Rogue Chan Bar – Cerakote
- Manufacturer: Rogue Fitness
- Purpose: Olympic Weightlifting
- Bar Weight: 20kg
- Gender: Men
- Tensile Strength: 200,000
- Yield Strength: N/A
- Knurl Type: Medium
- Center Knurl: Yes
- Knurl Marks: Dual/Multipurpose
- Shaft Finish: Cerakote over Stainless Steel
- Shaft Diameter: 28.5mm
- Sleeve Finish: Cerakote or Hard Chrome
- Sleeve Type: Grooved
- Rotation System: Composite Bushing
- Made In: USA
- Warranty: Lifetime
Read below to get a closer look at the Rogue Chan Bar including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Rogue Chan Bar – Cerakote
The Rogue Chan Bar is a USA-Made multipurpose bar that is a very popular option due to several high-end featutes.
Equipped with a 28.5mm shaft, dual knurl marks, composite bushings, a center knurl, and a 200,000 PSI tensile strength, it’s spec’d to handle everything from Olympic lifts to powerlifts.
A unique aspect of this bar is that the outer knurl starts wider than a normal bar to accommodate wider stances without the risk of the knurl scraping your shins.
In addition, the bar has a slick looking black Cerakote over a stainless steel shaft for maximum corrosion resistance. You also have the option to pick from a Cerakote or hard chrome finish on the sleeves.
Here are some further details about the bar:
Features & Highlights
- Cerakote Finish – Cerakote is a high-quality finish option that has been made popular on barbells due to its outstanding resistance to rust and corrosion. Originally created to be used on firearms, Cerakote has been shown to withstand abuse and harsh environments. If you train in a humid environment like a garage gym, Cerakote is a great option. The potential downside to Cerakote is that it’s applied on top of the shaft, which has a tendency to remove some of the raw feel of a bare steel, stainless steel, etc.. shaft.
- Stainless Steel Shaft – One of the unique aspects of this bar is that the Cerakote is actually applied on top of a stainless steel shaft, providing extreme resistance to oxidation. Even if the Cerakote chips, it will expose stainless steel, which ensures this bar will look great for a long time.
- 28.5mm Shaft – The 28.5mm shaft on the Rogue Chan Bar is comfortable in the hands and provides a nice balance between rigid and whippy, making it ideal for a variety of lifts.
- Center Knurl – Center knurls are very common on multipurpose bars, but the Chan Bar does include one. It’s a ‘ghost’ knurl, so it will be more passive than the rest of the bar, but it does exist.
- Tensile Strength – This bar offers an impressive 200,000 PSI tensile strength, which stacks up very well against the competition.
- Grooved Sleeves – The sleeves on this bar have fine grooves that help keep the plates on the bar better when you’re not using collars. The downside is that grooved sleeves make an audible zip noise when loading/unloading plates. You can also choose between black Cerakote or hard chrome as the finish. I would recommend hard chrome since it will look better over time – Cerakote will scratch and scuff easily from plates sliding on and off.
- American Made – This bar is 100% made in America.
What They’re Saying at Roguefitness.com
The Rogue Chan Bar receives excellent feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.9/5, here are some of the things they have said at roguefitness.com:
- “I bought this barbell hoping that it would fit my needs. 100% satisfied. The knurl is a little more aggressive than my Operator bar and my shins are grateful for the added spacing of the knurl. The passive center knurl secures the bar in the front squat, yet it doesn’t tear the collar bone up like the OPB. So glad that I ordered it. Worth every penny.”
- “My main purpose for this bar is for the big 3, but I’ve also comfortable used it for Olympic lifting. It’s stiff, yet still has decent whip. The standard knurling feels great in the bands and I also really like the center knurling on this bar: it’s passive and will stick to your shirt nicely for back squats.”
- “This bar is worth it for the passive center knurl and extra wide spacing alone. The passive knurl allows for easy positioning on back squats as you can feel for the centering. The extra wide spacing makes keeping the bar close to your shins a much lass harrowing experience.”
- “This is a great bar. It has two great features that I only appreciated more after having it and using it for a while; 1. The passive center knurl – is great for cleans and just enough knurl to help with cleans or shoulder to overhead movements without a shirt on. 2. The larger (21 inch) gap between outer knurling – I am constantly roughing up my quads and shins in various pulls, and this essentially eliminates those issues and translates to much more efficient bar movement.”
- “Knurling is fantastic on the outer portion of the shaft. Center knurl is very passive. Bar looks great and performs great. Excellent do-it-all bar!”
- “I’m giving it four stars for two reasons. One, I’d have preferred a bit more whip. Two, I’d definitely have preferred a bit more rotation on the sleeves.”
- “I’m not a fan of the ribbed sleeves because they are loud when putting weight on and off and they also scrape my plates which means they are always dirty, covered in iron dust which gets everywhere.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
The Rogue Chan Bar was a winner in the Garage Gym Lab 2022 Best Barbell Awards.
The below barbells were picked as alternatives to the Rogue Cerakote Chan Bar: