary movement of the seat or back when adjusting. The bench uses 3×3 11-gauge steel on the frame and it requires some basic assembly upon delivery.
- # of Adjustments – The bench offers 10 back adjustments and 3 seat adjustments for a total of 30 potential adjustment options. Compare this to version 2.0, which only had 6 back options and 2 seat options (12 total). The back pad ranges from 0 to 85 degrees, and the seat can adjust to 0, 15, or 30 degrees. This version is one of the most adjustable benches on the market.
- Pad/Seat Gap – There is a very minimal gap of 1″ between the seat and the back pad when in the flat position. This makes it very manageable and comfortable when performing a flat bench press, as some adjustable benches can be problematic for some users given their larger gaps. Compare this to the 2″ gap on the prior version of this bench.
- Pad width – The Adjustable Bench 3.0 can be purchased with two different pads. The first is the traditional vinyl-wrapped foam pad. This is a very common pad style and it provides a textured surface that grips very well. The second, more premium option, is the molded foam pad. This has even more texture and it’s far more durable since it doesn’t have vinyl at all and it’s denser. These pads measure 11.25″ and 11″ in width, respectively. Either one is a bit narrower than the more common 12″ wide pads. This ultimately comes down to personal preference: some users like a wider pad while others like a narrower option.
- Weight Limit – Rogue doesn’t state a weight rating on this bench, but I’m confident it can handle whatever you can throw at it. Most benches in this class have a 1,000+lb weight rating – I see nothing about this design that would lead me to believe Rogue couldn’t match that.
- IPF Height – A great benefit of this bench that separates it from something like the REP AB-5200 is that it sits at 17.5″ (vs. 18″), which is within IPF specs. If you’re training specifically for powerlifting, this is a very nice feature. Even if you aren’t, this height will allow for better leg drive. The single-post front foot also gives your feet more freedom to find a good position.
- Includes Wheels & Handle – Like most adjustable benches, this bench does include a handle and wheels. This handle is horizontal and it sits low on the frame giving you good leverage.
- Upright Storage – Unlike the prior version, the Adjustable Bench 3.0 includes upright storage functionality as standard.
- Multiple Colors and Optional Stainless Steel Accents – Also unlike the last version, this bench can be purchased in black, red, or blue. You can also pay $100 extra to receive stainless steel accents, including a stainless steel ladder cage and rails.
- Made in America – This bench is made in the USA.
What They’re Saying at Roguefitness.com
The Rogue Adjustable Bench 3.0 receives very positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.7/5, here are some of the things people have said at roguefitness.com:
- “Love this bench! I ordered on a Friday and got it the next Tuesday. It arrived meticulously packaged in three boxes. Nothing moved during shipment. No scratches/imperfections on any of the metal parts. The bolts/nuts/screws were packaged in seven or eight different bags which made identifying the pieces needed for assembly very easy. It took about an hour to assemble it by myself. Very straightforward and simple assembly process. The bench is beautiful. It weighs 125 pounds but is very easy to transport on my platform. Stores out-of-the-way vertically which is nice. The pad is on the firm side but comfortable. All-in-all I love this bench. It is heavy-duty and commercial quality and a steal at this price. Will last a lifetime and will be passed on someday. Highly, highly recommend it.”
- “Definitely worth the money for my home gym. Extremely high quality and the upright storage feature saves a lot of space when not in use.”
- “Hard to put into words how much better this bench is than the other Rogue incline benches we had at the facility. Much better pad, adjusts easier and is just overall more sturdy and robust. Immediately upgraded every bench from Rogue’s 2.0 incline to these after getting one and seeing how good they were. Hats off to Rogue on this one.”
- “I purchased this bench a couple of months ago, I had a small issue with it. The customer service team was incredible, they couldn’t of helped me anymore than they did. They shipped another bench to me ASAP. This bench is fantastic, I would never buy any other equipment. There equipment is well made and easy to handle. I wouldn’t buy anything else.”
- “I absolutely love this bench. Construction is incredible and the lack of pad gap is awesome. I got the stainless steel model and the metal looks great. I purchased over another brand because this is made in the USA. Thank you Rogue for offering USA made products.“
- “This 3.0 satisfies every one of my issues with the 2.0, including number of incline angles and standing upright without a separate upright stand kit. Exceeded all my expectations, no flaws detected.”
- “My only complaint is the directions. In addition to my reading glasses I had to use a magnifying glass to see them, and I still did not see where it tells where to use the brass bushings. Luckily I am a pretty handy guy and figured it out. And, it is not clear which way to install the piece that connects the front foot to the bottom tube. I had to take mine back apart and switch it. To help others in the future, please clear that up and make the pictures bigger and more clear.”
- “The only con would be the wheels that came with the unit; for the price of the bench, the wheels are cheaper plastic that really doesn’t roll very well – most likely I’ll be upgrading those wheels sometime in the future.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
The Rogue Adjustable Bench 3.0 was a winner in the Garage Gym Lab Best Weight Bench Awards.
The below benches were picked as alternatives to the Rogue Adjustable Bench 3.0.