- Manufacturer: REP Fitness
- Bench Type: Flat and Incline
- Adjustment Style: Ladder
- # of Back Adjustments: 7 (0-85 degrees)
- # of Seat Adjustments: 3
- Flat Bench Height: 18″
- Pad Dimensions: 12″ Wide, 55.25″ Long, 2.5″ Thick
- Bench Weight: 125lbs
- Weight Limit: 1,000lbs
- Wheels: Yes
- Tripod Design: Yes
- Color: Multiple Options
- Made In: Import
- Warranty: 10 Years on Frame
Read below to get a detailed look at the REP AB-5200 including product details, features, a full GGL review, real user feedback, and more.
The REP AB-5200 is my personal favorite adjustable bench that I own. This is a very well-made and well-designed ladder-style flat/incline bench with nice specs, great feedback, and a fair price point.
Read more below.
Features & Highlights
- Ladder Design – The AB-5200 includes a ladder-style adjustment on both the seat and the pad. A ladder system is generally faster and easier to use. Another great benefit of this particular design is that REP includes a cage around the ladder, which prevents unnecessary movement when adjusting. Even further, they include urethane pins to help protect the finish of the bench.
- # of Adjustments – The bench offers 7 back adjustments and 3 seat adjustments for a total of 21 potential adjustment options. The back pad ranges from 0 degrees to 85 degrees (0, 15, 30, 45, 60, 75, 85).
- Pad/Seat Gap – There is a 2.25″ gap between the back and the seat. In general, the smaller the gap the better when it comes to flat benching on an adjustable bench. While some of REP's other adjustable benches have marginally smaller gaps, the 2.25″ on this bench is still very manageable.
- Wide Pad Option – REP offers a wide option on both the back pad and the seat pad, which is an excellent feature on this bench. The wide options increase the width from 12″ to 14″. Having owned both sets of pads, I greatly prefer the wide back, but I still prefer the 12″ seat. They can be purchased separately here.
- Weight Limit – The AB-5200 offers a 1,000lb rating, which is more than enough for most people. It uses a 3×3 11-gauge steel frame construction and the bench itself weighs a whopping 125lbs – STOUT!
- Not IPF Height – This bench measures 18″ tall from the floor when in the flat position, which is just outside of IPF specs. If you're a shorter lifter, you may prefer something shorter, but anything under 18″ on an adjustable bench is fairly uncommon. If you do a lot of flat benching, the REP FB-5000 pairs excellently with the AB-5200.
- Includes Wheels & Handle – Like most adjustable benches, this bench does include a handle and wheels. I really like the horizontal handle on this bench – it's very comfortable and easy to use.
- Optional Spotter Deck – You can add an optional spotter deck to the 5200 here. This is great if you're training with a partner and need a spotter.
- Grippy Vinyl – This bench offers a textured vinyl that produces a great grip and reduces slippage while benching.
- Upright Storage – A huge benefit of the AB-5200 is that it can easily be stored vertically. When stored this way, the bench takes up very little footprint.
- Color Options – The bench can be purchased in red, blue, metallic black, and matte black.
What They're Saying at Repfitness.com
The REP AB-5200 receives excellent feedback from users. With an average rating of 5/5, here are some of the things people have said at repfitness.com:
- “I ordered the AB-5200 in red and I recommend this bench. I have a small one car garage gym and the ability for this bench to store upright helps to maximize my space. The padding is great and the material has a nice grip. Seat adjustment is easy and the laser cut angles are a very nice touch. If you are in the market for a great adjustable bench that wont break the bank, look no further”
- “Ok, love this REP Fitness AB-5200 Adjustable Bench. The thought that went into not just its performance as a great flat and incline bench with three levels for the seat and incremental 10 and 15 degree elevations of the back, but the kick-stand to make it stable standing on-end was really impressive. It fits great tucked inside the free space between my squat rack and can still fit my 4-Runner on that side of the garage. Pretty sweet!!”
- “The equipment REP sells is of TOP Gym quality! I am a heavy lifter and this 5200 is outstanding. Rock solid and gorgeous aesthetics. I cant believe their low prices and outstanding customer service!! THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!”
- “Well constructed, love the ability to tilt up for storage in my garage gym. As good if not better then competitor at a better price. Highly recommend!!”
- “Awesome flat and incline bench. Everything as advertised and as hoped for and even more…far surpassed my expectations! The only bench you’ll ever need.“
- “The AB-5200 is a tank, an absolute beast of an adjustable bench. Heavy and solid, almost overbuilt. Very high quality. I was actually going to buy the AB-3000 or 3100, but this monster suddenly came into stock, so I jumped on it. No regrets, especially since the big bench stands upright, a cool feature.”
- “Two negatives, I got a red bench where some of the paint comes off and I had some scuff marks.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has reviewed this bench. You can read the full review here or you can view the synopsis below.
The below benches were picked as alternatives to the Rep Fitness AB-5200.