Rogue Echo Bumper Plates
- Manufacturer: Rogue Fitness
- Plate Type: Rubber Bumper Plate
- Insert Type: Stainless Steel Center Ring
- Weight System: LB/Pounds
- Weight Increments: 10LB-45LB
- Durometer Rating/Bounce: 88/Medium Bounce
- Weight Tolerance: +/- 1%
- Diameter: 450mm
- Hole Size: 50.6mm
- Color: Black w/ White Lettering
- Made in: Import
- Warranty: 90 Days on 10-15lbs & 3 Years on 25lb+
Read below to get a detailed look at the Rogue Echo Bumper Plates including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Rogue Echo Bumper Plates
Rogue Echo Bumper Plates are some of the most popular bumpers on the market. These plates have a classic look, they function well, they're priced competitively, and they're well-regarded by users. They're also approved for use in the Army Combat Fitness Test.
These plates are great for general lifting, CrossFit, etc… but they can also be used for powerlifting and Olympic weightlifting specifically.
Rogue also sells a color version that you can find here.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- Low Bounce – These plates have a durometer rating of 88, which provides a low bounce. A rating of 88 is in-line with several higher-end competition/training-style plates (88+). The higher the rating, the harder the material and the lower the bounce.
- Stainless Steel Center Ring – The center ring is made of stainless steel, which is very durable and protects nicely against oxidation. The ring itself measures 50.6mm, which is slightly larger than the 50.4mm diameter on other plates, but which will still accommodate an Olympic-sized bar nicely.
- Raised Flanges– The outer edges of the plates are raised to help when picking the plates up from a flat position or otherwise carrying them.
- Weight Offerings – Rogue Echo Bumper Plates can be purchased from 10LB up to 45LB and they're sold in pairs. They're also available in sets ranging from 160LB up to 260LB. Pricing on sets includes shipping, whereas individual pairs do not.
- Plate Width – These plates have a fairly slim profile in comparison to other economy bumpers, which is a great benefit. You won't get the same width as more expensive plates, but the profile on these plates will allow you to load a very respectable amount of weight on the bar. Plate widths are as follows:
- 10LB – 0.83″
- 15LB – 1.04″
- 25LB – 1.5″
- 35LB – 1.90″
- 45LB – 2.40″
- Durability – The Echos have a very good reputation as far as durability is concerned. The stainless steel insert coupled with virgin rubber is conducive to longevity, although it's important to remember that these are economy bumpers. In a home gym setting, these will likely hold up very nicely. It's recommended that you don't drop the 10LB or 15LB plates by themselves, as this could lead to warping and/or the insert loosening.
- Weight Tolerance – The Rogue Echo Bumper Plates have an accurate weight tolerance of +/- 1%.
- ACFT Approved – These plates are approved to be used in the United States Army Combat Fitness Test.
- Aesthetics – These plates have a classic look to them, but the contrasting white lettering really helps them stand out. These are overall a very nice-looking bumper plate.
What They're Saying at Roguefitness.com
Rogue Echo Bumper Plates receive very positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.9/5, here are some of the things people have said at roguefitness.com.
- “I love these. Simple and clean look. Thin for bumpers and high quality!”
- “Bought these for my garage gym and I highly recommend them. I bought rubber flooring for them and they land great on it. Just by feeling them, you can tell how good the quality is and I highly recommend purchasing these.”
- “The plate itself is very good. With its durometer rating of 88, it doesn't bounce a lot and is very sturdy. They are also very accurate. I weighed all of them with the biggest difference being .6 lbs. But the best reason of all, these plates look awesome. I would recommend this buy. Thanks Rogue!”
- “A simple, yet well constructed bumper plate. I work at a military facility where these are used and abused constantly and they are holding up really well. I have a pair of these for my home gym as well. No doubt these plates will last longer than I will. As long as you're using these correctly they will out last you too.”
- “Bought the full V2 Echo Bumper Set. They are great bumper plates, not too thick compared to other bumpers. They look amazing and are very accurate weight-wise. Would highly recommend anyone looking for bumper plates to get a full set.”
- “Great plates. The Echo v2 are much thinner than most Bumpers which makes them much easier to handle and load on and off the bar.”
- “The 45’s-25’s are great but go with a thicker plate for your 10’s. Have had my Rogue Echos for less than 2 months and the 10’s are already “tacoing”. They have never been dropped without 45’s on the bar also. Rogue warranty does not cover bending so don’t trust that either.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed these plates.
The below plates were picked as alternatives to the Rogue Echo Bumper Plates.